May 13 2013
By: tdarb Fender Bender 3844 posts

Too many stickied posts

20 replies 257 views Edited May 13, 2013

I get the idea behind stickies, but when there are so many that a user has to scroll through a whole page of them to get to new posts, there are too many. Good threads will stay at the top naturally.  Half of these stickied threads only offer benefit for a very short while.

I don't get why we need 17 sticky threads....it's just too much.

Message 1 of 21 (257 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Re: Too many stickied posts

May 13, 2013

relax, they change often.

Perish_Song
Message 2 of 21 (250 Views)
Fender Bender
3844 posts

May 13, 2013

relax, I have an opinion too. Smiley Happy

Even if they change often, how many forums do you see with 15+ stickies? If everything is important, nothing is.

Message 3 of 21 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 13, 2013

Oh no no, we can't do without those poll threads, even though they're conveniently hyperlinked right below the polls themselves off on the right. And dear god, what chaos would ensue without all those Home Guide threads, its not like those could NEVER be combined into one thread, not at all. Oh and we definitely need the stickied thread about a community event from almost a week ago, there's no way we all can't live in harmony without old news being stickied, no sir. 

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 4 of 21 (230 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

May 13, 2013

You see the current important info, almost on a weekly basis they are changed, and it's almost routine what you see there. As for multi stickied forums I run into it all the time. DCUO forums, the old sim forums, you'd find items that weren't even considered current info stickied, at least it's current, and/or relevant to what is going on in home during the current week and/or month.

Perish_Song
Message 5 of 21 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

May 13, 2013
OMG. Someone finally said it! LOL I think that every time I come here!! For me, putting something up as a sticky means I'll definitely overlook it. haha First thing I do is blindly scroll past all that! It's automatic for me now. Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 21 (224 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

May 13, 2013
Me too. I'm here for entertainment mostly... Stickied stuff is not amusing so I scroll past it always.
Message 7 of 21 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
3844 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Oh no no, we can't do without those poll threads, even though they're conveniently hyperlinked right below the polls themselves off on the right. And dear god, what chaos would ensue without all those Home Guide threads, its not like those could NEVER be combined into one thread, not at all. Oh and we definitely need the stickied thread about a community event from almost a week ago, there's no way we all can't live in harmony without old news being stickied, no sir. 

i like your sarcasm.

Oh, and goodness forbid they get rid of the four out of six stickies at the top of the list that would float to the top naturally.

I'm not saying they are not important. They will go to the top when updated anyway though. No need to sticky them.

Message 8 of 21 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

May 13, 2013
Almost half of them shouldn't be up there. It's annoying. But hey, what ever floats their boat.

YB

Message 9 of 21 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

May 13, 2013

Try viewing the Home forums on mobile. It's a scrolling nightmare. Smiley Indifferent

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 21 (184 Views)