Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Re: Wake Up Sony, before it is too late!

May 10, 2013
It will come.

Albeit a lot of forum users are positive, this is the Home forum where upset users are chastised if not ridiculed. Essentially being chased off in the process.

Though, we look back and see some great gaming, great friends and good times. There have been hiccups and has thoroughly been a learning process. Despite still being in Beta form, it seems like we should be a little bit further down the line in a program some users have spent literally thousands of dollars on. A program set on regular industry pricing with without official release standards. And therein lies the problem: standards.

Ise and freezers have been deep concerns and have not been addressed to standards of an outrageously devoted and invested set of users. Users that expect top notch quality of service and communication from their investments.

The unadulterated application of Lmo is also concerning, considering it lacks any real gaming association. Then theres bundle scamming. Showing indecipherable pictures whilst unable to try on any item parts of said bundle. All while advising us to post our own vids for other users if you even want to see what you are investing in. In this flailing Global economy, one would figure they would be a bit more sensitive to our consumer base. Other large companies that have loyalty discounts and regular sales seem to be bouncing back from the red. But Sony has deviated from basic marketing sense and standards when it comes to Home. They will release bikinis all winter and are about to release the High School cheerleader just in time for summer?

So where does Home go now that PS4 is at the forefront of Sonys concerns? Regardless if PS4 is released with Home, remember its currently a 50 mb app that can be installed later, even if they do plan to come out with a new version after officially releasing the new console. And I do forecast that there is going to be a sharp drop off of console buyers once/if it isn't released with Home. Though most Home users are dedicated gamers, a lot of them spend more time and money into Home than anywhere else on an annual basis. Why spend 500 some odd dollars on a PS4 that isn't catered to your needs? It's just common sense. Another part of this paradigm is the inevitable emergence of competition. People talk of boycotts and walkouts, though ideal, it is largely unrealistic. Though, another company that knows standards and practice, with good marketing sense will pop up. It will come. And when it does, and you lose the untapped resource of potential revenue Home users have, don't you dare ask; where did we go wrong? Because if you don't address the inconsistencies and problems plaguing Home soon, it will come.
Message 71 of 120 (279 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 10, 2013

^ Wow, hello there lil' lady Smiley Embarassed I need to frame that post and put it on my wall Smiley Surprised

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 72 of 120 (265 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 10, 2013
Thanks Champ ^^
Message 73 of 120 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 10, 2013

Don't want to make this a wall of text, so here goes.. I'm an optimist for the most part, what if Sony is seriously considering a lot of prior requests for ps4 & home that just were not going to happen because of ps3 hardware limitations; for example-

• being able to listen to music, your own, from CD or whatever type of mp3player that can be plugged in while in home
  • home trophy room in addition to all that's tied to your account
  • more free default moves & clothes, mostly to entice users to switch
  • better faster stand-alone web browser, fast switching between home/web/ps-mail
  • unlimited friends, clubs, etc.

-overall what if there's much better service for/with a ps4, I could be wrong & it could be just another console.

Message 74 of 120 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

May 10, 2013

mE-KayLa - ye of so few words yay say so much!  Nice post - Kudos.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 75 of 120 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
389 posts

May 10, 2013

I am a pretty simple guy and even I can see all the problems with home that need to be addressed , am I calling for someones head ? No. I just simply like Home and would like for the problems that have been neglected to be fixed as well as more communication rather we like the answer or not , communication and customer service goes along ways in my book.

As far as the people who are labeled as complainers or whiners ,correct me if i'm wrong but here's how I think of it.

We are beta testers and our job is to post what is going wrong with Home while Sony's job (should be) is to reply back to those problems and try to fix them, pretty simple imo.

The problem is while users have posted the problems often times they are ignored ,not addressed or the user who posts a problem gets hated on and called a complainer or whiner etc.  If someone takes the time to post there concerns and problems with home its pretty obvious they care about home and are simply trying to do what is expected in beta testers and that is report problems so they maybe fixed.

Just an obvervation and opinion ,carry on and hope everyone has a great night Smiley Happy

Twitter- @ALEXELWAY7

Youtube - ALEXELWAY
Message 76 of 120 (219 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

May 10, 2013

mE-KayLa wrote:
People talk of boycotts and walkouts, though ideal, it is largely unrealistic. 

You're right.  Boycotts and walkouts are generally doomed to fail because of apathy in the Community.

In the end, a protest movement will become a moot point.   Home is more likely to suffer a slow death as its user base dwindles out of disinterest, disillusionment and dissatisfaction.

For many of the veteran users, I believe that their connection to Home is comparable to a personal relationship gone bad.  Even though a break-up is probably in their best interest, it's somehow more comfortable to wait around hoping for things to get better.  The memories, time and money spent in the past make it difficult to cut the ties but the situation is more of a co-dependency than a sense of true optimism for the future.

castle3
Message 77 of 120 (214 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

May 10, 2013

I see posts like this all the time.  Problem is Sony never does anything to fix there problems.  There is still a little hope for Home but only if Sony acts soon and trys to make Home into a something new and or unique

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 78 of 120 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

May 10, 2013

ALEXELWAY wrote:

I am a pretty simple guy and even I can see all the problems with home that need to be addressed , am I calling for someones head ? No. I just simply like Home and would like for the problems that have been neglected to be fixed as well as more communication rather we like the answer or not , communication and customer service goes along ways in my book.

As far as the people who are labeled as complainers or whiners ,correct me if i'm wrong but here's how I think of it.

We are beta testers and our job is to post what is going wrong with Home while Sony's job (should be) is to reply back to those problems and try to fix them, pretty simple imo.

The problem is while users have posted the problems often times they are ignored ,not addressed or the user who posts a problem gets hated on and called a complainer or whiner etc.  If someone takes the time to post there concerns and problems with home its pretty obvious they care about home and are simply trying to do what is expected in beta testers and that is report problems so they maybe fixed.

Just an obvervation and opinion ,carry on and hope everyone has a great night Smiley Happy

MBA or not that's pretty clearly communicated and understood to those that LISTEN - ALEX.... 

Maybe Six Sigma training would help management if they have the time and not so stressed out about their JOB and CUSTOMERS that care about the product/services they were hired to do..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 79 of 120 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

May 10, 2013

There's a stark difference between people reporting problems and users who post weekly threads calling for management to be fired.

Issues with Home's performance belong in the Support Forum, where Joystick Warrior can sort them out. From there, it's up to SCEE or the third-party devs to fix things.

I can't recall anyone with a legitimate problem being shouted down around here. I've seen plenty of people try to grind axes and get called out for it. Sooner or later, you need to accept that your Criss Angel Mindfreaking Coffin Couch isn't coming back and move on. If they've had two years to fix something and they haven't, then they're not going to. Furthermore, they've basically told you that they don't care about you or your business. If you keep doing business with a company that treats you that way, then you'd best expect more of the same.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 80 of 120 (123 Views)