Ghost of Sparta
13192 posts

Re: Tribute/ Goodbye Glasswalls

Jun 15, 2013

So that's his personal account (was wondering about that on twitter)

CadeRageous wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Huge party @ my club, in his  honor. Party time! Kicking it here!!!

"See you later!" as I'll pop into Home from time to time. 

So you're going to be just a regular Home User..just like us? if yes. can't wait till forum users meet you and post it on a thread (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Forum-Members-You-Seen-On-PS-Home-Recently/t...)

Message 171 of 241 (557 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Jun 15, 2013

CadeRageous wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Hello everyone! It's me, Cade, AKA GlassWalls on my personal account. Yes, I've lived a double life all these years, but this explains why poor Glass only had a handful of trophies, hahaha...

Wow, I am so overwhelmed from your sweet posts, sharing little tidbits of history here and there, plus all the kind wishes. I've been trying to read through the tons of posts, and I'm still not quite done yet!

First off—it's been such a pleasure having had this opportunity to work with and for you all these years (almost half a decade!). I've seen Home grow up right before my eyes, from a humble beginning in the closed beta days through many platform updates and even more content updates, it's become this vast, rich world, full of the most amazing people, content and games. There really is no other place like Home. 

I dug up my original blog icon to share if anyone wants to see it blown up:

GlassWalls-blog

If you have any more pics or video, please continue to share those here as I really love seeing them too. It's amazing the content that is readily available to us these days. Also, if anyone can find the original link, my favorite tune that reminds me of Home is the original trailer for it. 

As for my silence over the past week, the timing of me leaving was not ideal (pre-E3 and all), but do know this—it has nothing to do with PS4, PS Home or PS3 concerns at all. It's just ill-timed, and you'll have to trust me on that. My last special act was posting this year's Virtual E3 booth announcement, and talk about a high note to go out on! I hope you all have jumped into the booth and had a great time. The production team really knocked it out of the park this year, and it shows. It's really a special year for PlayStation.

Meanwhile, if anyone does throw any fun parties, I fully expect pink hair to be rocked and bunny ears if you got 'em! PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN (please share them in here!).

Finally, if you want to keep up on my new adventures, I have a few public accounts you can check out:

Twitter

Google+

Blogspot

Ok, that's about it! I'll keep an eye on ya, though not in any official capacity anymore. Please continue to be good to each other, and thank you for having been with me on this journey. It's been a very special part of my life, and I am so grateful to have been here. This community and it's overall unique "personality," if you will, is a very vibrant and special one that I'm proud to have helped manage all these years. You guys are the best one out there, so supportive and helpful, playful and creative. And you can always kick my butt in any game I've ever played, srsly!. Smiley Very Happy But I'm always going to keep playing with you anyway. 

I've had such a great time with you and with PlayStation. I am not good with goodbyes, so let's just say it's more of a, "See you later!" as I'll pop into Home from time to time. 

It's funny that's your favorite Home tune.  That's my ringtone for my phone for the last 3 years LOL

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 172 of 241 (552 Views)
Fender Bender
2689 posts

Jun 15, 2013

CadeRageous wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

Hello everyone! It's me, Cade, AKA GlassWalls on my personal account. Yes, I've lived a double life all these years, but this explains why poor Glass only had a handful of trophies, hahaha...

Wow, I am so overwhelmed from your sweet posts, sharing little tidbits of history here and there, plus all the kind wishes. I've been trying to read through the tons of posts, and I'm still not quite done yet!

First off—it's been such a pleasure having had this opportunity to work with and for you all these years (almost half a decade!). I've seen Home grow up right before my eyes, from a humble beginning in the closed beta days through many platform updates and even more content updates, it's become this vast, rich world, full of the most amazing people, content and games. There really is no other place like Home. 

I dug up my original blog icon to share if anyone wants to see it blown up:

GlassWalls-blog

If you have any more pics or video, please continue to share those here as I really love seeing them too. It's amazing the content that is readily available to us these days. Also, if anyone can find the original link, my favorite tune that reminds me of Home is the original trailer for it. 

