Survivor
1870 posts

Re: WE need to put a stop to this madness

Jul 13, 2010

the_original_se wrote:

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

halo_nothing wrote:

Maybe you should being choosing another screen name and/or avatar then?

Maybe she can have whatever screen name or avatar she wants.

but nothing will stop the rude people on Home from saying things other than changing their avatar or getting a new PSN name.

You are absolutely right, nothing will stop some people from saying dumb things. I'm afraid changing her avatar will not stop them either though

edit; I meant to say changing her screen name.

Message 11 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

halo_nothing wrote:

Boomer_3_14_15_9 wrote:

halo_nothing wrote:

Maybe you should being choosing another screen name and/or avatar then?

Maybe she can have whatever screen name or avatar she wants.

You're right, they can have whatever SN or avatar they want. But if they are annoyed by the fact enough to start a thread about it maybe what I mentioned could be an option for them.

I'm sorry halo, it's just that when I read your first response I got the sense that you were being a wiseguy. If you were truely trying to help then I apologise for my harshness.

No worries. Unless a thread poster is deliberately trying to make me or other users angry you'll normally see me attempting to help where I can. We forumers are generally good people.

Message 12 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Madness? ......THIS! IS! PLAYSTATION HOME!!!!!!!!! *Kicks your avatar into Central Plaza fountain*

Message 13 of 75 (13 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Lets play the name game yay,,,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah unfortunitly people will harass you regardless. Default nubs will make fun of you for anything that is deemed uncool or whatever. In the year I've spent on PS Home i've been made fun of for my avitar being white, having glasses, wearing the cat suit, playing poorly in a game, and finally dressing up in a speedo, a muscle torso, and the Panda helmet from Wipeout. My only real advice is that if they start using foul language towards you or anything that can be counted as harrassment then you can just report them Smiley Tongue.

Message 15 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Tomass2010 wrote:

My only real advice is that if they start using foul language towards you or anything that can be counted as harrassment then you can just report them Smiley Tongue.

Yeap

Message 16 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Jul 13, 2010

boy13gamer wrote:

Okay tonight while playing home from 7-830 pm est i was bombarded with idiotic comments  about my name and how im a girl and i was like back off something needs to be done about this cuz i dont like having to  explain myself each time i sign on

Hi The highlighted statement caught my attention. I have to say first and foremost, don't feel like you HAVE to explain yourself to people. That's like someone arguing with you on whether you really like this or that band, or whether you are an actual girl or guy. You know the truth. If you say the truth, then why in the world should you have to prove things as fickle and honestly of little concern to others as your PSN Name, or likes/dislikes/etc.

That being said, I know what you mean about people saying things about your PSN Name I get it a lot also!

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 17 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Jul 13, 2010

Reverend_M wrote:

boy13gamer wrote:

Okay tonight while playing home from 7-830 pm est i was bombarded with idiotic comments  about my name and how im a girl and i was like back off something needs to be done about this cuz i dont like having to  explain myself each time i sign on

Hi The highlighted statement caught my attention. I have to say first and foremost, don't feel like you HAVE to explain yourself to people. That's like someone arguing with you on whether you really like this or that band, or whether you are an actual girl or guy. You know the truth. If you say the truth, then why in the world should you have to prove things as fickle and honestly of little concern to others as your PSN Name, or likes/dislikes/etc.

That being said, I know what you mean about people saying things about your PSN Name I get it a lot also!

yeah...after all...reverend is such a controversial name...lol....well....it is!!!

Message 18 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Jul 13, 2010

boogysplit wrote:

Reverend_M wrote:

boy13gamer wrote:

yeah...after all...reverend is such a controversial name...lol....well....it is!!!

Well you know me, a big troublemaker! I do tend to step on people's toes too! (Literally, that's why some opt to wear steel toed boots around me!)

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 19 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1259 posts

Jul 13, 2010

heeeeey!!!!  I wear steel toes....got somethin' to say!? lol