Mar 23 2010
By: Patchex Fender Bender 3503 posts

To BEta or not to BEta?!?

34 replies 235 views Edited Mar 23, 2010

Ok Let me first say, PLEASE don't BAN me... Im not here to get Banned, and I have been contemplating Making this thread (Topic) for a very long time... Also I am not going Kiss Up cause that's not my style, yet I do give props when they should be given, also this is not to Be rude or mean... This Threads Tone should be taken as Contemplating and Helpful as well as Critical in the Since that we the BETA testers should take back the Role of Beta tester...

I will be adding to this for a while hopefully if I don't get banned (And yes that is Fear you smell, I have worked so hard not to go completely Spastic and Delete myself or get myself banned so far so I hopefully this is not the Last Thread I make O_o) THis is going take a bit of time I think... Also I would Happily invite my fellow Testers to add what they like, yet this is not a suggestion thread, there are plenty of them already, no this is something different all together... And That's one of the things I hope to address in this Post. 

First I will Say that "HOME" was taken out of Alpha way to early, (That of Course is an opinion) and I do understand that there was no way for them to know how Hectic this Program would be, even though there were suggestions that it would be very overwhelming. I do understand it takes time to get things approved, and by no means is this a point a finger thread (Cause when you point a finger there are three more pointing right back at you...) Also I do feel that the guy that was in charge of making this Programs Development when it shifted Hands Sold Out... (However please don't take this the wrong way) I know people need to make money to live, I understand this ... I also Know that the funds needed to make it what it is today would not be possible if it had not changed Hands... So with that said, even though I feel it was a Sell out, I do still want to see it Prosper. I feel that they did what they thought they needed to to get done what needed to be done...

The Explanation That I saw that HOME was supposed to be a Gamers Social network yet has Become something more IS a cop out... Again please don't take this the wrong way... I will put it this way... Here is Why I have feared this... Look at it this way, I am not the biggest geek in the World by any means... Yet I think I am a Gamer, and no matter where I go it just doesn't fit the way it should, not to mention with the See of Social networks and Millions of People it is soooo very hard to meet other Gamers who not only Share Games yet also Share other Interest... So with that said, I am very sad to think that this Program might loss its roots Smiley Sad   ...  I do Know that there are some game based applications in HOME... Also I am a big Fan of them... I love the Idea of HOME, and was as Supportive as I could be... However in the Past few weeks I have seen some stuff that is Kinda disturbing... Not based on Users, yet Based on the Over all Developments Of HOME...

I know That We are considered Testers, However With the Sea of Complaints that are SCATTERED all over the Place and the Sea of new requests... HOME is Losing its Stability very very fast... I know its Making money and all and that's not what I mean... I mean in the Department of Quality... Granted They have been doing work on it and I know things take time.

For Starters, there is a Clause that there will be no Refunds, which Its hard to dispute this, yet is Refund in Credit a problem? Here is one of the Reasons I say this, and I know that others have said this. Some Items are badly Broken, or Glitched... And they take time to fix, However How much TIme is too much time... For Instance... The Gold Suits that Just sold for 15 bucks here in NA, are broken. (now not being a fan of Money or Gold I didn't personally Purchase this item, yet I have witnessed the Glitch first hand many times) Now the thing about this is, It was broken and it was known about 3 years ago... (O_o 3 Years... Seriously now) 3 years is a long time to let something that costs money like that to go unfixed... Again don't take this the wrong way... From what I understand there is a Chain of Command, and I know some one can't just do something they want to fix an Item, yet seriously 3 years... When a Tester tells you something is wrong, do you say "Oh well we will get to it when we feel like it" Humm... That is not good Business... Just like the Wedding Gown Vail Glitch... (Again one I don't own, weddings make me Sick...) however there are many who are not happy with the Glitch... Now its funny, they fix Harmless Glitches of an Avatar exploring nice scenery yet not the Paid Item Glitches... Now Granted I am not the Biggest Glitch Fan, actually I am against glitches Kinda cause it shows Flaws in the Programming, not to mention Flaws that reflect on the Testers and the Developers and the Whole Team... In Computers Perfection is a Virtue... I do Know that some enjoy glitching, just to see if it can be done... Some are cool to see nice scenery and cool effects, yet what is cool about a bald Bride or two people who paid 15 bucks for an Animation that doesn't work next to another person who owns the same suit? Not Cool...

I Know People love getting new Content like Clothes (I am Guilty of this one myself) However making New stuff before the old Stuff gets fixed makes the company look bad... Think about it, not only is it Beta (Open or Not) yet people are Paying Real money for these Items... And How many people have said these things here in the Forums already?