As for my silence over the past week, the timing of me leaving was not ideal (pre-E3 and all), but do know this—it has nothing to do with PS4, PS Home or PS3 concerns at all. It's just ill-timed, and you'll have to trust me on that. My last special act was posting this year's Virtual E3 booth announcement, and talk about a high note to go out on! I hope you all have jumped into the booth and had a great time. The production team really knocked it out of the park this year, and it shows. It's really a special year for PlayStation.

Meanwhile, if anyone does throw any fun parties, I fully expect pink hair to be rocked and bunny ears if you got 'em! PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN (please share them in here!).

Finally, if you want to keep up on my new adventures, I have a few public accounts you can check out:

Twitter

Google+

Blogspot

Ok, that's about it! I'll keep an eye on ya, though not in any official capacity anymore. Please continue to be good to each other, and thank you for having been with me on this journey. It's been a very special part of my life, and I am so grateful to have been here. This community and it's overall unique "personality," if you will, is a very vibrant and special one that I'm proud to have helped manage all these years. You guys are the best one out there, so supportive and helpful, playful and creative. And you can always kick my butt in any game I've ever played, srsly!. Smiley Very Happy But I'm always going to keep playing with you anyway. 

I've had such a great time with you and with PlayStation. I am not good with goodbyes, so let's just say it's more of a, "See you later!" as I'll pop into Home from time to time. 

*applauds.*

Cade, you better stick around as one of us, you hear? Theres a hole in this community that can pretty much only be filled by you. And I don't mean that as "Glass the CM" I mean that as "Cade the cool guy with the pink hair." One of those names that people are GOING to notice is completely missing if you vanish, y'know?

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 173 of 241 (536 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

CadeRageous wrote:

rramsdell wrote:

It's very nice that you came back to wish everyone well and reflect. That says as much about you as anything that anyone here ever could. Thank you.

Did you want to crash rramsdell's party with me? Smiley Wink

Message 174 of 241 (535 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Smiley Indifferent Smiley Happy Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy Mya^^

The things I have to do for you guys.. LOL! So glad he said yes.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 175 of 241 (519 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

We'll always miss you, Cade!   Glad to know you'll always be "there" if not here.

I'll never forget that special feeling seeing an official email in my inbox inviting me to join the HCVs, or what an amazing journey it's been getting to know you since!  You are truly a special friend, and I can't thank you enough for all the encouragement, and support personally.

Also to thank you for all the love, sweat, and tears over the years that you've dedicated to helping shape Home into what it is today.  There are few who truly understand how deep that love went.  Hopefully it laid the foundation for many more good years to come.

Enjoy your "freedom" this summer, it's well deserved., and I hope all is progressing well with your new journey.  Be sure and post pics while you're abroad!

*hugs*

Message 176 of 241 (504 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I am glad that Cade is still on Home, I hope his reason for leaving is a good one, and that the person that steps in as community manager does at least half as good a job as he did. I didn't know Glass that well, but he  was good helping me out with some questions I had about somethings, and he was right, it turned out to be something I didn't need to worry about

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 177 of 241 (498 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Re: Tribute/Glasswalls -Cade replies #166

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

PlayStation®Home Picture 10-30-2009 10-15-32.JPG

Just wanted to post this as a reminder of the fun that home has had and how we all enjoyed some of the event in it, and hope to see you soon in future event like one of us. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 178 of 241 (480 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Who are we going to shout at now if the blog isn't updated in time? Smiley Sad

Lol only kidding Smiley Tongue

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 179 of 241 (459 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jun 15, 2013

It's awesome Cade took the time to reach out the community, though I'm sure some users thought he probably wouldn't.

This just goes to show he does still care about his community fans, and even friends of Playstation Home.

I'm also slightly jealous he'll be in Shanghai, but I wish him the best of luck and fun times in China. Though, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

Message 180 of 241 (447 Views)