Wastelander
638 posts

Re: WARDROBE WARS - FIX IT OR NIX IT

Oct 23, 2012

PipenAin wrote:

Personally, wardrobe wars is awesome and something that makes American home unique compared to EU/JP/HK versions of home.

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT PARTICIPATE.. asking for removal is just hater speach. You could easily avoid something you have no interest in, and at least youre geting access to rewards bi-weekly regardless of wining votes.

And theres a flaw to flooding the system with dozens of your pics, it means that your best pic out of the batch will be buried in the system.

But with that being said, theres one thing that would radically increase the quality of the game. WE NEED A SEARCH ENGINE TO FIND SPECIFIC FRIENDS TO VOTE FOR. Currently, its nearly impossible to vote on specific people or even yourself with alt accounts, unless you go really early in the morning, but there will probably be few of your friends on at that time unless you organize. But even if you do that, later on in the day your pics will be buried again making it unlikely to gain mass votes from random strangers.

But seriously, who cares if someone wins with a zoomed in shoe, or a "fam" style outfit on beach day. I have a philosphy that states "If you base your happiness on the activities of others, youll never be happy in life because theres always someone in the world to disaprove of"

While I would prefer improvements, i dont necessarily think they are mandatory. It simply makes the game that much more challenging!!

Grow up, wake up, and shut up.

Really?  So because everybody who isn't cheating and/or blissfully ignoring the themes is losing, we should all just shut up and either play or don't.  That's your solution?

I actually don't have anything more to say, other than please refer to my tagline.

-------------------------------------------------
No, no, NO!!! It's THINK first, THEN speak!
Message 11 of 17 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
909 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Wardrobe Wars is okay, but I'd like to have another shot at getting some of the participation rewards they gave out.  If they're going to repeat themselves by releasing the same basic clothes with different skins, they can definitely re-release the same exact outfits occasionally.

---signature---
Thanks to nDreams and the new Xi, my PS3 froze during Xi's download process and put me in a perpetual loop of file restorations every time I start up my PS3. I can no longer play Playstation Home or any of my PS3 games. 600+ dollars spent on Home content, down the ****ing drain. I'm done with Playstation Home, I'm done with Sony, and I'm done with this site, as my current PS3 situation no longer warrants my being here. Bye everyone.
Message 12 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Improve it.!
THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 13 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Oct 23, 2012
When Wardrobe Wars showed up almost a year ago, I thought I saw where it was going to be taken down after a year. If that is true, then it should be gone in like a month or two.
On a different note, this always struck me as something that would be better suited to be done more like hotornot.com. Much easier to cycle through, and since we already have deals set up to take you to urls, it would make more sense to do it that way. As stated numerous times, doing this within the Home environment is at best a tremendous lag fest.
Message 14 of 17 (98 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2012

It seems that the majority of the people here seem to agree with the OP on the topic....except for maybe one.

Asking people to turn a blind eye to the flaws in WW and the cheaters who abuse the system to win, is just LOW. The game was designed with a specific set of rules and people are expected to abide by them when participating in the competition. If you win with a zoomed in shoe or an outfit that does not fit the theme...something is wrong with that. And people SHOULD care that others are abusing the system to win rewards that they wouldnt otherwise be getting "normally."

I side with the OP and many others here. If this is the best WW has to offer and noone is gonna bother to update it, fix it or add any real incentive to participate in what is supposed to be a competition....then the entire thing needs to go.

Message 15 of 17 (84 Views)
Wastelander
638 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Kitteh_Buns wrote:

It seems that the majority of the people here seem to agree with the OP on the topic....except for maybe one.

Asking people to turn a blind eye to the flaws in WW and the cheaters who abuse the system to win, is just LOW. The game was designed with a specific set of rules and people are expected to abide by them when participating in the competition. If you win with a zoomed in shoe or an outfit that does not fit the theme...something is wrong with that. And people SHOULD care that others are abusing the system to win rewards that they wouldnt otherwise be getting "normally."

I side with the OP and many others here. If this is the best WW has to offer and noone is gonna bother to update it, fix it or add any real incentive to participate in what is supposed to be a competition....then the entire thing needs to go.

Amen, Kitteh.

Message 16 of 17 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Oct 24, 2012

AzureBonds wrote:
When Wardrobe Wars showed up almost a year ago, I thought I saw where it was going to be taken down after a year. If that is true, then it should be gone in like a month or two.
On a different note, this always struck me as something that would be better suited to be done more like hotornot.com. Much easier to cycle through, and since we already have deals set up to take you to urls, it would make more sense to do it that way. As stated numerous times, doing this within the Home environment is at best a tremendous lag fest.

Since people are already ignoring the rules and treating it like hotornot, I agree.  That would be a better place for it than the mall, which I now avoid like the plague.

Message 17 of 17 (47 Views)
0 Likes