One of the Credit things I would like to Address was an experiment I did about a month ago... Now when the Ninja suits first came out... I got it in bits and Pieces... Cool enough, now I hear there is a new and different one, also it is at  a bundled price... Cool beans. So I said to myself, Humm is it going give me both suits so I bought it to test and NOPE it over Wrote my First one... Now that a Glitch that should have been fixed way back when... What if SOme one does it by accident... This Goes for all Bundled Items... If some one buys a bundle, why should they have to live with the Price of the whole items... Especially if they Paid full price... Now I know you guys got to make money... However if some one owns a whole suit, don't you think the bundle should show up as already bought?

Another big problem, and I know there have been improvements so great job on the effort yet its still not fixed... Lost items cause of Freezes... I can earn the Free Items for Arcades again, that's fine... Yet some things I can not get back... I had to reset many times During Xi, and I lost many things... Along with scores... Like I said I am by far not the Best...(there is always some one Better) Yet they were mine, and I spent time on them and it was cool to have the Items. One Item I can not get back,  A friend Shirt that I had Gotten form a site during Xi... Its gone and no where to be found I can see that improvements have been made to Record Won Items now, Great Job... However I think that One step further could be made... Send Receipts once a week or so like the Paid receipts, I know its most likely Automated, yet It can be that hard... Yes I know you guys must be Busy, yet Seriously... These things do need fixing...

I could go on for Days... And I probably am going to... I have to collect my thoughts some more before I start posting Pictures and More Problems, Yet Let me say again, This Is not meant to be taken as an Attack, (and Please don't attack in this thread) This is meant to be One Beta testers thoughts on some of the Stuff that could use new Direction in NA HOME (or a few testers if anyone else has anything to add, cause I by no means can catch all the Problems, I am only one person... Just like the Management and Others couldn't catch it all seeing as it seems to be a small staff... )

photo Patchex_zpsqusgtghp.png
Message 1 of 35 (235 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Re: To BEta or not to BEta?!?

Mar 23, 2010

I think Home started Open Beta testing at a good time.They're slowly but at the same time quickly getting our wants and thoughts in Home. As for your suggestions, give it awhile, i think we suggest things maybe a bit too fast. 2010 will be a great year for Homeif you can't already tell. This year alone we have already had more than 400 content i believe.

Message 2 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Patch, I don't think you have to worry about getting banned for that It was constructive criticism. You have complaints and backed up what you said with examples. That's always good.

I don't know that it came out of closed beta to soon. There's really no way to test entire systems without opening things up to lots of people.

As for refund. You can get refunds on defective items or botched transactions. That's just the way the law works. As a general rule of thumb, never accept a "no" from someone not authorized to say "yes". If it matters to you keep going up the chain of command. If you are right, eventually someone will fix it. They are bound by law to refund money for items that were not delivered or that are defective. I've had to do this several times with things broken, not delivered at all, or not being delivered when promised after taking time off work.

That being said, I kind of find it funny that my gold suit doesn't always work. The whole thing is ridiculous anyway. The only reason I bought it was because the pricing made so many people complain.

But you bring up good points. The thing to remember is that spaces and items are released every thursday. they don't require any new coding or enhancements. The actual core updates do require code updates, and there are procedures for doing that so they take a bit longer and have to undergo a lot more testing before being released. The issues with the outfits could very well be a core issue, and it could be fixed. we would never know until the next client update.

think of Home like a box of legos. I can pump out different combinations of those legos and different buildings made with them every week if I want. For the most part the should work. if I decide to add a new lego or change existing ones, then I need to do more testing. That, in a nutshell, is the difference between content and core updates respectively.

edit-slightly OT. your topic title reminds me of my new favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9D34HVO2g

"To be or not to be? Well I guess that solves that one.
And I would have stayed in Wittenberg if I'd known that this would happen."

Message 3 of 35 (233 Views)
Fender Bender
3503 posts

Mar 24, 2010

footballrule wrote:

I think Home started Open Beta testing at a good time.They're slowly but at the same time quickly getting our wants and thoughts in Home. As for your suggestions, give it awhile, i think we suggest things maybe a bit too fast. 2010 will be a great year for Homeif you can't already tell. This year alone we have already had more than 400 content i believe.

Actually Footballrule... I ment comming out of Alpha test not Beta... yet I guess seeing that Alpha is Before Beta that that goes the same way... and Yes We do Have great content, yet Quality has not been fixed yet... Pumping out Content is Great, yet if the Quality is Lacking what is the point? Yes People are gona buy it cause some people just dont care... Not everyone is is the same as far as wanting Perfection from something they pay for... And Yes Sony wants money this is nothing new, yet if we the Testers dont tell them whats wrong they will continue to just pop out whats gona make them money, yet if we start letting them know we are not just gona throw them our money if they dont do it right maybe they will fix stuff before it get thrown out there, or at least take the time to Fix it when they know its broken...

