Mar 14 2012
By: HearItWow Treasure Hunter 5310 posts

UFC Space Removal

24 replies 172 views Edited Mar 14, 2012

Sorry to see the UFC space go, as it had a ton of potential and some really fun minigames. If they can get those games working in the personal space, they'll be good to have.

The one huge loss in this, in my eyes, is the card-trading game, which had one of the better social mechanics I've seen any developer bring to Home. I really hope that some other developer will come up with a trading-card system like this. It would be a great fit for the Magic: The Gathering space.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 1 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Re: UFC Space Removal

Mar 14, 2012

I'm hoping that they put the prize board appears in the personal space so people who didn't get everything will be able to.

Message 2 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Mar 14, 2012

(Crying) Tear drops from the eye slowly But

O well at least there updating the Personal Space 

Message 3 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Mar 14, 2012

The way the UFC space breakdown was handled should be a lesson for developers planning to release spaces and games into Home in the future. It's not enough to just build a great game for Home. UFC was awesome, but once it started breaking down  it didn't appear that there was anyone available to fix it.

The developer needs to have a support plan and a budget in place prior to release to support the game and space for a fixed period of time after release. Sony should require that the support plan and budget be in place prior to the release of a new game.

Message 4 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4535 posts

Mar 14, 2012

KAL-EL246 wrote:

I'm hoping that they put the prize board appears in the personal space so people who didn't get everything will be able to.

unless the prize board is put in the personal space then the mini games in there are pretty much useless. GlassWalls did say they will update the space so I hope they do put the prizes in there

PlayStation HCV/MVP 2011-2016
facebook.com/gamer316
Message 5 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I WASTED days in this space accumulating points. Over 93,000 to be exact. The rewards board has never worked since I have been on Home. I've been ignoring all my newly acquired disk based games for months now in preference of Home. With all the accumulating issues in Home, both new and old/unfixed, maybe its time to take a break and return to the REAL GAMES.

LOL, I've got 4 new ones from last Fall still in the wrapper.

OK, I'm hooked on Home. I admit it. I just have to re-adjust my expectations

Posted Image

Message 6 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I spent many many hours in that space getting the rewards. Sorry to see it go cause I have an alternate account I would have loved to get the rewards for.

On the other hand if it's broken without any hope for fixing it the space should be removed. It's been months without a fix so ultimately I'm happy it's no longer on the Navigator.

And I agree it was a great social spot. I made a number of friends there who I'm happy to have on my list.

Message 7 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2587 posts

Mar 14, 2012

oh wow Im very sad about this I liked the space a lot got all cards all rewards everything it was a diferent space

RIP UFC Space

Message 8 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Really disappointing news to see a public space that had potential to be an ongoing hit, get removed abruptly without a warning days before.

Not surprised with THQ running it and all.

Message 9 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I hope with the update they are smart enough to let us in the pool without glitching and sit on the lounges. It's Nice to know there is something going on finally even if they are removing the lounge, as long as the upgrade works and the prize board issue is taken care of I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Message 10 of 25 (172 Views)
0 Likes