Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: Wardrobe/storage issues

Feb 23, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:
You don't know this...if you do please provide a link. If not I shall feel obligated to report your post for spreading false information.

It makes sense. To be more specific, it makes financial sense.

Speculation at best. As I said, reported. Nothing will come from it however I know....perhaps if enough others felt compelled to do the same, things might be different.

Message 11 of 95 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

The "few folks" being affected are simply making the most noise.  That does NOT make them the majority.

I had absolutly no issues (aside from my favorites being in a different order, they were all still there)...  that is untill last night.  Now everything is scrambled, and favorites are no longer marked as such, with no logical reason why.

It is an issue, and hopefully the software team is looking for the fix.  

Untill then, just make the best of it.

Message 12 of 95 (348 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

myalana wrote:
You don't know this...if you do please provide a link. If not I shall feel obligated to report your post for spreading false information.

It makes sense. To be more specific, it makes financial sense.

Except Conrad, there is a whole list of things that make perfectly good sense and would benefit Sony if they did them, that they have not.  So making a claim that just because it makes sense, they must be doing it is absurd, as Sony has a VERY long history of not doing sensible things... It's also why they have gone from being a 150 billion dollar company to a 15 billion dollar company while many of their competitors have surpassed them over the same period of time.

Red pill or Blue pill, the choice is yours to make.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 95 (335 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

The "few folks" being affected are simply making the most noise.  That does NOT make them the majority.

I had absolutly no issues (aside from my favorites being in a different order, they were all still there)...  that is untill last night.  Now everything is scrambled, with no logical reason why.

Your initial statement undercuts the overall message. You go on to say that you are having issues too, but that bit at the beginning, you diminish the fact that many are having problems. How does this help the community? I thought HCVs had the community's interest at heart.

Were such tactics included in a memo from Cade, or did you make this assertion all on your own?

Message 14 of 95 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

I had absolutly no issues (aside from my favorites being in a different order, they were all still there)...  that is untill last night.  Now everything is scrambled, with no logical reason why.

Your initial statement undercuts the overall message. You go on to say that you are having issues too, but that bit at the beginning, you diminish the fact that many are having problems. How does this help the community? I thought HCVs had the community's interest at heart.

I simply present the statement as it is.  You're welcome to have a different perception.

We do.

I will not comment further.

Edit: Removed off-topic portion of post at hand.

Message 15 of 95 (319 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Were such tactics included in a memo from Cade, or did you make this assertion all on your own?

It's OK... Far more HCV's have spoken out about the many issues with the update than have claimed the issues are few and far between... But I agree, it is disappointing to still see some of the familiar cheerleaders continuing to paint an ideal picture over significant problems with the service.  And just because they may or may not be experiencing the exact same issues, you might think they would show more compassion and support for those that are.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 16 of 95 (313 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Now then, it would seem that MANY have issues with their wardrobe and storage and are seeking a solution. Has anyone found one as of yet?

Edit: Removed off-topic portion of discussion at hand.

Message 17 of 95 (305 Views)
Fender Bender
3264 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Well, since you asked for clarification, myalana, I will provide it.  My apologies if I mis-interpreted your intent.

I based the statement on Glasswalls quote - that "a few" users are experiencing issues.  Since the Community Managers have access to Home data and usage statistics that we as end users do not, I simply took him at his word, that the users experiencing the wardrobe/items problem was a small percentage of the overall user base.

It's pretty evident by reading this forum that people do not come here and talk about how things are going right very often, the majority of threads are discussing problems such as this one with our items.  That makes it difficult to generalize what is going on with the overal user base based on what we see here.

I do (and we as HCVs do) wish everything worked for everyone correctly.  I'm admittedly frustrated by the problem too.  

I hope that clears it up.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 95 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

It also does NOT make them the minority.

In fact, there is far more evidence that they are the majority than they are the minority.  I also know for a fact that everyone on my friends list that I have chatted with about Home has experienced most of the same issues some far worse than others though... Not a single person has said they have not experienced any problems with their item folders getting re-shuffled and getting M-10 disconnect errors regularly in Home now, when they never got that particular error message before.

Unless of course you can provide facts that support your "perception" that they are the minority, other than the word of a community manager who has not exactly been very good at communicating accurate information and facts with us regarding issues with the service.

EDIT:  Read your last post (and even gave it kudos) and I can also see why you said what you did...

I can also understand how someone might wish to believe what they have heard from our community manager and take them for their word... However based on the huge spike in reported issues with Home following the update, it seems there is a significant disconnect between what he said and what is truly happening.

"Like it never happened"

Message 19 of 95 (292 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Well, since you asked for clarification, myalana, I will provide it.  My apologies if I mis-interpreted your intent.

I based the statement on Glasswalls quote - that "a few" users are experiencing issues.  Since the Community Managers have access to Home data and usage statistics that we as end users do not, I simply took him at his word, that the users experiencing the wardrobe/items problem was a small percentage of the overall user base.

It's pretty evident by reading this forum that people do not come here and talk about how things are going right very often, the majority of threads are discussing problems such as this one with our items.  That makes it difficult to generalize what is going on with the overal user base based on what we see here.

I do (and we as HCVs do) wish everything worked for everyone correctly.  I'm admittedly frustrated by the problem too.  

I hope that clears it up.  Smiley Happy

Apology accepted Tease3211. I am quite familiar with GW's statement as I posed the initial question and it was a reply to me that contained the quote you provided. I wonder just HOW such a determination was made. In my estimation, people tend to focus on the positive when they aren't afflicted with such issues. It's been over a week since we had any official word on these benign problems. I believe a "few" of us might appreciate an update. I see there was time to post a New Content thread. One might surmise that such promotion is more important to management  than any issues that the minority might face. Any thoughts on this?

Message 20 of 95 (284 Views)