Message 11 of 124 (277 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: WHEELCHAIRS!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

SRDRACCO wrote:

i dont need to read anything .. this is how i feel and unless your also in a chair what right have you to 2nd guess .. roll in my place for 24hrs then you get tiny idea

Oh dear, this kind of comment is, well just silly, you are deciding to block out & ignore the comments & views of others because of what appears to be your own narrow-minded views, I urge you to take some time to read the Thread, then at least after having done so you'll be more able to come back here & explain why it is you feel the way you do, something you have so far failed to do.

If you choose not to so be it, but if you don't there's little more I can add to your comments so far.

Also, EVERYONE has an opinion, be they in your situation or not, again you are choosing to block out & ignore others views for what appears to be no reason at all.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 12 of 124 (269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

why should i care about others opinion on a subject that unless they experience it know nothing on the subject but at best 2nd hand information

Message 13 of 124 (263 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

you know what .. you want an explanation here .. i lost my mobility defending MY rights .. MY FAMILY rights .. and yes even youre rights to .. with that isay .. i have as much right to voice my opinion as anyone else .. and if i dont agrree i dont call it silly or them closed minded because it is their RIGHT to have that opinion .. but as you can see i will say if i think it is relevant to the subject at hand .. and just because my opinion my be unpopular .. dont make it silly or even wrong ..

Message 14 of 124 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 31, 2013

SRDRACCO wrote:

why should i care about others opinion on a subject that unless they experience it know nothing on the subject but at best 2nd hand information

Since you need 1st hand experiences I will provide it to you (as you clearly didn't read the thread someone pointed out to you). The following is and exact copy and paste of the thread my pal BRIT-KO wanted you to see:

My stroll through Home

Everyone here has a story.

Years ago on a  mid- June morning I awoke to a phone call from my then girl friend asking me to go swimming while she babysat at her uncles house. it was a Hot day in the San Joaquin valley so I gathered my things and called my friend to go with and we went. We were young and crazy and before thinking it through decided to jump off the roof of the house into the pool.

I remember being up there and the dive and the next..  I felt a pain like electricty throughout my body. I was dazed and could only see kids splashing but I could not move. couldn't talk. couldn't breath. last thing I remembered was slowly sinking.. Rolling over to see the sparkling ripples on the surface of the water. fade to black.

I awoke 3 days later where I was in traction in the hospital.   I was told I had a partial cut of the spinal cord C-5,6 on the base of the neck. I was a Quadriplegic. They flew me to one of the best Spinal Cord Injury hospitals in California. Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. After 5 months of Occupational/Physical rehab I was released.

Video Games are just that. games. Not being able to move your fingers in a live or die virtual game situation sure puts things in perspective. But nothing was going to stop me. Thank you Sony, PS3!  I love games. I might suck at some but I still play.

When I heard about PlayStation Home while the_original_se and myself were still at GameShark I knew where I was going to spend much of my day and nights. I just didn't know at the time how many, lol?

"I can walk in Home'' was my message thread to those here who were my friends and a testimony to others who had disibilities to the awesomness of PlayStation Home.  I was apart of a very famous club early Home open beta called the Nameless Ones (N1's), Later co- created GamerIndepth with Narde15 and later  Co-created HomeInformer with Sophronia. I was the Podcast editor on our weekly podcast with Gamerindepth and later HomeStation mag. But my love was being the first HCV (Home Community Volunteer) As I had a hand in shaping the program from day one until I retired three plus years later.

I started helping others here in the Home forums coming up on 5 years ago come this August. Through it all I could Walk in the virtual world called Home. (My Home)

This week we saw the release of the Virtual WheelChair in Home. I am happy to say this this brings me full circle. As tears flow .. I think it's pretty **bleep** cool.

Now that you know my stroll through Home, enjoy my stroll through the park. it's been a great ride.

^That is a first hand account of someone in a similar situation as you. For good measure should you like to read the thread in it's entirty here is the link again. Just click it: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/My-stroll-through-Home/m-p/40433775#M1235453

I had a polite discussion with you the other day if you remember?  About where you issues with home should go. johngie was also a part of that conversation and even though he can be a tad brash at times he is often correct.  When you have an issue with home you should be posting it in the HOME section which I have directed you to accordingly before.  DO NOT go to home then go to off-topic. Off-topic is an entirely different section of the forum having nothing to do with HOME.

You know how you made this thread here? Do that in HOME before going to off topic. I know you are relatively new to this and it can be daunting if you are not familiar with this forum or fourms in general. I was slightly confused when I started.

I have been patient with you. You have been provided everything you asked for and the correct direction to go in to place your issues. Not by just me but ohters as well. If you choose to ignore the information provided to you there isn't much else we can do to help.

On a personal note. Your opinion is always valid here (some may try to make you think it is not) but discrediting other opinions just because they may not be in the exact same shoes in counter productive and only spurns a fight.  I get where you are coming from and make sure you place your opinion in the correct areas to get your point across. I personally don't feel wheelchairs are offensive and neither does the person that made that amazing thread above! He is just like you my friend.

Take this for what you will. I do hope you have a little more understanding of where to go now and found some 1st hand input from someone like yourself that you can respect. Have a great day!

Message 15 of 124 (248 Views)
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013
GOW i did read the thread .. it dont change how i feel on the subject .. i will concede that his opinion matters MUCH more on this subject than anyone else .. but still .. just his opinion .. and do you mean under GENERAL? i dont see a HOME forum
Message 16 of 124 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

May 31, 2013

The home section is under games (I know a little misplaced) it is labeled PlayStation Home.

Here is the link for you: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/bd-p/22046

When you pull down your "Go To" Menu go under games and scroll down to PlayStation Home.  Also when you log onto the forums there is a great big HOME icon (blue with a house) that you can click on that will bring you right to it.

Message 17 of 124 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

nope not worthy of the effort

Message 18 of 124 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

May 31, 2013

GOW .. found it .. i think / hope .. if not i sure someone will let me know .. lol

Message 19 of 124 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
May 31, 2013

You can always ask me if you have any questions about navigating the forum.  Just send me a private message. You can do that by clicking on my name which will bring you to my profile and then you can click the link that says "send this user a private message."  I'll do what I can to help Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 124 (222 Views)