Highlighted
Dec 13 2009
By: the_original_se VP of Gaming 34136 posts

'Tis The Season To Be Ungrateful

121 replies 57 views Edited Dec 13, 2009

Im really disappointed at the Home community.

Here the Home Managers have finaly made an awesome event.

Theres snow in the plaza. A weather feature so many people have asked for for so long.

Theres a giant-ahem "Festive Tree" in the Plaza full of lights and decorations.

The Plaza is just full of Holiday spirit. Yet its filled with little Scrooges.

The event is both for the Holiday Season and for the 1 Year Anniversary of Home.

Yes, all of the items and puzzles will most likely reflect on this past year of Home. Oh boo-hoo to you who are complaining about one of the riddles answers being an item you have to buy. The answer was for an event in which if you wanted to enter you had to buy the item. No one complained then, but now for no reason people are complaining.

And it seems that those who are complaining have never once bought and item in Home. Im sorry, but those people dont have the right to complain. Sorry if you were expecting a bunch of free hand outs. God forbid a few of the prizes are for those of us who actually have backed Home and purchased things.

And look at the first remark the HCM's made about this event.

They said that we as a community must work together to make Home even better this Holiday. It appears that less than half the people on Home are actually enjoying this event while everyone else just sits around whining about it. Come the end of the event, all those complainers whill whine even more when it doesnt play out the way the HCM's wanted it to. And why? Because its all you complainers who did nothing to help.

Dont get me wrong, everyone has the right to complain when they want. But dont complain about things your at fault for. If you didnt buy the Ninja Outfit, tough luck. Life doesnt always go the way you wanted it to.

Those of you who dont have the outfit know what the prize is. If you want the prize so badly, buy the Ninja top. If you dont want the prize, then shut up.

And about those of you who are complaining about the goof up with the Male Ninja Top, it was just an error and im sure the HCM's are doing everything they can to fix it. Home is not sexist. The fact that anyone would say that just because of this is beyond me.

Final note.

Its the Holidays. Stop complaining and just be happy that we have such and event.

None of the other regions are having anything like this. If the HCM's wanted, they could have just put the tree in the Plaza, say "Happy Holidays" and walk away.

So be grateful we have HCM's that are willing to do such things for us, even durring the Holiday Season. Im sure they would rather be with their families than working on events for people who yell at them and criticize their work. 

Message 1 of 122 (57 Views)
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Re: 'Tis The Season To Be Ungrateful

Dec 13, 2009

Well thought out and spoken

Kudos.  

@Jim777PS
Message 2 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3914 posts

Dec 13, 2009

I think some complaints are more valid than others, and as such have a reason to complain, but other than that, you're right. I'm trying to remain in the middle, between positive and negative. But I have a feeling that it is only going to get worse, and I don't think more threads talking about how people are ungrateful or complaining is going to improve it at all. 

However, I am grateful that I received these items, because despite what people say, they were free, and I do enjoy them even if they aren't the best and most useful thing Home has to offer. And I feel I need to say this: Contrary to popular belief, just because it is Christmas season does not mean we are entitled to free items. I still believe that the complaint regarding the female ninja torso being excluded from opening the box holds a lot of merit though, hence why I made that thread in the first place.

Message Edited by ADAMPwns on 12-13-2009 03:39 PM
Message 3 of 122 (57 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Dec 13, 2009
well said
Haven't been here in forever...as LIN, ALL HAIL CYD SINCE CB!
Message 4 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Dec 13, 2009

They said that it will be free give away.

Message 5 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34136 posts

Dec 13, 2009

ADAMPwns wrote:
I think some complaints are more valid than others, and as such have a reason to complain, but other than that, you're right. I'm trying to remain in the middle, between positive and negative. But I have a feeling that it is only going to get worse, and I don't think more threads talking about how people are ungrateful or complaining is going to improve it at all. 

it just seems as if some of those who are complaining really have no insight on the subject.

hopefuly this will get the point across to them, so they realize that their whining is unnecessary.

and of course it will get worse in the next couple of days.

theres most likely going to be more riddles in which the answer is paid items. i dont even have some of the paid items that may be the answer, but im not going to complain about something im at fault for.

Message 6 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
900 posts

Dec 13, 2009
I agree with you Se. The reward is for those people who took part in I Love Ninjas Event. Isnt mandatory to get the reward.
Follow Me one Twitter: http://twitter.com/yingyangdr96
Follow Ying's Blog: http://yingyang96.blogspot.com/
Message 7 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34136 posts

Dec 13, 2009

JasonFrost wrote:

They said that it will be free give away.

no, no they did not.

Message 8 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Dec 13, 2009

yingyangdr96 wrote:
I agree with you Se. The reward is for those people who took part in I Love Ninjas Event. Isnt mandatory to get the reward.

what a great event

Haven't been here in forever...as LIN, ALL HAIL CYD SINCE CB!
Message 9 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 13, 2009

Absolutely right. None of the other Home regions are being asked to pay to participate in their events, and the Home team has shown an incredibly ungrateful attitude by asking Home users to pay for their xmas gifts. 

Message 10 of 122 (57 Views)
0 Likes