Also It has been a good Year Footballrule, no doubt about that... And THe contents are good, its nice to see the Diversity... thats not what Im saying, Im trying to point out the problems that have not been fix for to much time, and alot of the things I will bring up are things that should have been fixed long ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tdarb Wrote...

Patch, I don't think you have to worry about getting banned for that :robotwink: It was constructive criticism. You have complaints and backed up what you said with examples. That's always good.

I don't know that it came out of closed beta to soon. There's really no way to test entire systems without opening things up to lots of people.

As for refund. You can get refunds on defective items or botched transactions. That's just the way the law works. As a general rule of thumb, never accept a "no" from someone not authorized to say "yes". If it matters to you keep going up the chain of command. If you are right, eventually someone will fix it. They are bound by law to refund money for items that were not delivered or that are defective. I've had to do this several times with things broken, not delivered at all, or not being delivered when promised after taking time off work.

That being said, I kind of find it funny that my gold suit doesn't always work. The whole thing is ridiculous anyway. The only reason I bought it was because the pricing made so many people complain.

But you bring up good points. The thing to remember is that spaces and items are released every thursday. they don't require any new coding or enhancements. The actual core updates do require code updates, and there are procedures for doing that so they take a bit longer and have to undergo a lot more testing before being released. The issues with the outfits could very well be a core issue, and it could be fixed. we would never know until the next client update.

think of Home like a box of legos. I can pump out different combinations of those legos and different buildings made with them every week if I want. For the most part the should work. if I decide to add a new lego or change existing ones, then I need to do more testing. That, in a nutshell, is the difference between content and core updates respectively.

edit-slightly OT. your topic title reminds me of my new favorite song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9D34HVO2g

"To be or not to be? Well I guess that solves that one.
And I would have stayed in Wittenberg if I'd known that this would happen."

I ment Alpha Tdarb... once it goes to Beta that means they were ready for Masses, and I honestly dont think they were, thats why there were so many small problems... there should have been a bit more testing... yet its past that point so not much can be done now... And I am glad its not Bannable, I wasnt sure, and As for cunstructive critisisum, that what I try to dom yet sometimes I come off as bully like, yet tomes dont show in Text, so I tried to point it out best I could...

Well As far as a Refund... Tdarb, I dont want a refund... Im not that kind of person... I want what I paid for... the way it was advertized and unbroken... yet Unlike you, Im not sure exactly how to go about it... How do I report something to the right people? Which brings up another subject... The process for the masses to Ask for the products to be fixed... there is not a decent system in play at this moment... And many people complain in Private and in Clubs yet not out in the open except in the Slew of Threads lost in the Masses... So if there was a better way to do this then I bet lots of poeople would be asking for the products to be fixed, which in turn would not be the best option for a buisness to profet from yet it is something that should be done...

LOL about you buying the suit cause people complained lol I thought it was because you were drunk... yet Its a serious problem Tdarb... I know its only a virtual Item, yet you paid 15 bucks none the Less... shouldnt you get the 15 dollar item you paid for free of flaws? It should always be Shiny and functional just like your head lol...

As for the Items being Core Problems, Im not sure what you mean, excuse my Stupidity, I was under a rock for about 2 years... (a really Heavy one) and about 8 years before that small peak from underneath... Yet if you mean that it can not  be fixed because of Programing limitations... Well I disagree... where there is a will there is a way, and if that one set doesnt work... Scrap it and Start from SCRATCH... Or When releasing an item note that it has flaws, dont be afraid to be honest so People know what the are getting... Like the Skirt for the Valentines day Photo event... the Legs get broken from the Skirt... even though its a free item, no one said anything... Same with the 15 dollar Suit... they made money off it and its Flawed yet didnt tell anyone... Tdarb They knew it was broken... I could see if they didnt know yet they Did Know... and Said nothing... thats just as bad as Lieing... Also Stuff Like false advertizement of the Den Space... Yes It was less pricy then others yet it was not what was advertized... Just liek the Reaper Suits... I would be very upset if I had Preordered from Amazon to get the Reaper suit and it wasnt what was Advertized... Actually I was still a bit Upset... These items are still very Awesome, and I know some one worked very hard on them, so no intention to critisize soemones creativity here, yet I am upset that Notes onthe items quality has been left out or that a broken item is not noted as one... Granted Someone might be less likely to buy a broken item, yet for all those who did buy it and were not told it was broken, some kind of Compensation should be made... I dont think people should get money back cause the company did provide an Item even if it was Virtual, yet I do think Credits for Future testing of Items might be a good option... or atleast a Patch to fix the broken items...

