Im not going to lie or pay "lip service", im glad that he has gone

made me lol  if not a tad naive

Message 71 of 241 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Tribute/ Goodbye Glasswalls

Jun 14, 2013
I am extremely sad to hear this. Cade please be well in your future endeavours. Please continue to let your chain swing and know that Home is where the heart is.

You came up to me years ago in Central Plaza under the big screen just to dance and say hello. It might have been my giant yellow Loco hat that got your attention but I was nervous in all honesty to have 'The' Glasswalls come up to chat with me. You were courteous and kind. I remember seeing you in the Adventure District as well with Booke and a few others on the edge of a plank hanging out AFK after that years later. I sent you a PM then something along the lines of 'thank you for helping us all, and thanks for the hard work you put into Home' and I will repeat those sentiments here. Thank you for going to bat for me personally, us as a community, and Home as a service because like Jers alludes to, we will never know the full extent of your contributions. If you ever feel the need to play some Ooblag don't hesitate to look me up. Oh and BTW I love that shooting moon picture frame still. Always 'faved' ^_^ I have been at times critical of you and the service in the last year or two but it's because I get frustrated watching the pivots and rotations on axis this project has taken over the years. Personally, I want you to know I don't harbour any bad feelings towards you whatsoever. I know it's not your fault as I do know you try with the tools you are given. Thank you also for always taking the time to try and answer my questions even if or when presented a little salty. I know you care as much as I do. Home is unbelievable. Its an amazing program and you helped lead and guide so many through it. Thanks for the memories.

No Place Like Home
Support Forums
Message 72 of 241 (477 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4569 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

very first HCV meeting ever. Archived for ever. Smiley Wink

firstmeet.png

There it is! I was going to pull it off of my PS3 when I got home, but you beat me to it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 73 of 241 (475 Views)
Survivor
1454 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

@ Cade:  Good luck to you and thanks for what you've done for Home.  Smiley Happy

@ Amir29:  Nice to see you post in Home again, yours used to be some of the best.  Smiley Happy

@ rramsdell:  If negativity was a bannable offense, your PS3 would have been bricked long ago.  Just knock it off already.  Smiley Mad

Dean

Edited to say, and JPConway, OMG, where have you been?

Posted Image
Message 74 of 241 (466 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 14, 2013

JoyceHairhelmet wrote:
Best of luck in your new job, Cade! I know you'll do really well. I noticed from your twitter feed we are only an hour and a half apart! (I'm not a stalker LOL) My point is, you are in the heartbeat of the tech world, and are going to have so many wonderful adventures to look forward to. Don't be sad. To quote Auntie Mame (am I dating myself?) "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving."

I have no stories Jers, all I can say is I got kudoed a couple times, which let me know my PS3 wouldn't get bricked from me being a smart a$$. Smiley Very Happy

LOL! Thanks Smiley Tongue

HomeStationMagazine
Message 75 of 241 (456 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1232 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Oh great the only one on here who appeared to listen and actually care.....grrrr

Going to miss you Glasswalls!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 76 of 241 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Laters GlassWalls! It was nice chatting to you about some business you probably don't remember xD but we used to chat in the Community Theater quite a bit and this was before the new core came to home! Its glad that you were there to help me with anything I needed assistance with. Anyways, I'll see you later Glass you were the best Mod/CommunityManager of home and no one will tops you. See ya buddy! ~Sharakon Smiley Happy 

Message 77 of 241 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Jun 14, 2013
ROCK ON GLASS ^5 ------------------------------------ RED
RED
Message 78 of 241 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Cade filled me in last week and it's felt like a weird dream ever since; just not something I ever expected to hear. Behind the GlassWalls avatar there was an amazingly caring guy, Cade Peterson. Someone I've always looked up to. I still remember the first time I ever messaged him here on the forums - it was a bear inside a car driving home from work; my way of telling him it was late and he should go home. Smiley Tongue

Since then, over the years from late night movies to gaming nights, I have many cherished memories <3. Cade, I would like to say THANK YOU for the amazing encouragement and support you have shared with me over the years.

Now he will be moving onwards with new adventures and I'm sure where ever he ends up he will be spreading the same light and joy he has shined over our community over the years.

We Heart You Cade!

Message 79 of 241 (420 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Sophronia wrote:

Cade filled me in last week and it's felt like a weird dream ever since; just not something I ever expected to hear. Behind the GlassWalls avatar there was an amazingly caring guy, Cade Peterson. Someone I've always looked up to. I still remember the first time I ever messaged him here on the forums - it was a bear inside a car driving home from work; my way of telling him it was late and he should go home. Smiley Tongue

Since then, over the years from late night movies to gaming nights, I have many cherished memories <3. Cade, I would like to say THANK YOU for the amazing encouragement and support you have shared with me over the years.

Now he will be moving onwards with new adventures and I'm sure where ever he ends up he will be spreading the same light and joy he has shined over our community over the years.

We Heart You Cade!

Human <3 amen!

HomeStationMagazine
Message 80 of 241 (504 Views)