Survivor
2604 posts

Re: WHY PEOPLE!!! WHY!!!

Feb 16, 2011

I say ask for a mic chat.  Nothing wrong with that if you want to find out if that person you befriend with is a male or female.  If no mic chat then you just have to ponder, but you can always tell based on speech pattern too.  I did a test when I started in ver. 1.00 HOME and see what if I dress up as a female and to prove that you can easily attract many male avatar in a heart beat.  After that I just stick to my male avatar instead and never look back being a female avatar.  Otherwise I do make female avatar for single player RPG game or Streetfighting game just for the heck of it.

----------------------------------------------
"I present you facts, not sugar coated fiction..."

"Art imitate life, life imitate art..."

"To live through an uneventful day from sunrise to sunset, is the most precious that one can ask for..."

"You create the world of the dream. We bring the subject into that dream and fill it with their subconscious." - Dominic Cobb
----------------------------------------------
Message 111 of 157 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1238 posts

Feb 16, 2011

trellgang wrote:

Im sick & tired of the MALES pretending to be FEMALES or vice versa.It‘s just isn't kool.I have been in many situations that a girl was actually a dude.SONY need to make it that what ever you choose your avatar to be , You CAN‘T go back and CHANGE it later on . What do you think ?

Transvestites: More than Meets the Eye

Message 112 of 157 (39 Views)
Monster Hunter
19 posts

Feb 16, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

Personally, I can usually spot the guys dressed as girls from a mile away. Clothing is often a giveaway, but so are speech patterns and behavior.

A 5-minute guide to PlayStation Home -- http://www.gamer-indepth.com/

Get your Portable ID!

Just curious: do you think you can spot girls driving male avatars, too?

Message 113 of 157 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 16, 2011

It's always nice to know who is on the other side of the controller... but I rarely push the issue, why you may ask,,, because the only thing that really matters is if the person is nice and that you have fun on Home and in playing video games with them,,, I know there are people out there trying to meet the opposite sex on Home,,, but I am not one of them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 114 of 157 (39 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Feb 16, 2011

While i do agree with you that its pretty sad for other people to be doing this. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself for falling for it!

Happened to me when i first got on Home. i was dancing at that place in Central Plaza and a bunch of "girls" started dancing with me telling me i look hot (in default clothes mind you). they asked if they look cute and i said ya. they changed in their male counterpart and started laughing, and i did too because it was pretty funny.

I mean if you take it that seriously maybe you need to look at yourself. Home isnt some dating space where you will meet your true love. its just there to have fun.

iTofuMan Trophy Card

Message 115 of 157 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 16, 2011

emdeesee wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Personally, I can usually spot the guys dressed as girls from a mile away. Clothing is often a giveaway, but so are speech patterns and behavior.

Get your Portable ID!

Absolutely not. Girls are much better at being guys than guys are at being girls. It has a lot to do with conversation patterns and flow. The majority of males do not have the same sense of timing that women have in conversation. Women are, simply, better conversationalists than men, and engage more in what's being said.

Women also tend to have tasteful male avatars, and there are guys out there with actual fashion sense. If every woman walked around dressed as Fabio, that would be a giveaway, but women don't do that. A lot of guys who pilot females can be spotted by the blonde hair, outrageous body dimensions and mismatched skimpy clothing that their avatars wear.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 116 of 157 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 16, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

emdeesee wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Get your Portable ID!

Absolutely not. Girls are much better at being guys than guys are at being girls. It has a lot to do with conversation patterns and flow. The majority of males do not have the same sense of timing that women have in conversation. Women are, simply, better conversationalists than men, and engage more in what's being said.

Women also tend to have tasteful male avatars, and there are guys out there with actual fashion sense. If every woman walked around dressed as Fabio, that would be a giveaway, but women don't do that. A lot of guys who pilot females can be spotted by the blonde hair, outrageous body dimensions and mismatched skimpy clothing that their avatars wear.

Get your Portable ID!

So you are saying gentlemen prefer blondes or being blondes LoL

Anyway I think your wrong in your assumption,,, most deceivers like to wear the big black pony tail, that seems to be the trend this month.

Message 117 of 157 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Feb 16, 2011

HearItWow wrote:

emdeesee wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Get your Portable ID!

Get your Portable ID!

And what pray tell are these outrageous body dimensions you're talking about? Can you give me a couple of examples?

Message 118 of 157 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Feb 16, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

emdeesee wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

Get your Portable ID!

Get your Portable ID!

And what pray tell are these outrageous body dimensions you're talking about? Can you give me a couple of examples?

Theres gold in them thar hills

Message 119 of 157 (38 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Feb 16, 2011

No different than real life. Don't ever go outside then...you'd be horribly offended. Look to your own salvation...in other words, if it don't affect you or involve you, why is this important to you? Happy is he who ignores what he can not change.

I'm offended that people get offended about stuff that is totally NONE of thier business. How's that shoe fit?

My .02¢

Message 120 of 157 (38 Views)
0 Likes