Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

I received the request to reaccept the terms last evening and again this morning. Just how long should I have to wait in your estimation before trying Home again Lunar? I thought 12 hours was long enough....please advise.


Or for that matter how long do we have to wait for our community manager to FINALLY take all these issues seriously instead of claiming they are, and I quote, "little issues that are bubbling up and affecting a few folks"... and that there are "No broken issues that pertain to Home 1.75 itself"  and not a word about these issues since... *sigh*

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 35 (168 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

myalana wrote:

I received the request to reaccept the terms last evening and again this morning. Just how long should I have to wait in your estimation before trying Home again Lunar? I thought 12 hours was long enough....please advise.


No need to be hostile. I'm saying, sometimes the error isn't as grave as it appears to be. The case can simply be the server hosting the files isn't responding or fully booted up after a server crash. If you're still receiving it then probably is a much bigger issue and you won't have a choice but to do so. I wasn't saying it was always the solution, I'm saying it's a good to retry a few times to be sure.

 


I was just asking for your expert opinion as you seem to have had nothing but positive experiences with this update. Will you please provide me with assistance again in the future should I have a problem? It doesn't seem as though anyone else has answers. Thank you for providing this valuable service to the community.

Message 22 of 35 (166 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

Because the wardrobe being a mess is a positive experience.

Message 23 of 35 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Because the wardrobe being a mess is a positive experience.


If you say so. i thought it was cumbersome myself.

Message 24 of 35 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4521 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Because the wardrobe being a mess is a positive experience.


If you say so. i thought it was cumbersome myself.


As bad as the wardrobe re-shuffling is, it's nothing compared to the total mess it created in my Ornament folders!  It makes decorating spaces these days take forever just trying to find Ornament items.  Had they long ago broken that folder up into more subcategories, and at the VERY least added 2nd storage folders, even with this re-shuffling issue, it would not be such a painful experience trying to find items.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 25 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/16/2000
Offline
16264 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

If anyone was in any doubt or considering deleting their Home files as they were no longer required as everything is now on the Sony servers, I highly suggest you leave them where they are. I had a disconnection error and when I tried to sign back into Home it made me upload all my files again. I tried the normal things, but couldnt avoid uploading them again.

 

Because I kept them, all my apartments were as previous (apart from the changes I made since the 1.75 update), and so were my avatar settings. I thought the damage was going to be quite significant, but I actually benefited slightly out of this as well, so I was very lucky it wasnt all bad, but I would hate for anyone to unecessarily lose alot of hard work that they may have put in decorating.

 

For ingame things, like tropical points, Edo points etc, this is what happened to me...

 

Tropical Points - All reverted back to pre 1.75 settings (I lost 2000 points that I had accumulated since the update)

 

Demon Points - Mine were NOT lost (I was very relieved. I've been battling with a sword all this time trying to get the bikini and am almost there and thought I was about to lose all my points)

 

Soul Points - All lost and reverted back to pre 1.75 update (not too concerned, cant doing anything with them just yet)

 

Ryo - All lost and reverted back to pre 1.75 update (this fell in my favor, I had just under 9,700 as saving for the 9,900 teapot, bought that and other things and had about 1,000 left. Thanks to the disconnect I'm back up yo 9,700).

 

PeakVox Labs - Much to my suprise all my ingredients, and ones I had cooking, were still there.

 

All bought and won items were not lost.

 

 

As you can see, I lucked out quite a lot, and it could have been far worse, but I was pleased I hadnt deleted any Home files so mainly all my decor in my apartments was not lost (fortunately the changes I had made were minimal). It does concern me thought that this will happen again, and further down the road when many of us have made more changes, and decorated new apartments, we will very likely lose all of our work.

 

The moral of the story though, for anyone in doubt about keeping the files, please dont delete them. If it happened to me, it could happen to you.

