Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
3203 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

Murderjetz wrote:

Hey guys....I've just been reading a bunch of this, trying to make a sense of it.  I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what this is all about....a virus? is someone trying to take down Home? I'm confused....

What's Xi? 


 

Hi Murderjetz, the Xi mystery started appearing as video clips and messages in our PDA's (under community, news and updates) about 4 weeks ago.

We have come to believe (at least some of us) that Sony and a partner have created an Alternative Reality Game (ARG) to herald a major update coming to come.

The information is appearing in BOTH North America and in Europe HOME - but at different intervals.

So far we have 12 videos, several PDA messages and some (suspect) pictures that have arrived via email to a very few people.

Last Thursday, in Home Square in Europe, the Xi symbol appeared in the place shown on the videos as well as a manhole at the other end of the square - neither of which are operational.

The 1st post in this thread can provide you a synopsis of what we have so far...but I can also suggest you look at http://www.ps3detectives.com for background material.

 

Welcome to the Mystery!

Message 530 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

x-champ-x wrote:

 

 

I saw it on the eu boards before I was gonna put them together


 

So now comes the biggest question. Where is the middle row or when is it coming? My thought in the first place was that if we even had a partial of the full pic we'd be able to find out what the whole scope is. The problem is that since the middle is missing there's no telling if maybe there's something in that area we need to be seeing...
Message 531 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
5451 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

Murderjetz wrote:

gigakain wrote:
Remember everyone preset 13 with the light purple pop up color (US) is the uniform for Xi participants at this point. If i'm wrong let me know.

I may be interested in joining also if I knew just what I was participating in.

I read most of the original post and it's just a bunch analyzing of seemingly random things without explaining what it's actually about. Could someone please explain? 


We don't know. We are following clues to solve a mystery. The latest is that the "Xi" symbol and a manhole cover have appeared in hOME sQUARE. Go to www.ps3detectives.com if you want to see even more info organized.

Message 532 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
3203 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

Amir29 wrote:

Murderjetz wrote:

gigakain wrote:
Remember everyone preset 13 with the light purple pop up color (US) is the uniform for Xi participants at this point. If i'm wrong let me know.

I may be interested in joining also if I knew just what I was participating in.

I read most of the original post and it's just a bunch analyzing of seemingly random things without explaining what it's actually about. Could someone please explain? 


We don't know. We are following clues to solve a mystery. The latest is that the "Xi" symbol and a manhole cover have appeared in hOME sQUARE. Go to www.ps3detectives.com if you want to see even more info organized.


 

Oh and dont worry...we are ALL confused, too!
Message 533 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/29/2006
Offline
1118 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009
That one image of the NA central plaza with the xi symbol is FAKE.

Proof here:

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fake.png
Message Edited by Bodom on 03-09-2009 05:41 PM
Message 534 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/03/2008
Offline
1572 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009
I'm still saying shes either holding something or theres something on her shirt if the jacket is open
Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 535 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

CrystalX3D wrote:

asoccer wrote:
I will hope for that it is not just a space that has nothing to do on it...

In all reality, I'm afraid you might be the closest to the truth.  Most ARGs usually have some sort of "prize" for completing the game.  Ocassionally they are physical items given to individuals, but they are usually something that benefits the entire community.  Sometimes when the ARG is really good, it's just the satisfaction of having completed the game.  In the case of this ARG, satisfaction can't possibly be the only incentive for playing, so I'm guessing the most likely prize is another Home space, and that this entire game is a stunt to build hype and anticipation for that space and for Home in general.


 

I'm not so sure this is the case though. It seems like what is involved isn't a single thing but rather a slew of things... It's been said that multiple things are up and coming, so it's possible that Xi deals with the release of multiple things rather than some with something big at the end. I only say this because of the fact that The RE5 space was added with a date that went with something in Xi. It's possible the rest of Xi deals with the same aspect.
Message 536 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/03/2009
Offline
3203 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

Bodom wrote:
That one image of the NA central plaza with the xi symbol is FAKE.

Proof here:

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fake.png
Message Edited by Bodom on 03-09-2009 05:41 PM

 

Nice find, Bodom. I might try that trick on the ripped images too!

/btw...how did you get the black skin for your Firefox? I can't find any way to change mine.

Message 537 of 6,844 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 01/29/2006
Offline
1118 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

cbeyond wrote:

Bodom wrote:
That one image of the NA central plaza with the xi symbol is FAKE.

Proof here:

http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fake.png
Message Edited by Bodom on 03-09-2009 05:41 PM

 

Nice find, Bodom. I might try that trick on the ripped images too!

/btw...how did you get the black skin for your Firefox? I can't find any way to change mine.




Thanks, and here you go: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7618
Message 538 of 6,844 (8 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2008
Offline
834 posts
 

Re: Vive La Resistance!!!

Mar 9, 2009

x-champ-x wrote:
I'm still saying shes either holding something or theres something on her shirt if the jacket is open

 

That' my thought as well. The middle area seems to be the largest plus an area that could/would contain a lot. Her hands and yes, the shirt would be in that area plus I wouldn't eliminate things on the bench/surrounding area.
Message 539 of 6,844 (8 Views)