Treasure Hunter
4509 posts

Re: Unwanted Furniture/Wardrobe items

May 22, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
How about they work on a 3rd layer of storage. For items that you will never use along w one for all the hair and spaces too. I have several styles I won't ever use along w spaces I will not go to.

Exactly.  They don't need to give us a delete option (and likely wont due to the problems that could lead to), but all they need to do is add a 2nd storage folder so that we can finally place items we really don't want or likely will ever use in a folder that doesn't have things we still use - as is the case right now.

However, this has been requested for the longest time, and no official rep from Sony's Home team has ever even bothered to respond, let alone add secondary storage folders.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 16 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

I would not expect this to happen with the current version of Home. But if there is another version planned to run on the PS4, perhaps some of these features would be included.

I'm not sure that having a delete option would cause any problems. There are other virtual communities out there where you can delete any item in your inventory any time you want. It gives you warning... "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" And then it puts it into your recycle bin where you can recover it if you want. You can then clear your recycle bin with the same warning, except that the items will then not be recoverable. You don't see many complaints about accidentally deleted items, because the service operator does not replace deleted items... ever.

Alternately, or inclusively I would like to see an option to accept or decline anything the game tries to give you. Like if I walk into an area and it tries to give me a ridiculous frog head reward, I get a pop up where I can click "No thank you".

Message 12 of 16 (103 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 22, 2013

I would like to give things away that I know I would never use again, but I  I have been known in other places to accidentally delete things I wanted to keep so a holding area of truly little used items would be nice. The " are you sure" option would not work that well with me, because I have been talking to people while cleaning up another game before, and deleted things. Or sometimes, the item I wanted to get rid of would freeze up and I would click it more than once, not realzing the next item in my list would go too

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 13 of 16 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2999 posts

May 22, 2013

If this came to pass, I see a future thread called "What is the most expensive item you accidentally deleted?".

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 14 of 16 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6039 posts

May 22, 2013

To bad we couldn't just send those unwanted items to the cloud services. We could send or retrieve items at our own leisure.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 15 of 16 (84 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
25 posts

May 22, 2013

Thanks for all the comments and replies...it was just a thought... but I do like the idea of a 3rd layer storage for all the  'what the *bleep* was i thinking when i bought this?' or "idk why i did that activity for a lame t-shirt reward" item storage..Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16 (70 Views)