Feb 12 2014
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13194 posts

Verified users icon in Home?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 611 views Edited Feb 12, 2014

what if the next PS Home client update would add Verified user icon for developers

perfect when it comes to dev accounts chating around? simular to the Mods' system but very limited. just show a icon on up of their usernames and thats it? look at the forums version they got it? why not Home?

Message 1 of 14 (611 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: Verified users icon in Home?

Feb 12, 2014
That sux! Why not just put a tag on our backs like Aurora!
SmokyBonz
Message 2 of 14 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3862 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

:^/ That's an interesting idea. How would the verification work legitimatly? And how long do you suppose it would take for the script kiddies to be able to counterfeit it? They can already pretend to be moderators and Home Guides, for example.

Message 3 of 14 (574 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 12, 2014
That^

Plus labeling people is the same way the whole nazi/jew thing got started. People do not need barcodes, numbers, or icon labels to help one another or become well known as a developer or mod whatever the case may be.

If they wanted to be recognized in home, most don't believe it or not, all they would have to do is stop using substitute accounts and start using the accounts that belong to the company.
Message 4 of 14 (538 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Feb 12, 2014
I see where Al is getting at but it's really not practical. The whole notion of the "verified user" in regards to social media applies mainly to high-profile, well-known people. It's an assurance that you were communicating on the site of the actual person (or their handler) and not some poser.

It's not possible to apply such a distinction to the general public, unless your only goal is to verify that there is indeed a living, breathing person using the account.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 14 (522 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 12, 2014
Yes labels so everybody can be on a power trip and try and think they are better than everyone else
Message 6 of 14 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

ok. for those who didn't get it - Developers should ONLY get verified icon...ONLY...ok. to make them official 3rd party Home devs to avoid confusing as if they are Sony staffs

Message 7 of 14 (517 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29228 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

Personally, I don't think it's necessary. It would only add more complications to programming for Home and add to the clutter we are subjected to view while in world.

I'd rather Developers work on compatibility, speed, security and content of Home rather than what would be no more that "vanity" icons for Homesters.

It's not that the idea is bad - it isn't- but it's just not needed at this time.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 14 (502 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6367 posts

Feb 12, 2014

I'm not a fan of labels. I have all mine turned off on Home. I wish I could turn off the Plus icon on my PSN ID as well.

I know I have the service I don't really see the need to let others know I have it as well.

We should always have the option to turn labels off if we must have them.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 9 of 14 (463 Views)
Fender Bender
3497 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

I'm not a fan of labels. I have all mine turned off on Home. I wish I could turn off the Plus icon on my PSN ID as well.

I know I have the service I don't really see the need to let others know I have it as well.

We should always have the option to turn labels off if we must have them.

You can turn that off actually lol here is how 

Options in the nav

Display

Lables

Show Playstation Plus Icon

BAM gone 

original.gif

Honestly it wasn't suggestive at all it was quite blatant!
Message 10 of 14 (392 Views)