Sep 25 2007
By: AnthraxXx~ Keyblade Wielder 10780 posts

Translater included with Home.

4 replies 25 views Edited Sep 25, 2007
I got a cool idea.  Maybe I'm not the first one to come up with it.  I read somewhere that different regions would have their own Home lobby tailored to their region.  However, they mentioned it wouldn't be that difficult to visit another region (a lot like we do with the PS Store).  However, if I were to visit a Japanese lobby, I wouldn't be able to converse with them due to the language barrier.  Wouldn't it be cool if a Japanese person typed something toward me (while I was in their regional lobby), Home would immediately translate it into English so I could hold a conversation with them.  I think this will educate people about diveristy and different cultures.  Of course to step it up a notch, you would attempt this feature with voice also.
Message 1 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: Translater included with Home.

Sep 25, 2007
That wouldn't work.. hers a sample... English-portugese-english (my girl is portugese so i use this a lot..and she laughs at me all the time..

English-- Hey man, wanna come play Warhawk with me? I want to go blow something up with a TOW missle!

English-Portugese-English -- The man of hey, wants to come Warhawk game with me? I want to go I blow that something above with one missle of the TOW!
Message 2 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14204 posts

Sep 25, 2007
It would basically have to use pre-set messages like Ridge Racer 7 uses. Not a very good way to communicate but it would be sufficient for game invites..
Message 3 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Sep 25, 2007
I thought Home had a built in translater(not voice translater) but for typed out chat?
Message 4 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Sep 25, 2007
The Auto-Translator in FFXI worked pretty well. But even that was set phrases and words. I think that's how the set phrases work in Home. If you choose one of the pre programed sentences it will show up on the other users' screen in thier language.

Can someone from the Beta confirm this?
Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)
0 Likes