Dec 23 2013
By: Paulo_Barros_27 First Son 28 posts

Trophy Underground Room in every single Home apartment

48 replies 724 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

I'm a newcomer to Playstation Home (just got my Playstation Plus membership a couple of days ago [which is very fine indeed!]) and got access to Home software. I don't even know how to change the cothes of my character yet but an idea came out of my mind as soon as I appeared in my apartment: it should have a trophy room so everyone you invite to visit your place could take a look at you hard earned conquests in games. I suggest the room to be underground so to make it limitless expandable as you keep getting more and more trophies. I also believe that the ilumination and display set of the trophies should vary accordling with its importance (silver, gold, platinum etc.) and that you could in some way see from which game and what was the achievement the trophy refers to. It would give the trophies a more realistc and tactile feel a make earning them all the more enjoyable. I also guess you could choose the access to this trophy room (or vault) to be secret, like choosing a specific object at your apartment (like a cand handle per example) to activate the open of the underground door. Or maybe a but on the menu of the user that opens it, so only him/her can activate the entrance. I think this would be very cool overall. What do you think?

Message 1 of 49 (724 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Re: Trophy Underground Room in every single Home apartment

Dec 23, 2013

I don't know if something of this kind becomes available as you progress through the game/simulator but I think it to highly unlikely. Maybe if lot of people get interested in having his/her own trophy room, who know Sony would implement this feature?

Message 2 of 49 (719 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Dec 23, 2013
Trophy room was showcased a long time ago when the idea of Home was first introduced to get gamers to use the service. That was over 5 years ago, unfortunately they haven't added it and most likely never will.
Message 3 of 49 (691 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Dec 23, 2013

ReddAxel wrote:
Trophy room was showcased a long time ago when the idea of Home was first introduced to get gamers to use the service. That was over 5 years ago, unfortunately they haven't added it and most likely never will.

Do you have a screenshot of this?

Message 4 of 49 (682 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14024 posts

Dec 23, 2013

It was an idea that was showcased and proposed 5 years ago. Due to the time and cost the developers would have to make eack 3D trophy, it was eventually scrapped altogether and will likely never happen.

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 5 of 49 (672 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Dec 23, 2013

The_Dukenator wrote:

ReddAxel wrote:

Do you have a screenshot of this?

Here it is.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 6 of 49 (652 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Paulo_Barros_27 wrote:

[...] Or maybe a but on the menu of the user that opens it, so only him/her can activate the entrance. I think this would be very cool overall. What do you think?

Whoa! Click on the user and activate their butt to open a secret Trophy Room? **Teasing** I know what you meant (button), lolz.

The Trophy Room idea was thrown out, unfortunately. What players do now is showcase their in-world PS Home rewards as "trophies". If you purchase Estates (or Clubhouses) maybe you could use one to display all of your Home rewards. You could even add some arcade games to that space and have an awesome Trophy/Arcade Room of your own.

Message 7 of 49 (639 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 23, 2013
Talk about a video of days gone bye. Phil, Phil, Phil, wish you were still around amigo.
Message 8 of 49 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Dec 23, 2013

One place for home rewards! Smiley Wink

Yeah.. I remember doing that.. then 2... then... welll I lost count of rewards! Smiley Very Happy

Still, the "hall of fame" was an great idea and Home "rewards showcase" are fun too.

If diving in ornaments storage wasn't such a pain you know where I would happily do another one.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 9 of 49 (630 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Dec 23, 2013
Welcome to Home and the forums Paulo_Barros_27 and Happy Holidays Smiley Happy As others have stated that idea was one of the original plans for Home in that we could display our Home trophies to friends via a trophy room. The collaboration proved to be too large an idea as every dev with trophies in a game would have to provide 3d models of the trophies for use in Home as well and never took off in the studios' minds. Good idea though, I feel the majority of the community would support such a thing if possible. Stick around and add your suggestions to the monthly suggestions threads though, our Home devs tend to pull ideas from there at times.

Suggestions thread for December ---> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/December-2013-Suggestions-Thread/m-p/4235569...
Support Forums
Message 10 of 49 (625 Views)