Mar 11 2007
By: Naustradamus Uncharted Territory 1489 posts

User created content ... power to the user?

3 replies 87 views Edited Mar 11, 2007
Sony has said that Home is there answer about user interaction, and user created content. Now sharing vids, modeling your own house and such does offer that ... only thing that stricks me is user controlled and defined servers. What I meen is Day of Defeat: Source. I'm just using that as an example cause, well, thats the game I play often on my PC Smiley Tongue

Many user servers now run online matches ... but not only that, but that can add mods, restictions, sound effects, etc. This in tern makes the server, not just a nother dod server, but a personal server with a unique twist (well ... ok. Maybe not all of them .. having the UT sounds in all servers doesn't make all of them that unique ^^;; )

Now, I'm not saying that a person can host there own location or such in the "Home" universe, but wouldn't it be nice if we had some sort of extra control over any of that? Doesn't need to be in a big way .. lets say, you've created your own rules for pool .. so you wana bring it into Home and play under those rules .. small things like that to start with.

I dunno .. Right now I can't think up any other examples ... but I hope I was able to get my point across. Anyone else have any ideas? Or should I ask a mod to delete yet another useless thread? lol Smiley Tongue

NOTE: I do know that this might be a little early on .. since Home isn't even out yet .. but man .. can't wait for it, and really want it to succeed. Its defenetly a new approach to interactivity .. not just with players, but online content.

Message 1 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Re: User created content ... power to the user?

Mar 11, 2007
 kind of alot said i totally agree with you .you should be able to shoot pool however you want   ! 

the options is what makes video games fun for me . changing the rules would extend game play !    
              i read blogs at ign saying some devs want to make a game ..where you can make your own video game from scratch ! they lay out all the tools
     and you create what ever game you feel like playing ...not a bad idea u think it out they make millions of dollars from it
Photobucket
Message 2 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 14, 2007
Sharing vids would take dayyysss to tranfser, unles you mean watch them from rooms, or do you mean file transfer?
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3750 posts

Mar 14, 2007

Delmarion wrote:
 kind of alot said i totally agree with you .you should be able to shoot pool however you want   ! 

the options is what makes video games fun for me . changing the rules would extend game play !    
              i read blogs at ign saying some devs want to make a game ..where you can make your own video game from scratch ! they lay out all the tools
     and you create what ever game you feel like playing ...not a bad idea u think it out they make millions of dollars from it

Ya wicked idea but most of us ( like me ) have no clue when it comes to game design thats why im taking a game design course in high school right now
I had a sig but it was a couple years old so I removed it.
Message 4 of 4 (87 Views)
0 Likes