Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview

May 22, 2013

Julie, that link is broken... this one should work:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Xbox-One-Discussion/td-p/40417463

I missed the reveal, and didn't realize it went badly, but also not surprised if it did go badly.  I definitely got the impression that Sony forced Microsoft's hand back in February, and now they are both just trying to grab the most attention even though clearly neither is ready for prime time yet.  E3 should be a real eye opener, that's for sure.

As for Phil Harrison, it will be interesting to see what influence he has on the new Xbox.  Healthy competition is a good thing, so I hope both Sony and Microsoft continue to compete, as we all benefit from it by getting better products at lower costs.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 21 of 35 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

May 22, 2013

U do know we are PS users... We don't use that other one...  Yes ONE as the other company seems to not know how to count....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 22 of 35 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Julie, that link is broken... this one should work:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Xbox-One-Discussion/td-p/40417463

I missed the reveal, and didn't realize it went badly, but also not surprised if it did go badly.  I definitely got the impression that Sony forced Microsoft's hand back in February, and now they are both just trying to grab the most attention even though clearly neither is ready for prime time yet.  E3 should be a real eye opener, that's for sure.

As for Phil Harrison, it will be interesting to see what influence he has on the new Xbox.  Healthy competition is a good thing, so I hope both Sony and Microsoft continue to compete, as we all benefit from it by getting better products at lower costs.

Thanks for the corrected link D. The reveal is worth searching for and watching, it was spectacularly bad lol. MS must have missed the PS3 only does everything slogan back in 2007 lol.

Message 23 of 35 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 22, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

U do know we are PS users... We don't use that other one...  Yes ONE as the other company seems to not know how to count....

I've never owned the other console, but judging from the comments on twitter yesterday a lot of PS3 owners do. I'm sure they'll sell to their fanboys, oh and the 12 people that have bought a Windows phone will be able to use it to control their new console lol.

Message 24 of 35 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sadly for XBOX fans, Phil seems to have had as little influence on the One as he did on Home. He likely struck a vision, pitched it to us and the board and the end product is not the same.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 25 of 35 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 22, 2013

Time machine..

Begin Time Travel.

Home start up. 2008

Home startup1.png

"World Map"

BetaScreen1.png

Beta screen2.png

Go to Present Day. .

Home Start up. May, 2013

Capture_000.JPG

"World Map''

Capture_000.JPG

Capture_002.JPG

Capture_003.JPG

Alternate Time Line Future, 2014

5ygodw.png

Future not set in current Time Line. End Time Travel.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 26 of 35 (274 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

May 23, 2013

Here's a post Xboxone (Xbone lol) Reveal interview with Phil. He does a lot of talking but I still don't think he's making the case for people to buy it. New and Improved? Come on!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408688/interviews/interview-phil-harrison-on-xbox-one-indies-pr...

Message 27 of 35 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

May 23, 2013
4 > one

Simple math, people.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 28 of 35 (233 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

May 23, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Time machine..

Begin Time Travel.

Home start up. 2008

Home startup1.png

"World Map"

BetaScreen1.png

Beta screen2.png

the sound of those tiles clicking on the floor, OH THE NOSTALGIA! Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 35 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

May 23, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

the sound of those tiles clicking on the floor, OH THE NOSTALGIA! Smiley Very Happy

Added those sounds to my latest video' Smiley Wink

HomeStationMagazine
Message 30 of 35 (224 Views)
0 Likes