Also About that Song... lol Tdarb all your things become my Favs... your so cool with the content... I love the Song... Dull, no way... lol

Message 4 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1262 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Home so far as i understand actually has a pretty ruff and sorted history in its short life. I think one day all the garbage going on behind the scene's is gonna be brought out in the light and all this history will make perfectly good sence.  Great post patches , i cant believe i read it all. Twas a good read.

GamerIndepth.net!
Message 5 of 35 (233 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 24, 2010

I think the HCM's get more than enough constructive input in this forum. I think the open beta is fine. 1.30 was a bit rocky especially as it goes with log-in times. I think the one thing to keep in mind is that a revenue stream is healthy for the service. If Sony can't make money or if they lose a lot of money on Home we'd be a lot worse off.

I strongly believe the revenue stream will increase the interest of not only Sony but of the many developers that are critical if this service is to become what we all would like to see it become.

The Beta tag doesn't really bother me. If anything if they removed it at this point there would be some very serious criticism given the application just has too many bugs to say it is not a beta product.

Message 6 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3503 posts

Mar 24, 2010

HlPPE wrote:

Home so far as I understand actually has a pretty ruff and sorted history in its short life. I think one day all the garbage going on behind the scene's is gonna be brought out in the light and all this history will make perfectly good sense.  Great post patches , i cant believe i read it all. Twas a good read.

Hey Hippie, Comments from you always catch my attention... As far as Short life... I don't think its as short as people think... In comparison to other social networks yes... However from what I read its been in Development from 95 which is more then 10 years... As far as behind the scene's,  I don't KNOW as much as I would like to... Yet I have been reading more and More lately... Thank you for reading Hippie, if you have anything to add please feel free... I can use as much help as there is Available... With a development like this I think the more people who get involved the better... I know many people expect dif. Things from HOME and there is only so much a few people can do yet if it is a beta, then we should act more like Beta testers instead of Just Users...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Joanna_Dark_ Wrote...

I think the HCM's get more than enough constructive input in this forum. I think the open beta is fine. 1.30 was a bit rocky especially as it goes with log-in times. I think the one thing to keep in mind is that a revenue stream is healthy for the service. If Sony can't make money or if they lose a lot of money on Home we'd be a lot worse off.

I strongly believe the revenue stream will increase the interest of not only Sony but of the many developers that are critical if this service is to become what we all would like to see it become.

The Beta tag doesn't really bother me. If anything if they removed it at this point there would be some very serious criticism given the application just has too many bugs to say it is not a beta product

Well Yes Thye do get lots of Constructive input, However it is all Scattered like, and Much of it is for New Content, not much on fixing the problems that have yet to be fixed... you see some yet not nearly as much as New content requests, there needs to be more of a balance I think (just my thoughts on that subject) Yes Revenue is booming, yet the Revenue for HOME is Gluttonous not Healthy... Fat Wallets make Fat Egos Sometimes... And If they just keep heading towards HOW much Money they want instead of What is Best for the Program where will it lead in another year? People will get sick of Spending Money for Content eventually when they realize how much they have actually Spent... Now again Im not saying spending money on HOME is Bad, by all means, its your money, yet if you buy an item at a store, for Instance An Ice Tea and you open it and its a Coffee, would you take it back? I know its a bad analogy, yet Its all I could come up with at the moment... I know some would just Drink the Coffee... Yet some people don't like coffee or maybe they are allergic, so spitting it out and making a horrible face would be the reaction I can see happening...

As Far as Interest in other Services by company's in conjunction with Sony Is all well and Good, Yet HOME is a safe Haven For Gamers Even if it has Been turned into something else (Sadly) I am all for Networking and Getting People to Find new things and come up with all new Ideas, Yet We should get what it is We came to HOME for in the First Place...

As far as the Beta Tag being Removed right now... No I didn't say that Miss Joanna, I do think that Being In a beta that we are paying real money for Is a bit Odd and out of Place... Yet by no means Is it ready to be out of Beta... Look at all the Flaws we are all still facing... Like I keep saying, Beta Came too soon... I know that it was costing to much money to develop, hence the reasons for having to pay real money, yet There is No Indication that HOME is Losing Money any longer, so Maybe its time for it to reflect its profits in a manner that is not just making more money, Maybe its Time to go back to what started it, and fix years old Problems?

