Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/12/2010
Offline
872 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 28, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Ren_Echo wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) Well, as expected, I've been bumped out of the top fifty, but frustratingly, only by a little bit. I'm rank fifty-two. About 5,400 points difference. Ah, well. I have the whole kitty outfit for top hundred, which was my real goal. Aiming higher was just for insurance....

Congrats to Ren_Echo for making rank fifty even. Good work, man!

Thanks Danger_Dad! I admit I got a little discouraged for a while that night and stopped playing but I eventually went back and somehow slipped in at the minute.  Its unfortunate you had to work that night as I know how much time you put into this and had you been able to play I'm sure you would have been able to maintain your position on the leaderboard.


Congrats to you too! I mean when I first started out..I was doing well but when the points stopped adding I gave up. I guess that was a dumb decision because It made me end in below the Top 100 by just a few points (I believe my rank was 96). Well having half the outfit is better than having none of it. Congrats that you made it! Smiley Happy


Thank you very much. Its a shame that there were points glitches like that, Home can be so buggy at times. I think the tiger feet and ears still make for a nice outfit even without the hands. Congrats on making top 400, hopefully you had some fun along the way.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif



Message 321 of 331 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/18/2011
Offline
2760 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 28, 2013
StardustChampion wrote:

I can't be the only person who presumed Granzella did this on purpose.

 

The space is in reward mode. Relax and enjoy it. *sighs*

 

 

That is my assessment also. The game space has a limited memory. The Demon rewards and the Leaderboard probably use too much memory for the Time Turner store to function. It would be nice if the Ogre game was available as a 2nd option when the game returns to normal.The Demon armor and weapons are inferior choices for the original EDO game. Thus, the Demon rewards were basically purchased for the price of the armor and weapons. However, the greater ease of getting ryo was worth the price.

 

 

 

 


 

Posted Image

 
Message 322 of 331 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 28, 2013

8a06e70ff296e22ec237854b3f4bbcf6.png

 

Message 323 of 331 (299 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Online
3880 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Mar 1, 2013
:^/ You know what, Emerald? I just checked it, and it's not actually working yet. Dang.
Message 324 of 331 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Mar 1, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ You know what, Emerald? I just checked it, and it's not actually working yet. Dang.

I had a ton of left over RYO after the event and those seemed to be gone. I would hope they are returned. I have all the rewards at this point but they add more I'd like to be able to use what I earned for them. 

Message 325 of 331 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Mar 1, 2013

Your ryo (currency, not an acronym) is still there, it just isn't displayed in the HUD.

 

Try reading before you post.

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 326 of 331 (247 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/16/2009
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Mar 1, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ You know what, Emerald? I just checked it, and it's not actually working yet. Dang.

I had a ton of left over RYO after the event and those seemed to be gone. I would hope they are returned. I have all the rewards at this point but they add more I'd like to be able to use what I earned for them. 


I didn't have time to spend any of my Ryo.  The last few days when I thought I might make top 100 I hardly even checked the leaderboard, but when the leaderboard was going up by 20k a day I gave up and just ignored Edo. Then I tried to remember what I did on Home before these last few weeks.

 

I hope the fix comes soon so I can see what kind of junk I can buy off that old lady.  I am sure I have a ton of Ryo saved up.  Is there any in game items that are sold there?  I never played Edo before this event and now that I have some armor and a mallet I am sure I will be back for some of the other levels people were talking about.

___________________________________________
Message 327 of 331 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/01/2003
Offline
3346 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

The_FPS wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ You know what, Emerald? I just checked it, and it's not actually working yet. Dang.

I had a ton of left over RYO after the event and those seemed to be gone. I would hope they are returned. I have all the rewards at this point but they add more I'd like to be able to use what I earned for them. 


I didn't have time to spend any of my Ryo.  The last few days when I thought I might make top 100 I hardly even checked the leaderboard, but when the leaderboard was going up by 20k a day I gave up and just ignored Edo. Then I tried to remember what I did on Home before these last few weeks.

 

I hope the fix comes soon so I can see what kind of junk I can buy off that old lady.  I am sure I have a ton of Ryo saved up.  Is there any in game items that are sold there?  I never played Edo before this event and now that I have some armor and a mallet I am sure I will be back for some of the other levels people were talking about.


The Oni masks offer some defense points, I believe.

 

Also, the 3900 - 9900 tea caddies and tea pots unlock the expansion in the Gz Teahouse Space, so if you have that or ever think you might get it, one of those would be a good investment. I believe two of the teapots can be swapped out with the built in teapot in the personal space as well.

Message 328 of 331 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/23/2009
Offline
183 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Jul 15, 2013
Anyone know what the skeleton in the middle stall is supposed to do? The game won't let me select him even though there's an option too.
Message 329 of 331 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
2038 posts
 

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Jul 15, 2013

Fiend009 wrote:
Anyone know what the skeleton in the middle stall is supposed to do? The game won't let me select him even though there's an option too.

The skeleton in the stall during the game is just there for humor basically but since (x) is the same as the jump feature, it can make it very difficult to access him.

When/if you happen to press (x) on the skeleton he will just display a certain text saying...

Spoiler
"Do you feel bad for me? I died in the washroom" (something similiar to that)

it has no actual useful features in game though, so think of it as an easter egg of sorts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 330 of 331 (106 Views)