 

 


yes its lucky you kept them, but it may have been better if you shut off home before reuploading the files, and maybe waited a while to try again to see if the message went away. since home is no longer writing to those files, as time goes by they will become more dated, but at least they are a starting point for a backup.


Message 26 of 35 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

harley7 wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

If anyone was in any doubt or considering deleting their Home files as they were no longer required as everything is now on the Sony servers, I highly suggest you leave them where they are. I had a disconnection error and when I tried to sign back into Home it made me upload all my files again. I tried the normal things, but couldnt avoid uploading them again.

 

Because I kept them, all my apartments were as previous (apart from the changes I made since the 1.75 update), and so were my avatar settings. I thought the damage was going to be quite significant, but I actually benefited slightly out of this as well, so I was very lucky it wasnt all bad, but I would hate for anyone to unecessarily lose alot of hard work that they may have put in decorating.

 

For ingame things, like tropical points, Edo points etc, this is what happened to me...

 

Tropical Points - All reverted back to pre 1.75 settings (I lost 2000 points that I had accumulated since the update)

 

Demon Points - Mine were NOT lost (I was very relieved. I've been battling with a sword all this time trying to get the bikini and am almost there and thought I was about to lose all my points)

 

Soul Points - All lost and reverted back to pre 1.75 update (not too concerned, cant doing anything with them just yet)

 

Ryo - All lost and reverted back to pre 1.75 update (this fell in my favor, I had just under 9,700 as saving for the 9,900 teapot, bought that and other things and had about 1,000 left. Thanks to the disconnect I'm back up yo 9,700).

 

PeakVox Labs - Much to my suprise all my ingredients, and ones I had cooking, were still there.

 

All bought and won items were not lost.

 

 

As you can see, I lucked out quite a lot, and it could have been far worse, but I was pleased I hadnt deleted any Home files so mainly all my decor in my apartments was not lost (fortunately the changes I had made were minimal). It does concern me thought that this will happen again, and further down the road when many of us have made more changes, and decorated new apartments, we will very likely lose all of our work.

 

The moral of the story though, for anyone in doubt about keeping the files, please dont delete them. If it happened to me, it could happen to you.

 

 


yes its lucky you kept them, but it may have been better if you shut off home before reuploading the files, and maybe waited a while to try again to see if the message went away. since home is no longer writing to those files, as time goes by they will become more dated, but at least they are a starting point for a backup.


I tried that myself. The message didnt go away and 12 hours later I went through the exact same process. Where's our official statement on this and other issues since this update?

Message 27 of 35 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/23/2012
Offline
5870 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Because the wardrobe being a mess is a positive experience.


How is it that wardrobe being a mess is a positive experience? o0

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 35 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/16/2000
Offline
16264 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

I tried that myself. The message didnt go away and 12 hours later I went through the exact same process. Where's our official statement on this and other issues since this update?


sorny aint big onto official statements about errors or issues. hopefully its being reported and scee can investigate and see what is the issue.


Message 29 of 35 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/28/2009
Offline
5016 posts
 

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

Well most have updated to 1.75 and all saves got transferred to online so Really after that u shouldn't need Data on ur HDD... But we also know that 1.75 is Buggy... And there might be a 10% chance that something will go wrong with the online backups... And u may be asked to redo 1.75 all over again.

 

So if u have them on ur HDD or better yet saved to USB's like i had to begin with... You never know if ur one of the 10% that is gonna need those again.

 

So a word to the wise... At least have ur stuff backed-up for now in case u get that error to do it all over again u might be one of the 10% that will need the backups...

 

 

All i know right now is Wardrobe is messed up,,, Saving stuff to Favorites like our Companions area is also messed up... Wardrobe and companion area's need TOP Fixings ASAP!

 

We should see a new Update Quick i Hope to Fix these Problems and other problems people have found or know of.   Will that patch be 1.76 or would it goto 1.80?  We'll see if they ever patch this!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 30 of 35 (87 Views)
0 Likes