Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 19, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Japan's top leader has 2 million points. Right now our top leader has 1 million. That wouldn't even be enough to break top 10 there. Japan only had a week head start too.

My position 28th with 200k is 800k in Japan.

People are crazy.

A friend of mine from China says there are very few people playing at all.  Anyone who does play will be in the top 50. 

Message 31 of 331 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Japan's top leader has 2 million points. Right now our top leader has 1 million. That wouldn't even be enough to break top 10 there. Japan only had a week head start too.

People are crazy.

A friend of mine from China says there are very few people playing at all.  Anyone who does play will be in the top 50. 

That's not exactly right. Except for Lizette-Karen, the Home Asia scores are slightly higher than NA's for the top ten. But then it drops off quickly.  There are currently only 150 players in Asia. So you won't score in the top 100 unless you win a few times.  But if you score a single kill and manage to exit, you will earn the ears and boots reward. But someone still has to kill those two yellows or your score won't count.

Just checked. Currently in Asia:

you need 486,000 to be in the top 10

you need 60,000 to be in the top 50

and only 3400 to be in the top 100

150 players total right now.

btw, It's possible to get a good score still without paying much money. I was able to start last wednesday and last night I got into the top 100. And I didn't buy any armor at all. And I didn't buy the Edo apartment. I just had the black metal rod and the one restoration medicine.

I recorded myself doing the Ogre Extermination and uploaded it to youtube to help a friend. I also added annotations. It won't help experienced players here, but for anyone starting or thinking of starting, it's a good tutorial. 

http://youtu.be/obqGCLY56GM

Though Ive gotten alot better since then. And I'll be adding a new video soon to show a different tactic for fighting ogres than what's in the videos. 

Message 32 of 331 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Eddo

Feb 20, 2013

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:

Haziness wrote:

Lumberyard wrote:

People are crazy.

That's not exactly right. Except for Lignite-Karen, the Home Asia scores are slightly higher than Ana's for the top ten. But then it drops off quickly.  There are currently only 150 players in Asia. So you won't score in the top 100 unless you win a few times.  But if you score a single kill and manage to exit, you will earn the ears and boots reward. But someone still has to kill those two yellows or your score won't count.

Just checked. Currently in Asia:

you need 486,000 to be in the top 10

you need 60,000 to be in the top 50

and only 3400 to be in the top 100

150 players total right now.

BTW, It's possible to get a good score still without paying much money. I was able to start last Wednesday and last night I got into the top 100. And I didn't buy any armor at all. And I didn't buy the Eddo apartment. I just had the black metal rod and the one restoration medicine.

I recorded myself doing the Ogre Extermination and uploaded it to youth to help a friend. I also added annotations. It won't help most players here, but for anyone starting or thinking of starting, it's a good tutorial. 

http://youtu.be/obqGCLY56GM

Though Eve gotten a lot better since then. And I'll be adding a new video soon to show a different tactic for fighting ogres than what's in the videos. 

I have around 13,000 points and that placed me around the 500 mark. That could have changed. People, I wouldn't get below the 10,000  marker if  you want any of the leadership rewards just to be on the safe side.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 33 of 331 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Wow. The demon armor is expensive. $3 per piece except for the boots

Full worn out: $7

Full Fleeing: $7

Full Dokuganryu: $9

Full demon: $11

Message 34 of 331 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Feb 20, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Wow. The demon armor is expensive. $3 per piece.

Agreed, but it's a good thing that everyone got 10 free PSN dollars.

;-)

Message 35 of 331 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Feb 20, 2013

What's the attack rating for the new weapons?

Message 36 of 331 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 20, 2013
What's demon attack strength vs just regular mean? What will it mean when the game goes back to normal? Aren't all the "bad guys" demons?
Message 37 of 331 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Feb 20, 2013
Demon attack strength means that the weapon does extra damage against demons, such as Oni. When the game goes back to normal, assuming they don't change things, that bonus will only apply to the Oni I think.

Not all monsters are demons, most of the monsters (the umbrellas, lanterns and water barrel) in the normal version are Tsukumogami, normal objects that gained a soul after reaching 100 years of age.
Message 38 of 331 (204 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Feb 20, 2013

YojimaruGinkiba wrote:
Demon attack strength means that the weapon does extra damage against demons, such as Oni. When the game goes back to normal, assuming they don't change things, that bonus will only apply to the Oni I think.

Not all monsters are demons, most of the monsters (the umbrellas, lanterns and water barrel) in the normal version are Tsukumogami, normal objects that gained a soul after reaching 100 years of age.

Where did you read or hear that? That's interesting.

Antonio Xul
Message 39 of 331 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

New Edo armor?

Feb 20, 2013
Can anyone please tell me how good the new armor is in the ogre game? How many hits to kill a red ogre? Or. Yellow? Is the halberd any better than the metal rod? I'm debating a purchase but am not sure. I've made it up to the 83rd rank with just the metal rod and medicine, no armor. But if its really good I may need to get it so I won't lose my rank.

^_^;;
Message 40 of 331 (220 Views)
0 Likes