Atom Republic Developer
39 posts

Re: Valentine Companions – Atom Republic

Feb 4, 2013

Tarazuma, what do you suggest to make them look better? Bear in mind the polygon and texture budgets are quite limited compared with the avatars, so it will be quite low poly with a small texture...

Message 41 of 50 (240 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Well if it's impossible to give them a good face due to technical limitations, I'd suggest covering their face somehow.

For example, a female belly dancer companion with a veil over her face (only showing eyes), and a masked debonair man, maybe like Zorro or Victorian style mask/clothes.

You could go for more of a fantasy line that way too, like "exotic dream date companions!"

Also make their body proportions a more normal, currently they both have huge shoulders which are disproportionate to the rest of their bodies.
Message 42 of 50 (229 Views)
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Feb 4, 2013

A creepy avatar stalking my every move? Too bad we already have these. 

They're called "pervy noobs".

Message 43 of 50 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
2969 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

Great suggestions and good thinking, Tarazuma!

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 44 of 50 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I can't believe so many people are tearing this idea down when only a few months ago people wer clammoring to get the porche, and hammy companions. I think they are cool, only a little creepy when they are clapping as they are running...that's just odd, but other than that cool. In support of the idea, I can see myself getting one. After all, how many other full sized companions are there?

Perish_Song
Message 45 of 50 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

AtomRepublic wrote:

Tarazuma, what do you suggest to make them look better? Bear in mind the polygon and texture budgets are quite limited compared with the avatars, so it will be quite low poly with a small texture...

If I can add in here too, I'd say you don't have to cover up the faces. But maybe give the male a leather jacket or something.

Message 46 of 50 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I liked how they kept clapping in the video.

YB

Message 47 of 50 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Feb 5, 2013

So if you have an imaginary friend in real life, as an adult, That could reveal your need for some physiological help.

What does it mean when you have an imaginary friend in Home?

Or is it a good ideal to have some else around in Home to blame incase something bad happens??.."Wasn't Me, it was my little friend here that called your mother fat!! "...

Why don't they come out with something useful like an intimidating Body Guard that blocks unwanted PM's

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 50 (136 Views)
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Feb 5, 2013

RockCandyGirl wrote:    

Why don't they come out with something useful like an intimidating Body Guard that blocks unwanted PM's

I would buy a Body Guard companion. That would be neat-o. 

Message 49 of 50 (126 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Feb 5, 2013
;^) Heh. Now when a troll asks a stranger to be his girlfriend, she can direct him to the store....
Message 50 of 50 (117 Views)
0 Likes