Message 7 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Patchex wrote:

Well Yes THye do get lots of Constructive input, However it is all Scattered like, and Much of it is for New Content, not much on fixing the problems that have yet to be fixed... you see some yet not nearly as much as New content requests, there needs to be more of a balance I think (just my thoughts on that subject) Yes Revenue is Healthy, yet the Revenue for HOME is Gluttonous not Healthy... Fat Wallets make Fat Egos Sometimes... And If they just keep heading towards HOW much Money they want instead of WHat is Best for the Program where will it lead in another year? People will get sick of Spending Money for Content eventually when they realize how much they have actually Spent... Now again Im not saying spending money on HOME is Bad, by all means, its your money, yet if you buy an item at a store, for Instance An Ice Tea and you open it and its a Coffee, would you take it back? I know its a bad analogy, yet Its all I could come up with at the moment... I know some would just Drink the Coffee... Yet some people don't like coffee or maybe they are allergic, so spitting it out and making a horrible face would be the reaction I can see happening...

How is it not healthy? I don't get that. You don't have to buy anything. It's not like they are making you pay a fee to access it. Relative to the items you buy in the store, yes there are some items that have issues but the vast majority of them work and work just fine. We've had probably over 1500 items of new content this year and how many of them have issues?

I'm a firm believer that if something sells there will be a market for it. If it doesn't there won't.That is not to say that a focus on public spaces and content for those isn't important because it is.

As Far as Interest in other Services by company's in conjunction with Sony Is all well and Good, Yet HOME is a safe Haven For Gamers Even if it has Been turned into something else (Sadly) I am all for Networking and Getting People to Find new things and come up with all new Ideas, Yet We should get what it is We came to HOME for in the First Place...

People continue say this. What is this something else it has been turned into? Is it because we don't have TV's, Music and a Trophy Room yet? What was home supposed to be that it isn't?  Granted we would all like to see more of a focus on gaming. I think game launching needs to be improved from inside home itself. Certainly we would all like to see more interactive games like poker, pool, and more in personal spaces (and that is supposedly a priority for the home developers this year) as well as more game related items in public spaces.

As far as the Beta Tag being Removed right now... No I didn't say that Miss Joanna, I do think that Being In a beta that we are paying real money for Is a bit Odd and out of Place... Yet by no means Is it ready to be out of Beta... Look at all the Flaws we are all still facing... Like I keep saying, Beta Came too soon... I know that it was costing to much money to develop, hence the reasons for having to pay real money, yet There is No Indication that HOME is Losing Money any longer, so Maybe its time for it to reflect its profits in a manner that is not just making more money, Maybe its Time to go back to what started it, and fix years old Problems?

What are these continued problems that home is facing? Could you be more specific? Can you list exactly what you'd like to see?

Message 8 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Patchex wrote:

Ok Let me first say, PLEASE don't BAN me... Im not here to get Banned, and I have been contemplating Making this thread (Topic) for a very long time... Also I am not going Kiss Up cause that's not my style, yet I do give props when they should be given, also this is not to Be rude or mean... This Threads Tone should be taken as Contemplating and Helpful as well as Critical in the Since that we the BETA testers should take back the Role of Beta tester...

I will be adding to this for a while hopefully if I don't get banned (And yes that is Fear you smell, I have worked so hard not to go completely Spastic and Delete myself or get myself banned so far so I hopefully this is not the Last Thread I make O_o) THis is going take a bit of time I think... Also I would Happily invite my fellow Testers to add what they like, yet this is not a suggestion thread, there are plenty of them already, no this is something different all together... And That's one of the things I hope to address in this Post. 

I'm going to ban you if you don't get to the point soon.  Smiley Tongue  But let's get real here you're not going to get ban from PSN or this BBS if you see something that other people don't.  The only way you're going to get ban is if you are rude, flameing or brakeing any of the other rules.  This forum was made to get feed back both good and bad.

Patchex wrote:

First I will Say that "HOME" was taken out of Alpha way to early, (That of Course is an opinion) and I do understand that there was no way for them to know how Hectic this Program would be, even though there were suggestions that it would be very overwhelming. I do understand it takes time to get things approved, and by no means is this a point a finger thread (Cause when you point a finger there are three more pointing right back at you...) Also I do feel that the guy that was in charge of making this Programs Development when it shifted Hands Sold Out... (However please don't take this the wrong way) I know people need to make money to live, I understand this ... I also Know that the funds needed to make it what it is today would not be possible if it had not changed Hands... So with that said, even though I feel it was a Sell out, I do still want to see it Prosper. I feel that they did what they thought they needed to to get done what needed to be done...

