Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: WHEELCHAIRS!!!!!!!!

May 31, 2013

''The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is the character of the individual walking the path.''

Ability to walk or not, This is truth.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 21 of 124 (298 Views)
Fender Bender
3362 posts

May 31, 2013

*****************This topic has been cleaned up...I am asking that you all please keep on topic and be positive and kind*****

Message 22 of 124 (285 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

It's only offensive if you make it seem offensive.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/3/1623319//pspgosigblk.png
Photobucket
Message 23 of 124 (280 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 31, 2013

It is a personal opinion from me as well. You can see it as oppressive or as a tool that helps people when they need it. In virtual space it can be a way to start up a conversation about a injury. it can be used for Machinima. It can be and is a LMO. Not offensive in my view.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 24 of 124 (274 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

jersquall i have read your post and am happy those chairs somehow bring you joy .. but dont belittle my opinion by trying to insinuate that because i don't think like you it makes me less of a person .. just like the ppl we see begging on the street and ignore than go home .. just because you choose your path does not mean the path of another don't exsist with its own challenges and merits .. what you choose to see as a tool or whatever others may see as a curse or as described by uncle sam .. a disability .. and as such i politely asked home to remove them because i rather find it offensive that they offered them up as basically a toy .. it cheapens what ppl in them deal with .. like i said before you have your path i have mine .. i didn't post anything belittle you .. show the same respect

Message 25 of 124 (254 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

May 31, 2013
I like how this thread has been moved to exactly where I suggested you go in the first place.

A winner is me.
Message 26 of 124 (240 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

it got moved by moderates .. don't take credit for something you had nothing to do with

Message 27 of 124 (236 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

May 31, 2013
I reported it to them, and they put it exactly where I suggested you put it in the first place.
Message 28 of 124 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

while your at it take credit for the 19th ammendment .. you had nothing to do with it .. a moderator spoke to me via my account telling me that because i reported a mvp on the thread they looked into it cleaned it up and moved it .. as you see by the moderator post not a mvp .. again nothing to do with you

Message 29 of 124 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3895 posts

May 31, 2013

SRDRACCO stated:

being permanently disabled and in a chair for the rest of my life let me assure you it is not fun .. what idiot thought that turning a disability into an item to ride around in for amusement was a good thing? plz sony just out of simple common sense dont think about revenue and take the chairs out of store. to some ppl it is not only offensive but a needless reminder of something that we try hard to deal with

:^/ With all due respect, sir, you do not speak for eveyone in wheelchairs any more than you speak for everyone your age, everyone your sex, everyone your race, everyone your height, everyone your weight, everyone your profession, everyone your religion, or even everyone in your family. Just because you possess an attribute or characteristic doesn't mean that everyone who shares that attribute or characteristic agrees with you.

I live in a big city. Over my many decades here, I've met countless people in wheelchairs. They come in all ages, shapes, sizes, colors, religions, heights, weights, educations, etc. And all personalities. Some are sour, letting their chairs define them. Others are cheerful, brightening the days of those around them despite the added challenges they face. The question to you, sir, is which road you will take when taking on the challenge before you? That's a choice you must make by yourself, for yourself, and on your own responsibility.

I feel a bit sorry for you, but less for you being in a chair, and more for you letting it stop you. Letting it define you. I invite you not to do that.

From your posts on this message board, I see that you can still use your hands, and your mind. You could become an author, if you chose. Or an inventor. Or a painter. Or a musician. You still have a world of opportunities ahead of you.

Don't give in to self pity.

Message 30 of 124 (192 Views)