Mar 11 2007
By: Xenokai Fender Bender 3322 posts

Trophies access in the XMB!

13 replies 910 views Edited Mar 11, 2007
I wacthed the keynote video and Under the Home start icon you can clearly see a trophy icon under it.    A XMB view of your trophies? i hope!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Message 1 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Re: Trophies access in the XMB!

Mar 11, 2007

Xenokai wrote:
I wacthed the keynote video and Under the Home start icon you can clearly see a trophy icon under it.    A XMB view of your trophies? i hope!

it will launch home and you in the trophy room
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 2 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Mar 11, 2007
yea that'd be cool
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3195 posts

Mar 11, 2007

Bobert wrote:
yea that'd be cool

X2 yeah good idea maybe like a sub area in the XMB
Photobucket
Message 4 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Mar 11, 2007
Boring, its like Home is taking over the fantastic XMB interface, i hope Sony's not forgetting about the XM features we want, like:

- accessing the XMB while in-game and using Home.
- reading and sending Messages through XMB while in-game.
- chatting to Friends through XMB while in-game.

its seems like Home is Sony's answer to Live when its clearly no where near close to Live, yeah Home is cool but its just an application just like LittleBigPlanet.

i want Sony to focus on intergrating the XMB into games and Home, making XMB the centerpoint.

AckeheceKoheo wrote:

Xenokai wrote:

it will launch home and you in the trophy room

Message 5 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Mar 12, 2007

KillahSouljah wrote: Boring, its like Home is taking over the fantastic XMB interface, i hope Sony's not forgetting about the XM features we want, like:

its seems like Home is Sony's answer to Live when its clearly no where near close to Live, yeah Home is cool but its just an application just like LittleBigPlanet.
i want Sony to focus on intergrating the XMB into games and Home, making XMB the centerpoint.
Don't forget that Sony created that home button on the controller probably exclusively for this. Home is also merely an extension of the XMB. A complementary item only meant to give the menus and buttons a more engaging look and feel. Everything available in HOME from friends list, to demos, to whatever will be in the XMB.

Also, I doubt Sony has forgotten their promises from GDC 06 on the other features such as chatting to friends in-game or sending messages in-game as well. Those will be a very important aspect of the experience if Sony really wishes to create an immersive world. Hell, maybe all of that could be in the next new update.

The recent GDC was only meant to get the word out on their service. The beta and E3 will showcase all the features they intend to pack into this thing, such as the things you mentioned and maybe universal custom soundtracks and whatever else they plan to include. Once the ground is cemented in, then they can start adding to the structure (via firmware updates and the like in case it can't all make it for the fall launch)
Message 6 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Mar 12, 2007
I dont think its possible to while in-game to press the PS/Home buttom and it'll bring up the Home service, i dont think the PS3 has enough resources, i think when you press the PS/Home button while in-game it'll bring up the XMB.

I hope so anyway...

games101 wrote:

KillahSouljah wrote: Boring, its like Home is taking over the fantastic XMB interface, i hope Sony's not forgetting about the XM features we want, like:

Don't forget that Sony created that home button on the controller probably exclusively for this. Home is also merely an extension of the XMB. A complementary item only meant to give the menus and buttons a more engaging look and feel. Everything available in HOME from friends list, to demos, to whatever will be in the XMB.

Also, I doubt Sony has forgotten their promises from GDC 06 on the other features such as chatting to friends in-game or sending messages in-game as well. Those will be a very important aspect of the experience if Sony really wishes to create an immersive world. Hell, maybe all of that could be in the next new update.

The recent GDC was only meant to get the word out on their service. The beta and E3 will showcase all the features they intend to pack into this thing, such as the things you mentioned and maybe universal custom soundtracks and whatever else they plan to include. Once the ground is cemented in, then they can start adding to the structure (via firmware updates and the like in case it can't all make it for the fall launch)

Message 7 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17376 posts

Mar 12, 2007

KillahSouljah wrote:
I dont think its possible to while in-game to press the PS/Home buttom and it'll bring up the Home service, i dont think the PS3 has enough resources, i think when you press the PS/Home button while in-game it'll bring up the XMB.

I hope so anyway...

games101 wrote:

That's pretty much exactly what he just said...
Message 8 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
592 posts

Mar 12, 2007
Your sig seems to be too big, Killah.

Message Edited by Septimus on 03-11-2007 06:45 PM

Message 9 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1537 posts

Mar 12, 2007
No he ment by pressing the PS/Home button it'll take you to the Home sevice and i said no i dont it will i think it will take you to the XMB once the update gets released..

brush fire wrote:

KillahSouljah wrote:

I hope so anyway...

games101 wrote:

That's pretty much exactly what he just said...

Message 10 of 14 (910 Views)
0 Likes