Fender Bender
3906 posts

Re: !!!To sony and to true gap members only!!!

May 4, 2007

ALIA$$$$ wrote:
What the hell were you expecting from these boards? All I see is loyal Sony customers who feel like they've been stabbed in the back, and rightly so. Why would they send so many emails if most of them were to go unfulfilled? ..............................

Exactly what I was thinking about the emails. Why would you just not send the number you want for the beta? They should of known that sending out more then they wanted were going to lead to pissed off people. They did not handle this very well IMO.
Message 21 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3906 posts

May 4, 2007

NO FEAR!! wrote:
Please let's just not do this.  it's not helpful

Thanks

Sorry but how are we suppose to feel? Now you got people who got in show boating and those who got the email figuring they had a chance to find out they do not. So let us know how we should feel.
Message 22 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

May 4, 2007
i totally agree they didnt handle it the right way. the only thing they have been doing good lately is dissapointing loyal customers and pushing them off into other companies hands.
Message 23 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3258 posts

May 4, 2007

Jernell2005 wrote:
What is going on with sony, I see all the new accounts that just signed up about two months ago saying that they have just downloaded the home beta from the store. I mean atleast give it to some people who  have been here atleast a year or more. I see all these newbies claiming that they have recieved the download. Sony if you dont want information leaked , give it to someone who has been on the boards for a while. When i was selected to be in the gap it was a honor ,i felt good about it. It took me like 5 months to get in the GAP. Now it seems in order for someone to get in they  just  need to set up a account. This is a slap in the face to your loyal gap members, and another thing is why did you send out all those e-mails if everyone was not going to get in, i mean wouldnt the person who is receiving the mail automatically qualify for beta, once they signed up. !'m not hating on the newbies or anything because i know that you guys do not control this, but sony should think a little before making these choices. Yes newbies should have a chance to be in beta but those spots shuld go gap members first.

I truly do beleive that its random....I dont have proof but I just feel it just may be....
Message 24 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3906 posts

May 4, 2007

LoTuZ wrote:
I truly do beleive that its random....I dont have proof but I just feel it just may be....

I believe it was random. Just how they choose GAP members. Has nothing to do with how good of a member you are, how many posts, games or hardware you have.
Message 25 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30083 posts

May 4, 2007

The_Game_2005 wrote:

NO FEAR!! wrote:
Please let's just not do this.  it's not helpful

Thanks

Sorry but how are we suppose to feel? Now you got people who got in show boating and those who got the email figuring they had a chance to find out they do not. So let us know how we should feel.

You're an adult, and while it is disappointing, we should be mature enough to not flame everyone else.  We don't know the criterea that Sony used for selection, so let's just take a step back and breathe deep for a few minutes.

Life is full of disappointments, and I'm sure we've all experienced some in the past.
Fastest Grandma In GT
Message 26 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
442 posts

May 4, 2007

The_Game_2005 wrote:

ALIA$$$$ wrote:
What the hell were you expecting from these boards? All I see is loyal Sony customers who feel like they've been stabbed in the back, and rightly so. Why would they send so many emails if most of them were to go unfulfilled? ..............................

Exactly what I was thinking about the emails. Why would you just not send the number you want for the beta? They should of known that sending out more then they wanted were going to lead to pissed off people. They did not handle this very well IMO.

I know. This is why Nintendo is beating Sony's brains in. So many people have been screwed by Sony that it's to the point of being sad. I bought 3 friggin PS2s because they were built like paper airplanes.

But who cares, right? Someone will come in here and tell me to pipe down, but that's how it is... rock the boat and you'll be asked to walk the proverbial plank.
Message 27 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3906 posts

May 4, 2007

Cobra Girl wrote:
You're an adult, and while it is disappointing, we should be mature enough to not flame everyone else.  We don't know the criterea that Sony used for selection, so let's just take a step back and breathe deep for a few minutes.

Life is full of disappointments, and I'm sure we've all experienced some in the past.

I wasn't flaming anyone, just asking how we should feel.
Message 28 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

May 4, 2007
the way things are looking for the ps3 the perverbial plank may be the best situation. and we are not flamming every one we are flaming sony for how the are acting to things. i congradulate the people who got in for getting in. but sony needs to pull their heads out and get stuff together or they will flop like the dreamcast did not so long ago. its just sad to see what its coming down to.
Message 29 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8032 posts

May 4, 2007
Me personaly...I feel happy for my fellow GAP members that got the nod.  I sent s few PM's congratulating the ones I know and have on my PSN friends list.

I have beta tested with some of these people before and I feel comfort in the fact they will do what is required and put in the effort to help make the final product better for the rest of us when it is released to the public.

To me personaly beta testing was not about me, it was about doing my part to make games better for my fellow gamers.

Message 30 of 102 (14 Views)
0 Likes