Mar 26 2014
By: daylilynut First Son 27 posts

Verify purchases only first sign in after maintenance

30 replies 664 views Edited Mar 26, 2014

Takes too long and is unnecessary for Sony to create a system that has to verify our purchases each time we use PS Home. One a week should be enough for them to catch the individuals stealing virtual items instead of making valid purchases. Why must we all be delayed each time we sign into PS Home. Might be they should design with us in mind  also instead of just some hacker alone

Message 1 of 31 (664 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Re: Verify purchases only first sign in after maintenance

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

I posted this months ago under a thread for the older  system that didn't advise you the delay was for product verification

Sony needs to deal with the information that Home users my reduce there purchases because of the slow log on time and the absence of method to remove and donate unwanted items. My account includes about 3 dozen different personnel  spaces.   None can be put into storage or given back once I decide it is a useless location or personnel space. Sales are now held offering huge bundles of new items one included all the clothing offered during a summer's worth of offerings. There are many huge groups of items being offered by the vendersI also use more room for character identities because it's a plus account so I have 4 dozen different characters dressed. The hair needs a system update to better manage so many different styles many of which are unwanted. Storage of spaces is needed if that takes some download time for account sign in. Gift's of  unwanted items  should be allowed to the community and friends. Otherwise some change needs to be  developed  by a system of deep storage. The also could be a made through your transactions history. That would mean the items could only be put into home not just in a storage or added back when you were using account management .

Most recent post of other thread

You now see that it  is working on verifying purchased contentHowever it is now starting to become even slower. maybe because I have continued to make purchased for my account and my alternate accountWhy is it necessary for them to verify every time and not at a weekly or monthly process. Doesn't  someone understand that some purchases will be delayed or not made because it is already taking too long. The purchases themselves seem to have been made to go through the verification process even though we did it when we logged in. At  least my purchases are taking too long to return me from the storeThen there are the huge bundles being offered. We need a deep storage that removes items from the verification process and speeds the process. Also it would help us large purchasers of Playstation Home store items and recievers of the unwanted reward items to better manage a huge amount of unwanted items. Many of us might even want to put some of the personnel spaces in storage

Message 2 of 31 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5960 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

Somethings will always remain inherently slow no matter how hard you may want them not to be.

Home verification is unfortunately one of them.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 3 of 31 (608 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 26, 2014

daylilynut wrote:

One a week should be enough for them to catch the individuals stealing virtual items instead of making valid purchases. Why must we all be delayed each time we sign into PS Home. Might be they should design with us in mind  also instead of just some hacker alone

You think that's what the verifying purchases process is doing? If that was the case 75% of the forum probably would've lost their accounts by now.

Message 4 of 31 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5328 posts

Mar 26, 2014

They have to verify all PSHome puchases each time you log in, like each space you own so they can load them so you can go to them and use each items you may own. Not every body owns the same Home items Smiley Happy

Your 1st and ONLY 2-Time 2013 Digital Lesuire's Queen Of War!!~~

Never ask questions you don't wanna know da answers to!!~~

You don't have 2 love me,You don't even have 2 like me, But you WILL Respect me!!~~

Loved by few, Hated by many, Respected by All!!~~

The Fear of Death, is far greater then Death itself,
The Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of them all!!

The Undertaker!!~~
Message 5 of 31 (534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Yoy will note that I had other suggestions to speedup the verification process. One solid  fact must be deal with. Currently the only method available to stop further increases in sign on time is to discontinue making new purchases.  The more purchases we make the greater amount of data will require verification. The response that assums they are only getting the data that is stored could be correct, but give the option to not have you get everythingt that  is available to me. Most long time Playstation Home members have many rewards and even purchases we would never consider ever using again. Often the reward was provided and we were never even asked if we wanted it. People who make regular purchases for multiple accounts experence long sign in times. The also must be Playstation Home system changes that were made that have increased the time it takes for approval and downloading of purchases. Why it is 5 minutes or more faster to buy and download a little Big Planet Add on than for me to make a Playstation Home purchase.

Message 6 of 31 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 26, 2014

Player Inspect shows this process can be done much much faster than the normal mall purchases. Someone needs to fix it cause it's uber broken at the moment. Waiting 10 minutes or more for a verification is CRAZY.

Message 7 of 31 (446 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5960 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2014

It's unfortunate Player Inspect only works with equipable items and not with spaces and furniture.

Considering how long the verification process takes. It's to bad we couldn't put all our purchased items in the cart and not have to be restricted when we have multiple purchases when we change to a different store section.

Like when you go to the PSN store for games and stuff. Everything goes into the cart no matter what section your change to. One stop shopping.

It's bad enough going through verification once. Several times can be excruciating.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 8 of 31 (426 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2014

daylilynut wrote:

Takes too long and is unnecessary for Sony to create a system that has to verify our purchases each time we use PS Home. One a week should be enough for them to catch the individuals stealing virtual items instead of making valid purchases. Why must we all be delayed each time we sign into PS Home. Might be they should design with us in mind  also instead of just some hacker alone

"They have to verify all PSHome puchases each time you log in, like each space you own so they can load them so you can go to them and use each items you may own. Not every body owns the same Home items"

No they can design a system that allows them to store each set of verified data in a subfile and use that to load if that isa actually the reason for a verification process. No one at PS Home is telling anyone just why the verification process is needed and  I get tired of users guessing and claiming that they somehow know. Of course the worse problem is the people that accept t the sites shortcoming and expect everyone to also accept them. They even claim it will always be that way. No Nothing has ever been firm on any beta site and Playatation Home is still a beta format site that is constantly being updated. I've seen other posts and the best of those demand deep storage for surplus items so they can avoid the verification altogether. On the subject of purchase verification why is the wording on my purchasers  not reflective of only a verification of the new purchases

Message 9 of 31 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 19, 2014
Home didn't always verify purchases I know this because it didn't used to take forever to get on there . I rarely play home anymore but I have 100 something houses and a lot of other stuff . Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they're not going to fix it these storage issues .
Message 10 of 31 (321 Views)
0 Likes