Highlighted
Apr 05 2007
By: Chaos911 Treasure Hunter 6540 posts

Virtual PSP in-game for music, friends list's etc.

11 replies 4 views Edited Apr 5, 2007
I think it would be cool that when you're playing a game that you entered from Home, you could hit the ps button and the game would pause and the virtual psp would come up with the XMB features on it like music, the friends list and other XMB features. This way you could message people while in game without quitting and you could have custom music in games too! They could even incorporate cross-game voice chat.  And maybe even the web browser and other things features of the XMB.
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 1 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Re: Virtual PSP in-game for music, friends list's etc.

Apr 5, 2007
ya then it would own live for sure
ssdsct5
Thanks to WWE_JohnCenaLuvar for the sig
Message 2 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Apr 5, 2007
They did say, and on the demo currently in the PSN Store, it repeats it, that you can play music and movies in your Apartment for all your friends to hear and see. I would assme (though obviously I could be wrong) that since the Virtual PSP seems to control everything else (it's basically the menu system as near as I can tell), it would make sense that it would control those things as well.

Message 3 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 5, 2007
I'm not sure if being able to play music or videos while a game is paused would be possible, but we can hope...
This is about PS3 games like Motorstorm, right? Not arcade games in Home?

Message 4 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Apr 7, 2007

DigitalBackSpin wrote:
They did say, and on the demo currently in the PSN Store, it repeats it, that you can play music and movies in your Apartment for all your friends to hear and see. I would assme (though obviously I could be wrong) that since the Virtual PSP seems to control everything else (it's basically the menu system as near as I can tell), it would make sense that it would control those things as well.

i'm saying you should be able to that while in a game like resistance or motorstorm.

Message 5 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Apr 7, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:
I'm not sure if being able to play music or videos while a game is paused would be possible, but we can hope...

Not play it while the game is paused but while it's going. You'd chose the song you want from the psp while you're in a game like motorstorm and it keeps playing during the game.

Message 6 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 7, 2007

ZW wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

Not play it while the game is paused but while it's going. You'd chose the song you want from the psp while you're in a game like motorstorm and it keeps playing during the game.

Ooooh... that doesn't necessarily require the virtual PSP. The game developers can add a custom soundtrack to the game themselves.
Message 7 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Apr 8, 2007

Shnozzle wrote:

ZW wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

Ooooh... that doesn't necessarily require the virtual PSP. The game developers can add a custom soundtrack to the game themselves.

But they could just use the virtual psp as a way of utilizing all the features. And it would make all the games the same kinda like the xbox dashboard thing but it will look like a psp.

Message 8 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 8, 2007
cool idea
Ps3 owner
PsP owner
Ps2 owner
Ps1 owner

PS3 TAG-KILLERSPARTAN
curently working on :Metal Gear

Message 9 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 8, 2007

ZW wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

ZW wrote:

Shnozzle wrote:

But they could just use the virtual psp as a way of utilizing all the features. And it would make all the games the same kinda like the xbox dashboard thing but it will look like a psp.

Ok, I see your idea. Yeah, I guess it could work.
Sony should just incorporate an update which allows it

Message 10 of 12 (4 Views)
0 Likes