Splicer
62 posts

Re: !!!To sony and to true gap members only!!!

May 4, 2007
thats the problem right there look at half the people they chose and there are already leaks every where about it. they need to make selections. not this stupid random and any lieing lil kid under 18 can get in.
Message 31 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

May 4, 2007
Sony couldn't probably care less. Now I can see why there are viral marketing campaigns against Sony. It's just too easy to point out all of Sony's lies. Where's my dual 1080P gaming Sony? You remember, one of the things you boasted about your console? One of the only reasons I bought a PS3 in the first place?

Message Edited by ALIA$$$$ on 05-04-2007 02:02 AM
Message 32 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
926 posts

May 4, 2007
I have to agree with the OP here. Ive been in the GAP for nearly 5 years now. 2002. Right when it started. And I didnt get in. I tested ratchet, socom, god of war, killzone and others. how did i not get an invite to Home... makes no sense.
Message 33 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
547 posts

May 4, 2007

SimpsonZach wrote:
I have to agree with the OP here. Ive been in the GAP for nearly 5 years now. 2002. Right when it started. And I didnt get in. I tested ratchet, socom, god of war, killzone and others. how did i not get an invite to Home... makes no sense.

Because they might have done it randomly, rendering anything you stated above to be meaningless.

Or, if you don't believe the random thing, maybe they wanted people new to the GAP to get a chance to do something cool, so they chose more of the newer people. I don't really believe that though, I think it was random.
- DKSM
Message 34 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 4, 2007

NO FEAR!! wrote:

To me personaly beta testing was not about me, it was about doing my part to make games better for my fellow gamers.

I just wanted to re-iterate that.

I was sorry to see so many people freaking about this while the download was rolling out, and now I'm sorry to see them take being passed over personally.  The purpose of beta testing is not to honor the people selected, and while the process is interesting, it's not always entertaining.  Basically, the advantage that beta testers have is that some of their curiosity about a new product gets satisfied before it hits the market.  I don't know the specifics about the Home beta trial, but I've been in a beta which tested only the online features of a game and nothing else.  So the test software was itself kinda gimped.  It's possible that the present Home download also has some anticipated features missing.  Again, I don't know that for sure, but it's a possibility.

I don't know the criteria SCEE used for deciding who got the d/l.  Generally GAP members do get preference for beta tests, so it's no surprise that most of those who have said they got the d/l have also said they're on the GAP.  Also, Sony had to send out more invites than they had slots available for testing, because not everyone they might want to invite would be able to participate.  (Some people might be too busy, on vacation, away from their console for the test period, or just not want to bother with buggy software.)  So it was know from the start that not everyone invited would get in; in fact the invite email said as much.

It's just possible that more n00b-ish people were just the sort they were looking to test with.  It's often the case that software designers specifically want to know if relatively inexperienced people will find a user interface natural and easy to use.  And Home is, pretty much, an elaborate kind of user interface for online game lobbies.  (I know, it's more than that as well, but it's largely Sony's answer to Xbox Live.)  So that may be why more "senior" GAP members didn't get in this time.

So please, ppl, don't look upon not being selected as a judgment on your worthiness as a gamer or your loyalty to Sony.  I'm, personally, quite critical of Sony for many reasons, and am not a fanboy of any system, and I think they could have handled this better by keeping people better informed, but for the most part this is just how beta tests work.  (I would recommend that Sony get itself a semi-official community "liason officer" like M$'s Major Nelson to help ppl better understand what's going on.)
Message 35 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
920 posts

May 4, 2007
you elitist folks needs to get over yourself.  You didn't get in.  boo hoo.  We're al gonna get it.  If the same people are doing the same thing, no new ideas are ever gonna get suggested.

banner
Message 36 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14655 posts

May 4, 2007

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

IMHO, both GAP members and Home invitees were selected unfairly. Random picking is not the way you should go about this.

Message 37 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

May 4, 2007
for real all these noobs come in and they got the beta ive been here for 3 years and im in gap and i didnt get mine

Message 38 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 4, 2007
I feel the same way I got the first Email but no second one plus I am on a long time in the day. I work at night so I could have helped out alot.
Message 39 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2089 posts

May 4, 2007
sorry about your luck on not getting picked  but i gotta get back to this game of bowling on home.
Message 40 of 102 (6 Views)
0 Likes