Jan 04 2014
By: DarthGranny Wastelander 195 posts

WHAT "Code of Silence"?

121 replies 1015 views Edited Jan 4, 2014

over this past week, I have been 'cloned' by hackers, been trolled by 'giants', and have been threatened with having my account destroyed.  These same people told me not to 'break their Code of Silence' by asking them what they mean when they brag about what they are doing with the DNS and how easy it is to hack people with it and how they are stealing everything in sight and 'cloning' people, etc.

Someone in here must know what in the he(( is going on and what we do about it. 

I did manage to make videos of several of these confrontations (I have a screen capture PVR/Hauppauge system so my videos show everything INCLUDING the chat logs with every thing they said there in text) but have no idea WHERE to send this evidence or if anyone at Sony will even do anything about it.  Maybe I should just put them up on YouTube with links so that you will know to RUN whenever you see one or more of these avatars in the same public space as you.

Message 1 of 122 (1,015 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Re: WHAT "Code of Silence"?

Jan 4, 2014

I would say send it to the mods on here. Inform them of it and if you keep geting threatened id forward it to mercuryvalentine.

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 2 of 122 (1,008 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

There used to be a site to do it through on the US and EU domains.
Looks like the NA one is gone at any rate, and doing it via EU will not fall under their jurisdiction. My only advice would be to contact a Digital Platforms Manager or appealing to developers about the problem as it is their spaces that are often used for the exploits. In other words I'm suggesting you go to someone with influence and that it directly affects rather than a specific title. Moderators for the forum AFAIK are strictly for the forum and little good will be done reporting in-game.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 3 of 122 (995 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Ed ive had probs before where I had to report someone who directly threatened those things to me and had to report through the forum mods due to the report system booting me in home. Yes reporting users does work that way Ed.

TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 4 of 122 (976 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 4, 2014

I was told by Tempest_Fire to report such matters to Trawnza.

Message 5 of 122 (963 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

Jan 4, 2014

When I got kidnapped a couple weeks ago, I sent T_F a report.  He said to send it to Trawnza or Joystick_Warrior.  You could try them. And that Code of Silence thing, I think that's part of the Sony employee contract on how to treat customers, not a hacker thing.  Smiley Indifferent  Dean

Posted Image
Message 6 of 122 (952 Views)
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

The "Code of Silence" is basically their way of not telling just anyone how to do these hacks, especially since a specific website actually charges subscribers to pay for the "full" information of these DNS hacks. For some this is more than just harmless fun at Sony and all the Home community's expense seeing that they are profitting off of this.

Regardless of what others say to try and justify why they do it or the legality of it, one thing is certain here. It's become a problem and has to be addressed. Also if in fact there are as some have said that MVPs and Guides are among those that are involved then they should be forced to withdraw from the program immediately.

When I had my introduction into the Home Team it was made VERY CLEAR that anything like ISE, Mall Hacks, etc would not be allowed by guides and those were insructions coming directly from the Home Community Manager. So that means it's not acceptable behavior for anyone including and especially those of us that represent the go between with Sony and the community.

Now for the Home Community, it's obvious that impersonating another user or an SCE official are not acceptable seeing that they are listed as reportable offenses. So once again the proof is there that what these people are doing is NOT ok by any means. So do your part to avoid confrontations and report these violators and go about your business.

The only thing I ask now is that Sony step up and back their TOS and especially those of us that are proper supporters of Home by dropping the hammer down on those that continue to circumvent the rules for their own amusement and not in the matter set forth by the developers and creators of Home. And yes just as I am questioning the hackers integrity to cheat, I am also questioning Sony's integrity to enforce it's by-laws.

Most of the Community are honest and loyal supporters and we just want to see Sony be more open in response to our concerns and issues and not keep us in the dark about things. Yes I do know that some things have to be kept quiet for security reasons and such but no action does nothing to reassure all of us that this won't be tolerated. Even just a formal statement would go a long way in preventing this invasion of hacks to continue.

Message 7 of 122 (938 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 4, 2014

DarthGranny wrote:

over this past week, I have been 'cloned' by hackers, been trolled by 'giants', and have been threatened with having my account destroyed.  These same people told me not to 'break their Code of Silence' by asking them what they mean when they brag about what they are doing with the DNS and how easy it is to hack people with it and how they are stealing everything in sight and 'cloning' people, etc.

Someone in here must know what in the he(( is going on and what we do about it. 

I did manage to make videos of several of these confrontations (I have a screen capture PVR/Hauppauge system so my videos show everything INCLUDING the chat logs with every thing they said there in text) but have no idea WHERE to send this evidence or if anyone at Sony will even do anything about it.  Maybe I should just put them up on YouTube with links so that you will know to RUN whenever you see one or more of these avatars in the same public space as you.

just report ignore & Block and move to a different server. as for the cloning thats why u should clone ur own accounts i've cloned mine & my girfriend account and i have control over all of them

Message 8 of 122 (924 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jan 4, 2014

If anyone actually used the term "code of silence" for a public lan ip that's been given out by the hosts themselves, I would laugh so hard. Just ignore them, they're idiots who are simply mooching off a website who stole the sdat to begin with, then in order to attract more clientele, released it for free to make others think they're special and 2leet4u. 

Nobody can take your account. It's nothing but a simple exploit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 122 (897 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
446 posts

Jan 4, 2014

The only thing I ask now is that Sony step up and back their TOS and especially those of us that are proper supporters of Home and drop the hammer down on those that continue to circumvent the rules for their own amusement and not in the matter set forth by the developers and creators of Home. And yes just as I am questioning the hackers integrity to cheat, I am also questioning Sony's integrity to inforce it's by-laws.

Most of the Community are honest and loyal supporters and we just want to see Sony be more open in response to our concerns and issues and not keep us in the dark about things. 

^ this   

bob-maul wrote:
It was like me trying to prove Half Life 3's existence by finding three bananas in my fruit bowl.
Message 10 of 122 (896 Views)