Feb 17 2013
By: Hazgazemos Hekseville Citizen 269 posts

Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

[ Edited ]
330 replies 1083 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

The fastest way to grind points is getting your attack up.  The samurai armor + mask and black rod give me 89 attack power and 40 def.

Oni-beans and recovery medicine help.

89 attack power kills Blue ogre in 1 hit, Red ogre in 5, Cyclops in 8. 

I use oni-beans to pull red ogres to me.  3 oni-beans = 1 hit. 

If red ogre is going to charge, put some space between you and ogre, he will aim at you while you are moving.  Once he starts running he can't aim so just step to the side.  Like matadors do in bull fighting.

Red ogres health is less than 5 hits from black rod. They die from 4 hits and 1 oni bean. 

With the stats above I can kill all the ogres before 15min warning.  So that is all ogres dead within 5min.  Not including the escape time to get to the light becon.  So roughly 6min to finish the mission.  Depending on escape point will net you 612-660 pts per battle.

This is the benefit of having high attack power.  Depending on route and method of avoiding damage, defense is not much of an issue.

Easy kill:

Blue ogres light up and jump.  stand back a little bit wait for them to jump and walk under them. They will jump over you  and land behind  you, turn around and swing.  No damage taken. 

Don't forget to use terrain to your advantage.  Be aware of your surroundings.  Nothing sucks more than getting pinned by a charging red ogre and you can't get out.  Know where your back is facing.  When in doubt block first, then swing Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 331 (1,083 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Tips for Grinding Operation Defend Edo

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

It's more time efficient to not go after the 3 blues by the river unless you get the bridge exit.

Message 2 of 331 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Feb 18, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

It's more time efficient to not go after the 3 blues by the river unless you get the bridge exit.

With loading times included the 3 blue ogres only changes points per minute average by one pt (from ~83.4 to 82.7) if you can finish winthin 5.5 min with 2 min load times.

So...it really depends on you exact amount of play time to be hyper effiecient about it.  So my general rule is if I only have a few min of play time I go for them so I can get that extra 36pts. per playthrough.  It would take about 14 playthroughs before I started getting more efficient and I just dont play for more than an hr and just try to get a few completions in a day.

1317 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Also, if you're in a real hurry, you can actually go to your navigator and choose to go back into the game through your recently visited section before it completely loads you back in town. It's not much time, but it does save you some. ^^

Message 4 of 331 (1,030 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2013

opps

Message 5 of 331 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Feb 18, 2013

hellokittyxo wrote:

Also, if you're in a real hurry, you can actually go to your navigator and choose to go back into the game through your recently visited section before it completely loads you back in town. It's not much time, but it does save you some. ^^

I do this. Only I have the game space added to my Favourites.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 331 (1,017 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3408 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

The fastest way to grind points is getting your attack up.  The samurai armor + mask and black rod give me 89 attack power and 40 def.

Oni-beans and recovery medicine help.

89 attack power kills Blue ogre in 1 hit, Red ogre in 5, Cyclops in 8. 

I use oni-beans to pull red ogres to me.  3 oni-beans = 1 hit. 

If red ogre is going to charge, put some space between you and ogre, he will aim at you while you are moving.  Once he starts running he can't aim so just step to the side.  Like matadors do in bull fighting.

Red ogres health is less than 5 hits from black rod. They die from 4 hits and 1 oni bean. 

With the stats above I can kill all the ogres before 15min warning.  So that is all ogres dead within 5min.  Not including the escape time to get to the light becon.  So roughly 6min to finish the mission.  Depending on escape point will net you 612-660 pts per battle.

This is the benefit of having high attack power.  Depending on route and method of avoiding damage, defense is not much of an issue.

Easy kill:

Blue ogres light up and jump.  stand back a little bit wait for them to jump and walk under them. They will jump over you  and land behind  you, turn around and swing.  No damage taken. 

Don't forget to use terrain to your advantage.  Be aware of your surroundings.  Nothing sucks more than getting pinned by a charging red ogre and you can't get out.  Know where your back is facing.  When in doubt block first, then swing Smiley Happy

Wow, Since Im going to go out and buy PSN cards tomomorrow I'll buy it. I'm doing fine right now using 43 attack power but it takes longer. I never die much anymore, and if I do, it's always bye a red ogre Smiley Sad

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 7 of 331 (987 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Feb 18, 2013

On the armor multiplier on the end score screen, what's the best multiplier available? I am currently getting x1.20, but I didn't know if there was a better option.

Message 8 of 331 (955 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2693 posts

Feb 18, 2013
As of right now, x1.2 is the best, but that may change come Wednesday.

A very (very) basic LBP level... by me. http://lbp.me/v/pj9eqq
(PS: Blank Friend Requests WILL be deleted!)
Message 9 of 331 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Am I right to think the Oni Armor has both a sword and an axe coming?
Support Forums
Message 10 of 331 (887 Views)
0 Likes