Nov 20 2012
By: TSUNADE1224 Treasure Hunter 3752 posts

WITH ALL OF THESE NEW LOCOMOTION ITEMS HAVE WE FORGOTTEN

8 replies 398 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

That we can't use all these companions we spent money on because the locomotion are activated the same way companions are.   IDK I just think its shame that I spend all this money and I can't use them if I want a locomotive activated. 

Message 1 of 9 (398 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: WITH ALL OF THESE NEW LOCOMOTION ITEMS HAVE WE FORGOTTEN

Nov 20, 2012

I'd personally like to see a new menu area simply for locomotion items. I wish they wouldn't mix them up with companions and so on. Hopefully a core would address that.

Seems most loco items only allow certain things. Can't dance with them. You can only use certain emotes. I'd love to be able to use loco wings and the Essence of the Seven Winds.

Seems they are neat but limiting in what you can do. Obviously the pocket camera was added to allow pictures at least when using the locomotion items. 

Message 2 of 9 (392 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

I'm sure they thought of that.

Then realized that thiese locomations would appeal more to users, than a companion that didn't do anything.

Message 3 of 9 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Nov 20, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Then realized that thiese locomations would appeal more to users, than a companion that didn't do anything.

This is true, but they keep selling us bundles with companions that we wont be able to use.  Example, is the new

Juggernaut Games—Nautilus Adventure Packs

Message 4 of 9 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Nov 20, 2012

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

This is true, but they keep selling us bundles with companions that we wont be able to use.  Example, is the new

Juggernaut Games—Nautilus Adventure Packs

That's kind of in the same situation I'm in, at the moment.

Would be nice, if they separate companions from inventory and had their own section.

I'm also not going to throw down all kinds of money, and rack up all the locomotions.

Because at the moment, I have the flying one and it's the best one in my opinion.

Message 5 of 9 (361 Views)
Sackboy
416 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Home most likely doesn't have enough memory to run both at the same time.  The locomotion items ARE companions that just work in a different way (attaching to your body)

Message 6 of 9 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Smoochy-Rhino wrote:

Home most likely doesn't have enough memory to run both at the same time.  The locomotion items ARE companions that just work in a different way (attaching to your body)

Is that right?  I Didnt know that, thanks for the insight Woman Happy

Oh gosh, now I keep thinking of a bird attached to my back ....LOL

Message 7 of 9 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Yep, it's pretty much this-for-that.  Maybe Home could establish some kind of point system so players can determine what they could sacrifice to allow them to have both a companion AND a locomotion item active at the same time.

Message 8 of 9 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

It's yet another joyous example of how pathetic Home's organization system is...

We've had Hands holding our auras, back-items, and 'misc.' things for ages, and the whole Inventory = 1 item only deal is just the next iteration of it all. We can hope that they divy up our Inventory into sub-categories that we can activate in tandem like Tools(avatar effects/locomotion) and Companions, but considering how long we wanted a camera we could take pictures that included our Companions with, it might be awhile before it happens. :/

EDIT: Also... call me a dreamer, but if it ever happened. I'd LOVE to see the "Tools" category be useable in-game for ones like Aurora where speed would be a plus, or stand-alone games like Scorpios(that old Sodium bar, remember? XD) where you aren't doing anything with your avatar but standing by a table, so being off it is redundant.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 9 of 9 (249 Views)
0 Likes