Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Virtual Ethnography (online communities)

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

There are a lot of nice people on Home. But there are also a lot of immature little brats who troll the public spaces. The same can be said for on here too. There's trolls on here who attack almost every thread and make their usual negative comments. Sometimes I wish I could have more mature replies to my posts. I wish more was done to ban or suspend these trolls. What's even more frustrating though is when you react to the troll comments, your the one who gets in trouble for it. I think these trolls also ban together to report people. So that's my opinion on Home. I have heard it was a much better place 2 years ago though. I wish I could have seen it back then.

bobs fed signature
Message 11 of 15 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 9, 2012
Cheers dude, ill do that.
Message 12 of 15 (88 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Oct 9, 2012

Good reply man, appreiate it. Yeah I really noticed that the ppl you meet on Home arent very courteous, 

Message 13 of 15 (86 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Re: Virtual Ethnography (online communities) SURVEY

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Good reply man, appreiate it. Yeah I really noticed that the ppl you meet on Home arent very courteous, however I have found the people on the forums to be allright, you for instance. As for the Trolls, totally agree, they can be very annoying. I think the best thing you can do is to ignore trolls, all they want is to stir up **bleep** for their own amusement. 
As for PS Home 2 yrs ago, yeah I thought it was alright but the new PS Home is much bigger, with much more to do, I think anyway. 

Anyway I have the questionaire ready and I hope that as many of you will fill it out for me. I dont think that the questions are too personal. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dEpaUFNtUVpVV25RZzlyQmMwSmU3RlE6...

When I tested the link I noticed that when I copied and pasted it into google it didnt work, if you have that problem paste it into very top search bar on your browser and it works fine. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 15 (80 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Virtual Ethnography (online communities) SURVEY

Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I do try to ignore them. But sometimes they figure out a way to press my buttons lol. But thanks for reading what I had to say and I hope I helped you out here with your ethnograghy. But you seem to be a pretty mature person yourself. Your good people. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 15 of 15 (60 Views)
0 Likes