Wastelander
631 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

Feb 21, 2013

HearItWow wrote:

The 100,000 reward is a demon tea kettle that one would assume works in the Japanese Teahouse space. Worth the grind? Maybe...depends on how much of a Granzella completist you are, I suppose.

So the sense I'm getting is that the lance or the halberd can be good with the better Samurai armor. Has anyone tried them with the demon armor? I'd love the extra points per round, but I'm still really on the fence about grinding up to 100,000.

Yes, the Demon armor is just as good as the Dokuwhatever armor. It's only weak point is the defense, which really isn't much. If you're good enough to make it without getting hit, then the 2 armors are equals, but if you still get constantly hit doing this, then maybe the Demon armor would be a small disadvantage, but in reality, not much. I wear the Demon armor now, just for its aesthetics. It just looks so cool compared to the other armors. I can make it without getting hit, so I am OK with this armor as far as gameplay goes. So if gameplay is the reason you'd buy the Demon armor, it's better if you stick with the Dokuwhatever armor for the extra defense.

Antonio Xul
Message 91 of 331 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Edo Row Houses

Feb 21, 2013

I have a question about how this item works.  So you buy the space and if you need to recover you go there and your health goes up?  Is this how it works?

Message 92 of 331 (300 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29220 posts

Re: Edo Row Houses

Feb 21, 2013

Yes.

And we can decorate and furnish the place.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 93 of 331 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Thank you Conrad. 

Message 94 of 331 (291 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29220 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

You're welcome.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 95 of 331 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Y2David wrote:

I find the weapon pretty nice, yea is not much damage as the rod, thou its quick and I can kill a red befre he charges me, it does have less defence which can get you killed if not careful, thou I see the benefit to the weapon as it does give you more points at the end and can be done fast.

here is a vid run I did earlier for those curious on how it is

Thanks for the video!! That was interesting to see. I was curious what a full armor and halberd run looked like.  That's alot faster than how I do it.  I've finished with my main acct, but am still grinding on my second. I don't have any armor at all, so it takes longer to do each run. 

Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 331 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:
What are dolls, Jo?

Those are from the shooting gallery and you can buy a bunch of them from the Old Lady. Currently the mini ones aren't unlocking. 

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

F1REFLY_SEREN1TY wrote:
What are dolls, Jo?

Those are from the shooting gallery and you can buy a bunch of them from the Old Lady. Currently the mini ones aren't unlocking. 

ah, thanks jo! I was confused when you switched topics from the Ogres to the blowgun game. Plus there's a doll thing in the ogre game that also added to the confusion.

It's nice to know that the doll fix is on it's way! Smiley Happy

Message 97 of 331 (273 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1031 posts

Feb 21, 2013

What is this about

Message 98 of 331 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Feb 21, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I have a question about how this item works.  So you buy the space and if you need to recover you go there and your health goes up?  Is this how it works?

If you own the Edo Row houses, a magic circle appears in the game. In the game, if you go down between the two tenement buildings, in the second to the last room on the right you will see the magic symbol. Touch it and it will heal you fully as many times as you want during the game.

But to be honest, I usually only need one heal if I need any at all. So buying the Recovery Medicine for $0.99 instead of $4.99 for the apartment was a better deal. 

Message 99 of 331 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
871 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

The 100,000 reward is a demon tea kettle that one would assume works in the Japanese Teahouse space. Worth the grind? Maybe...depends on how much of a Granzella completist you are, I suppose.

So the sense I'm getting is that the lance or the halberd can be good with the better Samurai armor. Has anyone tried them with the demon armor? I'd love the extra points per round, but I'm still really on the fence about grinding up to 100,000.

I need 3 more of the 9900 teapots and I have about 7000 ryo now for one of them. I'm getting close to 85,000 points so I want the teapot given i suspect I'll get the other two when they have another event or introduce a new mission and maybe some new rewards. 

The most frustrating thing for me at the moment is running a mission (and I'm not using a club so no bonus) and not have it save to my point total. I don't know what is up with that. 

I'm also collecting the dolls and Granzella has tweeted this morning that a fix is coming for those not unlocking. Hopefully they'll unlock without having to hit them again. 

That's great news regarding the mini dolls. Hopefully, I will now be able to get the rotten food rewards as well.

"...All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall." -Delenn, Babylon 5

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 100 of 331 (262 Views)
0 Likes