The facts are Sony was trying to keep Home away from us and not tell us anything about it.  But at some point in time there was a leak and once that got out we forced Sony to tell us more about it.  When Sony did come out about it we forced Sony to give it to us before it was done.  So we don't realy have anyone to blame other then our selfs on this one.

I also think Home was taken out of closed beta to early we where getting so much done in so little time.  They where taken our idea's and useing them in Home unlike the way the open beta has been going.

You are also right about the money the makers of Home where not going to keep doing there jobs forever with out getting paid and Home was not going to keep getting bigger tell it was made plublc.

Patchex wrote:

The Explanation That I saw that HOME was supposed to be a Gamers Social network yet has Become something more IS a cop out... Again please don't take this the wrong way... I will put it this way... Here is Why I have feared this... Look at it this way, I am not the biggest geek in the World by any means... Yet I think I am a Gamer, and no matter where I go it just doesn't fit the way it should, not to mention with the See of Social networks and Millions of People it is soooo very hard to meet other Gamers who not only Share Games yet also Share other Interest... So with that said, I am very sad to think that this Program might loss its roots Smiley Sad   ...  I do Know that there are some game based applications in HOME... Also I am a big Fan of them... I love the Idea of HOME, and was as Supportive as I could be... However in the Past few weeks I have seen some stuff that is Kinda disturbing... Not based on Users, yet Based on the Over all Developments Of HOME...

Phil's idea of what Home should be rocked!  A big chat room that we can goto to talk about the game's that we love.  The new idea of Home is to use these dumb mini game's (the problem I have with these is people just goto these spaces to play the mini game's and have no idea what the real game is all about.  So if you ask them a question about the real game they won't help you)  These mini game's are taken away our gamers social network.

Patchex wrote:

I know That We are considered Testers, However With the Sea of Complaints that are SCATTERED all over the Place and the Sea of new requests... HOME is Losing its Stability very very fast... I know its Making money and all and that's not what I mean... I mean in the Department of Quality... Granted They have been doing work on it and I know things take time.

For Starters, there is a Clause that there will be no Refunds, which Its hard to dispute this, yet is Refund in Credit a problem? Here is one of the Reasons I say this, and I know that others have said this. Some Items are badly Broken, or Glitched... And they take time to fix, However How much TIme is too much time... For Instance... The Gold Suits that Just sold for 15 bucks here in NA, are broken. (now not being a fan of Money or Gold I didn't personally Purchase this item, yet I have witnessed the Glitch first hand many times) Now the thing about this is, It was broken and it was known about 3 years ago... (O_o 3 Years... Seriously now) 3 years is a long time to let something that costs money like that to go unfixed... Again don't take this the wrong way... From what I understand there is a Chain of Command, and I know some one can't just do something they want to fix an Item, yet seriously 3 years... When a Tester tells you something is wrong, do you say "Oh well we will get to it when we feel like it" Humm... That is not good Business... Just like the Wedding Gown Vail Glitch... (Again one I don't own, weddings make me Sick...) however there are many who are not happy with the Glitch... Now its funny, they fix Harmless Glitches of an Avatar exploring nice scenery yet not the Paid Item Glitches... Now Granted I am not the Biggest Glitch Fan, actually I am against glitches Kinda cause it shows Flaws in the Programming, not to mention Flaws that reflect on the Testers and the Developers and the Whole Team... In Computers Perfection is a Virtue... I do Know that some enjoy glitching, just to see if it can be done... Some are cool to see nice scenery and cool effects, yet what is cool about a bald Bride or two people who paid 15 bucks for an Animation that doesn't work next to another person who owns the same suit? Not Cool...

I Know People love getting new Content like Clothes (I am Guilty of this one myself) However making New stuff before the old Stuff gets fixed makes the company look bad... Think about it, not only is it Beta (Open or Not) yet people are Paying Real money for these Items... And How many people have said these things here in the Forums already?

One of the Credit things I would like to Address was an experiment I did about a month ago... Now when the Ninja suits first came out... I got it in bits and Pieces... Cool enough, now I hear there is a new and different one, also it is at  a bundled price... Cool beans. So I said to myself, Humm is it going give me both suits so I bought it to test and NOPE it over Wrote my First one... Now that a Glitch that should have been fixed way back when... What if SOme one does it by accident... This Goes for all Bundled Items... If some one buys a bundle, why should they have to live with the Price of the whole items... Especially if they Paid full price... Now I know you guys got to make money... However if some one owns a whole suit, don't you think the bundle should show up as already bought?

