Highlighted
Mar 07 2010
By: HeatherShow Wastelander 584 posts

VG High Score: Glitch or Am I Awesome?

14 replies 2 views Edited Mar 7, 2010

My friend MrDiamond was kind enough to invite me over to his Villain's Lair tonight so I could play Village Griefer. I wanted to kill off enough villagers to earn that gorgeous diamond freebie (I'm a girl, what can say? I wanted that diamond!) I'd never played the game before, so I was nervous about taking a long time to get used to the controls, possibly taking so long that I'd waste poor Mr D's time.

Well. I didn't waste his time. But I did accidentally take over the top spot of his High Score board. After only playing the game five times.

Oops.

And I still have no clue how I did it exactly. Check it out.

Me with my insanely high Village Griefer score. Click to englarge.

Click here to enlarge image.

That's right, 3,172 kills. And the weirdest part was, that's not what the final score was when I was still in the game. I swear on my life, that when the game ended, it was over 5000. I don't know how it arrived at 3172, but still, pretty dang impressive, eh?

I still don't know exactly what I did. Literally, just before the volcano went off, I was disappointed in myself, because I'd only gotten 210 kills. Then the lava started flowing and literally, all hell broke loose. People and houses started racking up at insane speeds, ultimately totalling well over 5000. But I didn't get credit for that.

Not that I'm complaining, though!! I'm just left to wonder, was it a glitch, or am I just that freaking awesome? Hehe.

The only thing I can think of that I might have done to actually deserve this, is that I did have a huge number of villagers out in the open when the volano went off. I was hitting as many of those enticement thingies as I possibly could!

So, is it a glitch or am I totally freaking awesome? Hehe. I'd love to know either way, cause I'm sure the developers would like to know if there's a glitch in the game.

And of course, I'd like to know if I'm really totally freaking awesome!

What about you? What's your high score? And remember, pics or it didn't happen!

Huge thanks to Mr D for letting me borrow his villain's lair! Sorry again about taking away the top spot on your leaderboard... I didn't mean to!

I got my diamond, though! YAY, sparklies!!! :-D

By HeatherShow.com
Message 1 of 15 (2 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Re: VG High Score: Glitch or Am I Awesome?

Mar 7, 2010

Wow, what a score!  I played that game at mrdiamond's place too and barely got enough points to unlock the item, well done Heather!

Message 2 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Congrats Heather.

Message 3 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

Mar 7, 2010

!!!!!!!!!!!

My highest is like 897

Message 4 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
703 posts

Mar 7, 2010

So, does this make you the most evil in Home??

RockStar owes me AWP!!
Message 5 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28212 posts

Mar 7, 2010

If you are reporting a glitch, shouldn't this be posted in thePlayStation®Home Support forum? Or PlayStation Home, Us & You which seems to have become the official support thread of this forum?

I could be wrong, so please forgive me if I am. But that is where I would report technical errors. Unless, of course, you're not reporting. Sorry. I babble when I'm confused...

Of course you could be awesome, which makes this forum the right place to post.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Mar 7, 2010

It aint no Glitch girl , u rocked that joint - so congrats

The mission of People’s Home Initiative is to provide and support committed, confident and caring volunteers who through community relations, leadership and a standard of excellence help to achieve a more unified and productive voice for the Home community and to make Home a better more enjoyable experience for all.
Message 7 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1549 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Way t o go !!!!!!!I! I had that happen a while back. I started by lasering the people and huts on the lower left, Like you I used the volcano. What a total.  I would show a pic . But the camera would not work on the board. I just made it see thru .. Any way congrats

BannerFans.com
Message 8 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28212 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Congradulations on your high score. You are awesome!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Mar 7, 2010

Wow, you nailed it.

I see a future in the Evil Villain business for you.  I hope you are practicing your maniacal laugh.

Great job Heather!!

Message 10 of 15 (2 Views)
0 Likes