Jan 06 2010
By: AshKicksAzz86 First Son 4 posts

Too young for Playstation Home???

15 replies 346 views Edited Jan 6, 2010
Hey, I'm 23 and today was the 1st day of even trying to get into Playstion Home. I downloaded the software and when I tried to access it, it said I was too young! I did my research to try to figure out where to change my age and I can't seem to find out where. I am a sub account and I'm just completely lost. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Message 1 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Too young for Playstation Home???

Jan 6, 2010

AshKicksAzz86 wrote:
Hey, I'm 23 and today was the 1st day of even trying to get into Playstion Home. I downloaded the software and when I tried to access it, it said I was too young! I did my research to try to figure out where to change my age and I can't seem to find out where. I am a sub account and I'm just completely lost. Any suggestions? Thanks!

You might not have set the age restrictions correctly when setting up your account. I don't believe there is a place where you can do that once the account has been created. You might want to try creating a new one and to be sure that you set the age over 21 so that it will be a master account. 

Message 2 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 6, 2010
Sooo, does that mean I have to give up my ID and all my friends??? If so, that blows.
Message 3 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 6, 2010

AshKicksAzz86 wrote:
Sooo, does that mean I have to give up my ID and all my friends??? If so, that blows.

Oh I see, you mean your friends that you already have on PSN before you started to try and access home. I'm not sure what you can do. Perhaps you can call Sony directly but I don't believe that will provide much in the way of a solution. Maybe other members of the community have some answers for you.

Message 4 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1870 posts

Jan 6, 2010

You might want to try the first post in this thread.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3home&thread.id=441277

Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Well, I guess Playstation Home just isn't for me! O well. Thanks anyways!!!

Message 6 of 16 (346 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 6, 2010
Hey Thanks! I don't think I could have found that on my own. Kudos to you!
Message 7 of 16 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jan 6, 2010

AshKicksAzz86 wrote:

I find it unlikely that a 23 year old would put in the wrong age.  It's more likely that this is a Parental Controls problem even if you have never used this before try playing around with it turn it off then try to log-in to Home if that does not work put it back on then try it on off one more time before giveing up.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 8 of 16 (350 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Jan 6, 2010

I strongly suggest that even if you get Home working by following the steps in the link post that you create a Master Account. I see that you don't have that many trophies, and you can always still sign in using your current account to play some older games and to let your existing friends know to use the new account.

Note that sub-accounts are restricted in other ways, too: they cannot sign up for betas and some services, cannot use the Facebook integration, and there will probably be other issues in the future as other premium options are added. I don't think it's even possible to create a sub-account for someone over 18 anymore, and Sony treats them as more or less just for minors.

The whole issue of owners of sub-accounts reaching the age of majority is one that Sony will need to address, especially if they envision people using these accounts for years and years.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 9 of 16 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 27, 2012

hey man i had the same problem,,,just go to SETTINS from there go to SECURITY SETTINGS and then go to PARENTAL CONTROL and rise the level to 9 or higher and then u will be able to access the HOME......

Message 10 of 16 (339 Views)
0 Likes