Another big problem, and I know there have been improvements so great job on the effort yet its still not fixed... Lost items cause of Freezes... I can earn the Free Items for Arcades again, that's fine... Yet some things I can not get back... I had to reset many times During Xi, and I lost many things... Along with scores... Like I said I am by far not the Best...(there is always some one Better) Yet they were mine, and I spent time on them and it was cool to have the Items. One Item I can not get back,  A friend Shirt that I had Gotten form a site during Xi... Its gone and no where to be found I can see that improvements have been made to Record Won Items now, Great Job... However I think that One step further could be made... Send Receipts once a week or so like the Paid receipts, I know its most likely Automated, yet It can be that hard... Yes I know you guys must be Busy, yet Seriously... These things do need fixing...

I could go on for Days... And I probably am going to... I have to collect my thoughts some more before I start posting Pictures and More Problems, Yet Let me say again, This Is not meant to be taken as an Attack, (and Please don't attack in this thread) This is meant to be One Beta testers thoughts on some of the Stuff that could use new Direction in NA HOME (or a few testers if anyone else has anything to add, cause I by no means can catch all the Problems, I am only one person... Just like the Management and Others couldn't catch it all seeing as it seems to be a small staff... )

Yes, Sony is telling us that Home is still in open beta but if that's ture then they should not be asking us to buy there items.  As you pointed out some people buy items on Home just to find a bug or glich with thoes items.  Then Sony tell's you if you want that item or you're money back you're forced to call them up.  Even then there is no telling if you will get you're item when or if they will give you you're money back.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 9 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3503 posts

Mar 24, 2010

Ok, I did already, Yet Ill Repeat... and these are just a few there are Many... Ill try to to get more out there soon, trying to get some of the Pics and Videos ready for posting while working on a few other things too...

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Patchex wrote:

Well Yes THye do get lots of Constructive input, However it is all Scattered like, and Much of it is for New Content, not much on fixing the problems that have yet to be fixed... you see some yet not nearly as much as New content requests, there needs to be more of a balance I think (just my thoughts on that subject) Yes Revenue is Healthy, yet the Revenue for HOME is Gluttonous not Healthy...(Amir was the one that pointed out to me that HOME made Millions in Micro Transactions in the First Three weeks of OPEN Beta thats Gluttonous, Does the work so far cost that much? And that just the First weeks... Also another friend pointed out that the Average User spends more then a few Hundred dollars on HOME, and Look How many users there are) Fat Wallets make Fat Egos Sometimes... And If they just keep heading towards HOW much Money they want instead of WHat is Best for the Program where will it lead in another year? People will get sick of Spending Money for Content eventually when they realize how much they have actually Spent... Now again Im not saying spending money on HOME is Bad, by all means, its your money, yet if you buy an item at a store, for Instance An Ice Tea and you open it and its a Coffee, would you take it back?(Just one Example of this is the Den Space... there are Many yet that is the First one at the Moment that comes to Mind... many people were upset about this... From What I understand Neptune has the Robot and the animation works... Yet WHy no Dragon In the Den, I know it might be a problem with Core programming or what not like Tdarb says, yet the Advertizement showed a Baby Dragon... if We pay for it thats what we should have gotten.) I know its a bad analogy, yet Its all I could come up with at the moment... I know some would just Drink the Coffee... Yet some people don't like coffee or maybe they are allergic, so spitting it out and making a horrible face would be the reaction I can see happening...

How is it not healthy? I don't get that. You don't have to buy anything. It's not like they are making you pay a fee to access it. Relative to the items you buy in the store, yes there are some items that have issues but the vast majority of them work and work just fine. We've had probably over 1500 items of new content this year and how many of them have issues?

I know that you don't HAVE to spend Money, yet thats not the issue, the issue is that Some items that are Paid for dont work... even items that were winable are broken ... also there is talk of a service that costs money, and they keep saying that Clubs will come with a fee, which one of the things I had a problem with in the first place, when is enough money enough? As for Vast majority of Items Working fine... is that really true? Actually I have noticed that lots of Items do not work the way they are Advertized, and IF its just one item (which its not) then that is one more then there should be... and Im not saying this to be picky, yet thats what a beta is for, to find the ones that dont work so it can be fixed...

I'm a firm believer that if something sells there will be a market for it. If it doesn't there won't.That is not to say that a focus on public spaces and content for those isn't important because it is.

