Wastelander
412 posts

Re: UPDATE 1.75 COMPLAINT THREAD

Feb 15, 2013

So far, 1.75 works very well. Actually, Home has never been better. Smiley Happy

Items in the wardrobe appear in an instant, while before, the pre-saved costumes could take a while to load. That's why I never used more than 12 slots. Now I can use them all. Smiley Happy

Everything loads a lot quicker. It's as if I went from 8, to 80 Mbps in a day. Smiley Happy

Even the Locomotions appear right away, when you've arrived in a space, and they always appear. You never have to re-activate them again. Smiley Happy

Home is a lot more stable. I can navigate through games, spaces, the Navi, at such a rate, that now Home has to wait for ME, instead of the other way around, haha. Smiley Happy

And you must not forget that now you can change clothes while you're in your friend's apartment too. That's something that the community has been asking for ages. Smiley Happy

Game developers said that, the 1.75 update, opens a lot of new opportunities for them too. So you can be sure that we're going to see a lot of new wonderful things, and I'm very curious to see what that'll be. Smiley Happy

Message 101 of 239 (457 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
I'm quite pleased with update 1.75, loading speed has definitly improved, and the new benifits for Playstation Plus members are great. Cat Happy

There have been a couple minor issues, like the odd disconnection, or the new download bar freezes you rarely causing you to have to wait temporarely to get on Home again, and our item inventorys have arranged differently. Most of these issues are already being looked into and I'm sure will be fixed soon.

Either your very new to Home or very confused.  This last update was a core update the problems that came with this update will stay with Home tell the next core update.  Regal updaes will not fix the problems that came with the core update so these problems are going to be here for a bit.

As far as loading speeds?  I've not been to all spaces yet but I also have to say that loading speed with the personal has got a lot worse.  As for other spaces it has not improved at all.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 102 of 239 (442 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4690 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I'm glad they kept it in QA for an extra month. Seamless transition minus very little things.

From past experiences, I expected much worse.
Message 103 of 239 (431 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1048 posts

Feb 15, 2013

It now takes forever to load your wardrobe. Man Frustrated You used to be able to quickly change between saved outfits, but now there's a good 15 minute "Please wait..." screen.

Message 104 of 239 (419 Views)
Fender Bender
2036 posts

Feb 15, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

LegoFire wrote:
I'm quite pleased with update 1.75, loading speed has definitly improved, and the new benifits for Playstation Plus members are great. Cat Happy

There have been a couple minor issues, like the odd disconnection, or the new download bar freezes you rarely causing you to have to wait temporarely to get on Home again, and our item inventorys have arranged differently. Most of these issues are already being looked into and I'm sure will be fixed soon.

Either your very new to Home or very confused.  This last update was a core update the problems that came with this update will stay with Home tell the next core update.  Regal updaes will not fix the problems that came with the core update so these problems are going to be here for a bit.

As far as loading speeds?  I've not been to all spaces yet but I also have to say that loading speed with the personal has got a lot worse.  As for other spaces it has not improved at all.

I'm none of the above Cat Tongue

We have had plenty of issues in the past from core updates, and they have been solved as easily as any other bug.

Your sentence was a bit of a contradiction, but anyways, loading speed has improved quite a bit, with no HDD things have been running smoother than ever, perhaps try things out a bit more and I'm certain you'll notice the difference. Cat Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 105 of 239 (412 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 15, 2013

LegoFire wrote:
I'm none of the above Cat Tongue

We have had plenty of issues in the past from core updates, and they have been solved as easily as any other bug.

Your sentence was a bit of a contradiction, but anyways, loading speed has improved quite a bit, with no HDD things have been running smoother than ever, perhaps try things out a bit more and I'm certain you'll notice the difference. Cat Happy

Ok, few things here.  Just for fun what would you give Sony as an ETA on these bug fixes that you talk about?  Soon for me would be about a week or two and I find that very unlikely to happen.  But I don't know what your option is and that could make a big difference.  Soon for you could be 3+ Months from now and I find it very likely that by that time Sony will try to fix some of these bugs and or give us another core update.

As for the rest of my post you called it a contradiction.  So are you saying you think that load times to private spaces have gotten faster?  There never use to be a load time at all before and last time I loged onto one of mine it took forever.  I'm also not the only one saying this.  But there could be more to this.  How many private spaces do you own and are they full with items or have nothing at all in them?  My spaces are all full with TV's radios games and so on.  I've maxed out all the spaces.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 106 of 239 (390 Views)
Last Guardian
9166 posts

Feb 15, 2013

on older acconts when the owner has a lot of furn and stuff to wear..takes forever for the list to load..I wanted to do my new apt tonight..the lists are taking to long to load..was ok before the patch..I redid home..reloaded it..My ps is 3 weeks old..I was fine tuesday..Now I cant redo my apt..furn list takes to long to load  all my furn..I own alot of stuff..also the friends list while on home takes to long to load each time..Please help us..my junk account I own with not alot of stuff is ok..loads fast..I am doint a test now..My furn list still did not finish loading yet..new update stinks..go back to old update..takes to long to access stuff now from your server..what givves

Message 107 of 239 (371 Views)
Last Guardian
9166 posts

Feb 15, 2013

alot of my stuff is lost..tons went to storage when its new..all mixed up now..I am ruined..thanks sony

Message 108 of 239 (366 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Feb 15, 2013

all my stuff went into storege, then after i put everything back where they belong all my stuff went back into storege again and the stuff i want to stay in storege came out of storege!...this been happening all day i hope it get fixed Smiley Sad

Message 109 of 239 (355 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 15, 2013
The only complaint I have now that everything's settled down (for the most part), is the inventory being all mixed up.

Driving my OCD insane. Smiley Tongue
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 110 of 239 (352 Views)