Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Re: UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

Mermaid-KT wrote:
My help prompts don't come on every time I sign into Home.

I switched mine off when they first arrived and not seen them since, and hope it stays that way.

Mine don't either, but they do on a couple of alternates.

I also deleted and reinstalled Home and all was well at 1st (changes were saved and I didn't receive the message about items being moved to storage), but a few hours after doing so, I had the same wardrobe and furniture issues as before.

Message 201 of 239 (396 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 18, 2013

myalana wrote:

Mermaid-KT wrote:
My help prompts don't come on every time I sign into Home.

I switched mine off when they first arrived and not seen them since, and hope it stays that way.

Mine don't either, but they do on a couple of alternates.

I also deleted and reinstalled Home and all was well at 1st (changes were saved and I didn't receive the message about itmes being moved to storage), but a few hours after doing so, I had the same wardrobe and furniture issues as before.

Good to know. This is exactly what I experienced when removing and reinstalling Home the other day.

-Jinx <3

Message 202 of 239 (389 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Mo' Updates, Mo' Problems

Feb 18, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Give it time? Wait a month to express displeasure? Thats garbage and I'm sorry. So FOUR more updates from now and four more weeks of error laden update after error laden update. Wake up and smell the roses. Give it time to improve? Hows four years to fix some issues? Is that enough time to wait? Because some issues people have had for that long. Theres a time to be level headed but sorry this isnt one. The time to complain about this update is now and if you were someone who cared and you wouldnt detract from those expressing their dissatisfaction.

You call it expressing displeasure, I call it moaning and crying. Post all the problems you're having with the update, of course, because how else are they supposed to fix them, but don't pretend complaining does anything positive. I've had this conversation on these forums before. "Well they ignore us for so long, all we can do is complain" is generally the response I get, but what you don't realize is that it does absolutely nothing beneficial. Unless your purpose is to upset GlassWalls or something, then there's no point in it.

You're acting like children. That's all there is to it.

Message 203 of 239 (373 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 18, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

smokingpistol wrote:
Give it time? Wait a month to express displeasure? Thats garbage and I'm sorry. So FOUR more updates from now and four more weeks of error laden update after error laden update. Wake up and smell the roses. Give it time to improve? Hows four years to fix some issues? Is that enough time to wait? Because some issues people have had for that long. Theres a time to be level headed but sorry this isnt one. The time to complain about this update is now and if you were someone who cared and you wouldnt detract from those expressing their dissatisfaction.

You call it expressing displeasure, I call it moaning and crying. Post all the problems you're having with the update, of course, because how else are they supposed to fix them, but don't pretend complaining does anything positive. I've had this conversation on these forums before. "Well they ignore us for so long, all we can do is complain" is generally the response I get, but what you don't realize is that it does absolutely nothing beneficial. Unless your purpose is to upset GlassWalls or something, then there's no point in it.

Just because you may be more inclined to just lay down and accept it without your voice being heard doesnt mean everyone should follow suit.

It wasn't broke till they fixed it (over and over again). And if people dont voice the issues then they simply wont know about them now will they ?

Message 204 of 239 (353 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Don't forget, Home is still in beta. This means it's our duty to report when things don't work right.
Message 205 of 239 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Feb 18, 2013

To label people as complainers when they spend money for a failed service is as stupid as the people who are saying everything is fine and don't make a big thing out of it.

If that was the case then everything would be free and there would be no need to say a word.

Message 206 of 239 (320 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 18, 2013
I'm inclined to agree with you. Home shoulda been moved out of beta when they started charging for things.

Keeping the beta tag, allows it to mess up and not be considered a real problem. Like a free pass.
Message 207 of 239 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Feb 18, 2013

LeeStone71 wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with you. Home shoulda been moved out of beta when they started charging for things.

Keeping the beta tag, allows it to mess up and not be considered a real problem. Like a free pass.

Spend money on a beta,

Complain about issues in beta, are we not spending beta testers? Are't the complaints we give trying to improve it so it gets out of beta, what is the role of beta tester? 

Stop spending money, that talks louder than words here, and we all know that

Message 208 of 239 (290 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

red_wesley wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

The items being scattered is a problem nearly everyone has but not the rest. Me and several of my friends don't have any other issues. Loading times are great, items don't disappear, scores aren't reset.  Those seem to be problems affecting a small few. You can't really gauge the severity of a problem based off the support forum because you're only seeing the negative side.

Even before 1.75, support has always been plagued with all sorts of problems. Freezing issues, home refusing to download or load, items not downloading properly etc.

You're kidding, right? Man Frustrated Although loading times have improved in general, the wardrobe has become nearly inaccessable and is no plagued with problems. Here are all the problems I'm experiencing with it...

• Items scattered and favorites reset
  • 15 minute "Please wait..." to load outfits
  • 1-5 minute delay in previewing clothing on character
  • Longer delay to load icons (goes with above bullet)
  • After a cetain amount of time spent in the wardrobe (2 minutes this time, half an hour last time), Home will cease to load anything. Icons won't load, previews won't load, XMB won't load, and you'll likely get stuck on a indefinate "Please wait..." screen. If you manage to leave the wardrobe,  non of the Navigator icons will load, you won't be able to go anywhere, and you won't be able to decorate (similar issues). Your only hope is choose an outfit (15 minute waiting period) and get out as fast as you can. I'm not even going to bother trying to create new outfits. It's not worth the problems.

Have.

Don't have. All my outfits load in under 30 secs.

Don't have. Individual clothing loads almost instantaneously.

Don't have. About the same for me as pre 1.75

Not sure. A friend of mine idled in his wardrobe over an hour yesterday.

Message 209 of 239 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 18, 2013

ipwnzj00 wrote:

What you don't realize is that there's no benefit to be gained from complaining about the "complainers".

Message 210 of 239 (271 Views)