Feb 25 2013
By: ANNO-DOMlNl Sackboy 392 posts

Virtual Obesity

13 replies 539 views Edited Feb 25, 2013

Okay 2nd try at thread making so I'll clean up my words. Being large and in charge in home don't sit well with people I find. They think you're trolling or out to cause trouble if you use a bigger character or don't dress like Jersey Shore or rap video extras.

Are big or big boned people shunned on home. Do people honestly think the whole world is skinny or slim and is home full of brats egging on this body image we're being fed by MTV. Is it worse than RL or not what do you thinnnnk?

Message 1 of 14 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

Re: Virtual Obesity

Feb 25, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:

Okay 2nd try at thread making so I'll clean up my words. Being large and in charge in home don't sit well with people I find. They think you're trolling or out to cause trouble if you use a bigger character or don't dress like Jersey Shore or rap video extras.

Are big or big boned people shunned on home. Do people honestly think the whole world is skinny or slim and is home full of brats egging on this body image we're being fed by MTV. Is it worse than RL or not what do you thinnnnk?

hi op people on home  mostly jurge by how you act. if you have a big character in home and go around and say insults and start dancing people will think you are trolling and tying to get attention. Some question like wana date and your hot to start a conservation is not a good way to start a conservation on home. Dont use personal question to start a conservation on home. things to start a conservation is what games you play or talk about something in the news. if you start like that people will think might think your trolling. if you talk like you would in real life you be fine. just dont say stuff that you wouldnt say or do in real life and your be fine. Would anyone in real life dance on somebody off the bat now way. I hope this helps tc and have fun.

sincery

tech

Message 2 of 14 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 25, 2013
haha no I wouldn't bodypop no strangers IRL hmm ok thanks for the advice wanted to talk bout it as I got a big character and **bleep** chat's been awful slim
Message 3 of 14 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 25, 2013

It is a different view point in which you speak. In home you can be approached by skinny or chubby Home users. you can also be approached by the Worms from Men in black or Mech Warriors. In real life you get a real picture of who you meet (Most of the time) and people are going to judge you hopefully on who you are and not what you look like.   I would hope the same goes for those who meet us in Home.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 4 of 14 (471 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

Home breeds a narcissistic environment. When Home made the turn of moving away from a gaming social engine in 2009/2010, the focus became getting people to lay out loads of cash to improve their appearance, their private real estate, and their overall perceived status within Home. 

Message 5 of 14 (426 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34135 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

this is why i think Home needs, and should have always had, a "body build" option along with the hight and weight ones. a "build" feature would be nice, it could offer us a unique base model that we can then customize with the existing tools.

the current options in Home are to be skinny or comicaly fat; the human body isnt split into 2 shapes. Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 14 (408 Views)
Fender Bender
3407 posts

Feb 26, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

this is why i think Home needs, and should have always had, a "body build" option along with the hight and weight ones. a "build" feature would be nice, it could offer us a unique base model that we can then customize with the existing tools.

the current options in Home are to be skinny or comicaly fat; the human body isnt split into 2 shapes. Smiley Frustrated

Like you said, a better height and weight adjuster would be nice. Even though I am skinny in real life, most people have thier own unique body shape. Doesn't help either that you can look just like someone else, weightwise.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 7 of 14 (364 Views)
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Feb 26, 2013
I have a "larger" female toon that I get out sometimes when I'm bored. I go to to the Hub and it's not 2 mins before the insults start. But that is why I made the toon in the first place...to pick on the kids LOL. The "your fat" is usually answered by "you smell and live in your mom's basement". I don't know if its true, but do they know what body shape I am? I have fun with it. OH and I never start it...never have to. There are so many volunteers out there LOL
Message 8 of 14 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 26, 2013
MTV, is nothing but trash these days!!
Message 9 of 14 (247 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
190 posts

Feb 26, 2013

lolol omigosh!! obese-wan kanobese!!!