Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 20, 2013

YojimaruGinkiba wrote:
I have one of the spears, Dokuganryu armor and attack pills. My max attack is 77 after using pills. Blue Oni take 2 attacks to kill, Red take 8 and Gold takes 14. The blocking defense isn't near as good as the rods, but you're a LOT faster to compensate. The pole arm weapons also have a charge attack. It's very slow though and puts you in danger if you use it incorrectly.

The Demon armor has the same attack value as Dokuganryu, 8 less normal defense. Not sure how good that demon defense is, since I don't have that armor.

Going by the attack stars, Demon should give less.

Dokuganryu: 1+ stars, 9 attack

Fleeing: 1 stars, 5 attack

Demon: 1 stars

Message 51 of 331 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Demon has 1+ in the store.
Message 52 of 331 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 20, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

The_FPS wrote:
I would also like to know the actual attack stregth of the new weapons, ie how many hits to kill blue, red and gold. If possible include what type of armor you are wearing.

I bought the rod and full armor when the event started and doubt I will buy any other full armor set but might buy another weapon or two.

I got the weathercock weapon. It's not that great. It takes two hits for the blues. It takes a ton of hits for the red (I haven't counted) and a ton for the yellow ones. There is a press square to focus option that needs to be held to get the max strength for the weapon; however, doing so just leaves you sitting there. The black metal rod is much more efficient. I went for two runs on with the new weapon and I'm now back to using the metal rod. I can't really recommend anyone buy it. It gives you a greater weapon multiplier (1.35x) versus the metal rod (1.20x), but it takes more effort/time to run each time. 

What was the attack rating and what armor were you wearing?

Attack Rating: 70 (+7 with pill for strength)

Defense Rating: 40 (+4 with pill for defense)

This was using:

• Faceguard
  • Full Dokuganryu's Set (hat, chest, legs, shoes, eyepatch)
  • Pill for Strength
  • Pill for Defense
Message 53 of 331 (223 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I thought the eyepatch only gives you stylish points? BTW, why do you even need stylish points?
Message 54 of 331 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 20, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

The_FPS wrote:
I would also like to know the actual attack stregth of the new weapons, ie how many hits to kill blue, red and gold. If possible include what type of armor you are wearing.

I bought the rod and full armor when the event started and doubt I will buy any other full armor set but might buy another weapon or two.

I got the weathercock weapon. It's not that great. It takes two hits for the blues. It takes a ton of hits for the red (I haven't counted) and a ton for the yellow ones. There is a press square to focus option that needs to be held to get the max strength for the weapon; however, doing so just leaves you sitting there. The black metal rod is much more efficient. I went for two runs on with the new weapon and I'm now back to using the metal rod. I can't really recommend anyone buy it. It gives you a greater weapon multiplier (1.35x) versus the metal rod (1.20x), but it takes more effort/time to run each time. 

What was the attack rating and what armor were you wearing?

Attack Rating: 70 (+7 with pill for strength)

Defense Rating: 40 (+4 with pill for defense)

This was using:

• Faceguard
  • Full Dokuganryu's Set (hat, chest, legs, shoes, eyepatch)
  • Pill for Strength
  • Pill for Defense

Okay. Then the strength for the weapon is 34.

Message 55 of 331 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Lawlietfan83 wrote:
I thought the eyepatch only gives you stylish points? BTW, why do you even need stylish points?

Yep. It doesn't give any benefit in EDO. I just like how it looks. 

Message 56 of 331 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be skipping the weapons for now. Maybe get some later, but I guess it is back to the grind for my black rod and I.
7 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I do have another question. When you start a game they say if you have 7 or more stealth points you get to do a special move. Is the move that ninja triple slash jump?
Message 58 of 331 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Feb 20, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

The_FPS wrote:

I was hoping for more than a 1.35 bonus on those weapons. Using a base value of 500 points per round, that's 675 points instead of 600. If it's as slow as you say, it's probably a wash in terms of grinding efficiency; you'll get more points per round, but each round will take longer. Boo.

With the rod, I can one-hit blues and six-hit Cyclops with the jump attack (the Cyclops are also taking damage from my Samurai Guardian). Reds take 8 normal hits to kill, which can be lowered with beans or the Guardian. At Level 9, he seems to take one to two hits off a red, depending on how many shots he gets in.

I'm not seeing much reason to buy the new armor or weapons right now. Looks like the rod and guardian are the fastest way to go.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 59 of 331 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I can't imagine anyone sticking with the new halberd a for long. They are too weak. It was hard to kill blues for me. The attacks seemed VERY weak.

Is it possible that the weapon is defective? The demon sword had to be recalled cause it wasn't working right. Idk. This weapon seems really bad for the event.
Message 60 of 331 (159 Views)
0 Likes