Well yes However there should be a Balance, people who pay money on HOME is not all the People who use HOME, so can't or dont spend money on HOME, what about them? THey should get Content still too right? Just because they are not paying does that not make them a User? HOME is Marketed as a free program, yet its not free like they say, in order to use the full contents of HOME you have to spend money in one way or another... even if you have friends with the clothes and Spaces Someone had to spend money... I say there should be at least one Free Winable Item for every Paid Item... I say this because there are those out there who can not afford a 20 dollar furniture bundle to furnish a 5 dollar space... Im not saying they should cut off thier revinue by stop making paid content... by no means would that make HOME a better Program... I am saying that make it fair for all users, not just the ones who spend Hundreds of Dollars... Yet also dont forget about the ones who do Spend money, cause they are the ones who are supplying the pay check...

Also this Part was to Address past issues not to further the Monetary success of HOME... That Will not stop anytime soon I dont think... SO many have spent so much already the wallets there will be fat for a long time...

As Far as Interest in other Services by company's in conjunction with Sony Is all well and Good, Yet HOME is a safe Haven For Gamers Even if it has Been turned into something else (Sadly) (I think it was Buser Him self that said HOME is something More, I would have to look into it again, yet thats what I remember, not that I have the Best Memory, by far I do not... Also From what I have read HOME was Ment to be a HUB for one Particular game, I remember When The Chess Game gave you a Trophy just for Playing 100 games even if you didn't win... And It was Glitched, all you had to do was click to play and Quit 100 times... and Poof a Trophy... What I was saying there was It was Ment to be a Virtual Social Network meant for Gamers... and I know that even non gamers Should be part of Something as great as HOME, However There are Many Social Networks, and Stuff Like SL, let them GO there... HOME should be for Gamers... I know they Spend Money too and They own PS3's if they Are on HOME now a days,( OR maybe they know someone that does... cause I doubt every HOME user is the Owner of the PS3 they are on... I Own and Paid a Pretty penny for Mine) yet why take it Away from the gamers like that? Don't We deserve Something Just for Us? Is the Money to be Made from Gamers Just not enough? Why should someone Like me who has spent my own Hard earned money on the Application not to mention Lots of time have to deal with a Person who has no intrest in Games which was the reason that HOME was Started. How many of the Users Give Back info on what they are Buying? The Numbers seem off to me How many of the Numbers spit out are actually just extra accounts...) I am all for Networking and Getting People to Find new things and come up with all new Ideas, Yet We should get what it is We came to HOME for in the First Place...

People continue say this. What is this something else it has been turned into? Is it because we don't have TV's, Music and a Trophy Room yet? What was home supposed to be that it isn't?  Granted we would all like to see more of a focus on gaming. I think game launching needs to be improved from inside home itself. Certainly we would all like to see more interactive games like poker, pool, and more in personal spaces (and that is supposedly a priority for the home developers this year) as well as more game related items in public spaces.

Now I can't say for sure, yet if they might already have the Tables and Tvs, and Radios... Yet what if they want to see how stupid we are before they release them, just to see how much we will dish out for them? Or Maybe its Red Tape... Yet With the Items in the Public spaces already I dont think its that they dont have them made already honestly... As for the Trophy room they do have it already ( I think yet Im not on the Inside so I dont know for Sure), Why they are not Releasing it I dont know maybe they will or tell us why they haven't soon... the Villians Lair is kinda like a trophy room, its a start... As far as the Launching, yes it coudl use a revamp... very much so...

What are these continued problems that home is facing? Could you be more specific? Can you list exactly what you'd like to see?

Well I know Drac is Gona kill me for this one lol Yet Im not a big Glitch fan... I do try the Glitches, and some are really cool cause they take you places that are different or do something wierd... However they are Flaws... Also I know some like the Glitches, yet some can be harmful... for instance if you remember the Ying Yang room, there were Glitchers that were in the Fish tanks, which from what I understad was not a good thing, so they FIxed it... Yet there are many Glitches that They knew about that still havent been fixed... for instance, they knew about the Chess one... and it was a real problem that disterbed Game play yet when they released it that week the Glitch was not fixed? Why? We might never know why it wasnt addressed, and these are things that should have been fixed even before the Open Beta was Realeased... if they knew about it it should have been fixed... LIke the Problems with thte Valentines day Skirt, it was brke and they Knew yet released it anyway... yet no mention that it was Broken... Same witht he Gold Suit... they Knew it was Broke, didnt fix it, and Released it anyway... I think the Girls Birthday Cake Hat was Glitched, and they didnt release it, yet they did for the Guys? Why give the Guys it yet not us?

there are Many many more, I will be trying to list them as I come accross them... My memory is foggy and it might take a while to spit out the problems I have come accross, yet HOMEs not going anywhere anytime soon lol SO Im gona take my time and try to get my thoughts together...

Message 10 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes