Splicer
39 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 20, 2013
Just look up Tsukumogami, plenty of info online. I like researching mythology. The "hungry ghost" monsters are Gaki/Preta, the reincarnated souls of extremely jealous or greedy people. They are afflicted by a insatiable hunger, usually for repugnant and/or humiliating things, like human corpses or human waste. (There is a Gaki in the outhouses in the normal version of edo)
Message 41 of 331 (208 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Re: New Edo armor?

Feb 20, 2013

This a good decision since the armor is a bit pricey as well, it would be nice to know if its worth paying 1.99/2.99 for individual pieces to the armor

Message 42 of 331 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Re: New Edo armor?

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Unless you don't mind spending 2.99 for each piece, I personally wouldn't get it. I made it to the 60s just fine with no armour and a rod.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 43 of 331 (213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Battle for Edo Demon Samurai Armor Worth it?

Feb 20, 2013

I went to Granzella's facebook page to look at the stats of this new equipment.  The armor looks decent, but the halberg/lances have -3 star attack and -4 star defense.  Am I missing something?  Are those negative stars for the demons or for your character?  Is anyone else confused about the star system or is it just me?

Message 44 of 331 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I would also like to know the actual attack stregth of the new weapons, ie how many hits to kill blue, red and gold. If possible include what type of armor you are wearing.

I bought the rod and full armor when the event started and doubt I will buy any other full armor set but might buy another weapon or two.
1649 posts

Re: Battle for Edo Demon Samurai Armor Worth it?

Feb 20, 2013

Lawlietfan83 wrote:

I went to Granzella's facebook page to look at the stats of this new equipment.  The armor looks decent, but the halberg/lances have -3 star attack and -4 star defense.  Am I missing something?  Are those negative stars for the demons or for your character?  Is anyone else confused about the star system or is it just me?

4- is like a B-

4 is like B

4+ is like B+

Message 46 of 331 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 20, 2013

The_FPS wrote:
I would also like to know the actual attack stregth of the new weapons, ie how many hits to kill blue, red and gold. If possible include what type of armor you are wearing.

I bought the rod and full armor when the event started and doubt I will buy any other full armor set but might buy another weapon or two.

I got the weathercock weapon. It's not that great. It takes two hits for the blues. It takes a ton of hits for the red (I haven't counted) and a ton for the yellow ones. There is a press square to focus option that needs to be held to get the max strength for the weapon; however, doing so just leaves you sitting there. The black metal rod is much more efficient. I went for two runs on with the new weapon and I'm now back to using the metal rod. I can't really recommend anyone buy it. It gives you a greater weapon multiplier (1.35x) versus the metal rod (1.20x), but it takes more effort/time to run each time. 

Message 47 of 331 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 20, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

The_FPS wrote:

I got the weathercock weapon. It's not that great. It takes two hits for the blues. It takes a ton of hits for the red (I haven't counted) and a ton for the yellow ones. There is a press square to focus option that needs to be held to get the max strength for the weapon; however, doing so just leaves you sitting there. The black metal rod is much more efficient. I went for two runs on with the new weapon and I'm now back to using the metal rod. I can't really recommend anyone buy it. It gives you a greater weapon multiplier (1.35x) versus the metal rod (1.20x), but it takes more effort/time to run each time. 

What was the attack rating and what armor were you wearing?

Message 48 of 331 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I have one of the spears, Dokuganryu armor and attack pills. My max attack is 77 after using pills. Blue Oni take 2 attacks to kill, Red take 8 and Gold takes 14. The blocking defense isn't near as good as the rods, but you're a LOT faster to compensate. The pole arm weapons also have a charge attack. It's very slow though and puts you in danger if you use it incorrectly.

The Demon armor has the same attack value as Dokuganryu, 8 less normal defense. Not sure how good that demon defense is, since I don't have that armor.
Message 49 of 331 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Battle for Edo Demon Samurai Armor Worth it?

Feb 20, 2013
Gotcha, I thought it was set up that everyone had an average amount of stats and - took away and + added. Do we only have a week left to earn ogre rewards? I'd like to at least get the bikini before it ends
Message 50 of 331 (163 Views)
0 Likes