Fender Bender
2781 posts

Re: WARNING - do NOT delete your Home files.

Feb 23, 2013

Kid_Fleetfoot wrote:

Mine are backed up also on a flash drive. I hope I'm wrong in assuming you lost your new items which you bought since the update to the cloud? Or can you get them back?  

Its okay, all my bought items and rewards were not effected, I still have them all.

Sparks would have flown if I'd lost my Granzella Valentines bikini, but I found it stored safely in my (chaotic) wardrobe.

Message 11 of 35 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Thank goodness for flash drives.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 35 (170 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

If you get that message then a file didn't read properly on the home server. You should not accept it and instead retry until you don't get it.

I get that you've seemingly had no issues....no need to diminish the problems that others have had however. Not everyone has been created equal as far as this update has been concerned.

Message 13 of 35 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

If you get that message then a file didn't read properly on the home server. You should not accept it and instead retry until you don't get it.

I get that you've seemingly had no issues....no need to diminish the problems that others have had however. Not everyone has been created equal as far as this update has been concerned.

That's not what I meant. This morning specifically, the server had issues. Was giving random errors and people couldn't get on.
In the event it does ask for you to reupload your files. You shouldn't accept and instead wait for the server to become more stable. I've been asked to do mine again before and I cancelled, tried again and it worked without reasking me.

Message 14 of 35 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

That's not what I meant. This morning specifically, the server had issues. Was giving random errors and people couldn't get on.
In the event it does ask for you to reupload your files. You shouldn't accept and instead wait for the server to become more stable. I've been asked to do mine again before and I cancelled, tried again and it worked without reasking me.

The message you got, was it the same as when you first uploaded your files when installing the 1.75 update? And did you have to agreee to the Open Beta terms again?

I'm just want to clarify if what I recieved was the same as the one you had.

Message 15 of 35 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

The message you got, was it the same as when you first uploaded your files when installing the 1.75 update? And did you have to agreee to the Open Beta terms again?

Yes.

Message 16 of 35 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

I received the request to reaccept the terms last evening and again this morning. Just how long should I have to wait in your estimation before trying Home again Lunar? I thought 12 hours was long enough....please advise.

Message 17 of 35 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:

PeakVox Labs - Much to my suprise all my ingredients, and ones I had cooking, were still there.

peakvox transfered their save data from the script file to their server since Dec. so basically NA and EU didn't use it at all. And the peakvox data is stored seperate from the script file.

The stuff that still used the script file are: locoroco, hudson dolphin, most of Granzella, and GAW fishing in JP, so if for any case the file on the server gets corrupted or overwritten, these stuff will have an affect.

Message 18 of 35 (135 Views)
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Feb 23, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Yes.

hmmm, ok, ty.

Message 19 of 35 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

myalana wrote:

I received the request to reaccept the terms last evening and again this morning. Just how long should I have to wait in your estimation before trying Home again Lunar? I thought 12 hours was long enough....please advise.

No need to be hostile. I'm saying, sometimes the error isn't as grave as it appears to be. The case can simply be the server hosting the files isn't responding or fully booted up after a server crash. If you're still receiving it then probably is a much bigger issue and you won't have a choice but to do so. I wasn't saying it was always the solution, I'm saying it's a good to retry a few times to be sure.

Message 20 of 35 (125 Views)
0 Likes