I Only Post Everything
1228 posts

Re: !!!To sony and to true gap members only!!!

May 4, 2007
Think of it like this. You've been in GAP for awhile, which means more than likely you've participated in some betas. On the other hand, someone who's been in GAP for only a few months haven't had the chance to be in betas, so why not give them a far chance too?
PSN ID: J-Wood
Message 71 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

May 4, 2007
I'm new to this website. But sent in my psu card when I bought my ps3 on release. What is a G.A.P. that I see everywhere? What is it exactly, and how does one sign-up or get in? Correct me if I'm wrong... but you have to be a gap member to have received this beta? If so.. will this be true for all future beta releases?

just trying to expand my knowledge!!
Message 72 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19335 posts

May 4, 2007
I'm a little upset that I didn't get in, but I am much more upset at how unorganized this seemed, and the amount of time that I wasted seeing if I got in, since Sony felt like slowly spreading the beta East.

Although, I don't really think that it was a smart move to let ANYONE with an account here apply for the CLOSED Beta.

I mean, something doesn't seem right when I see some guy who signed up on April 28th of this year posting about how he's in the Beta.

At least give the GAP members priority in the closed Beta, seeing as how it is a much earlier build in this state, and it seems fairly obvious already that someone will end up leaking massive amounts of footage or go onto a message board talking abnout what he's encountered.

Although it wouldn't be certain that all GAP members would keep their NDA, you at least have a higher percentage of people who would actually know what an NDA is, as opposed to giving a one-time poster who signed up to talk about the Ninja Gaiden: Sigma demo full access to one of Sony's biggest programs for this year, and a big role in deciding how the thing shapes up.

Besides, there is the 15,000+ people OPEN Beta that could be used for these sorts of people.
Message 73 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7346 posts

May 4, 2007
i have been here almost 2 years

been in gap since october
havent gotten my package
never beta tested
everything i own from sony is registered

they hate me
grammatoad
Message 74 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
964 posts

May 4, 2007
hmmm alright i want everyone here to say Goooosfrabba. over and over.
Message 75 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3145 posts

May 4, 2007
Well I been a playstation underground member with this name since 2007...but i was with this forum since 97 and I got no love.

~ Hardcore Alliance ~ 68-30-2 ~ 111440 Valor ~
Message 76 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 4, 2007
Being in GAP means nothing really. GAP doesn't shape the gaming worlds or nothing like that. All we get is a couple of survey to fill out, maybe. We get some free stuff, maybe.

I been in PSU since 2002 and GAP since 2003. I never received any beta invites except for HOME. I'm not bitter about it, I just think that HOME beta was handled sloppy. I mean they said wait for the 2nd confirmation email to see if you got in instead they suddenly randomly popped up in people's PS stores. Then afterwards, the people who downloaded the beta finally get the 2nd confirmation a day late?

Message 77 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7003 posts

May 4, 2007

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

Yeah seriously I've been here for more then 2 years and didn't get **bleep**, execpt for that grey hat.
Message 78 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

May 4, 2007

Dnize wrote:

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

Yeah seriously I've been here for more then 2 years and didn't get **bleep**, execpt for that grey hat.

id rather have the hat than my t-shirt >.<
ssdsct5
Thanks to WWE_JohnCenaLuvar for the sig
Message 79 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1223 posts

May 4, 2007
GAP to my knowledge was 'The most elite rank that can be obtained by a Playstation Underground member'.. Why is it that people with like 41 post are in that fast? While others who rightfully deserve it aren't? The new members should have to wait for the open beta.
Message 80 of 102 (2 Views)
0 Likes