Reply
May 17 2013
By: julie_love Fender Bender 2040 posts
Offline
Accepted Solution

Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview

[ Edited ]
34 replies 779 views Edited May 22, 2013

Update 5/22, Yesterday was the big Xbox reveal and there is already a very active thread on the reveal here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Xbox-One-Discussion/td-p/40417463/jump-...

 

Let's keep this thread focussed on the possibility of something like Home on either the PS4, or the updated Xbox, and what Phil's role is in the update.

 

I was replying to the Home on PS4 thread and found this amazing MTV interview with Phil Harrison from 2007. What I found amazing is that he outlines many of the features that made Home so cool to so many people.

 

I was wondering what Home would look like today if Phil and the original PS3 team were still making the decisions.

 

Take a lookie when you have a chance www.spike.com/video-clips/nq21lv/mtv-news-phil-harrison-talks-playstation-home

Message 1 of 35 (779 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/14/2010
Offline
2518 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

Well Hi there stranger Woman Happy

Message 2 of 35 (774 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

Well Hi there stranger Woman Happy


I know it's Ms. Love! She needs to spend more time here!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 35 (728 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/31/2010
Offline
2040 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

Well Hi there stranger Woman Happy


I know it's Ms. Love! She needs to spend more time here!  Smiley Happy


I'll be back as soon as I can lay my hands on a PS3. ^_^ I've been travelling and I do miss Home and my friends. We'll have to have a reunion when I getback. ~_^

Message 4 of 35 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/20/2008
Offline
8666 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

julie_love wrote:

I was replying to the Home on PS4 thread and found this amazing MTV interview with Phil Harrison from 2007. What I found amazing is that he outlines many of the features that made Home so cool to so many people.

 

I was wondering what Home would look like today if Phil and the original PS3 team were still making the decisions.

 

Take a lookie when you have a chance www.spike.com/video-clips/nq21lv/mtv-news-phil-harrison-talks-playstation-home


Still waiting for that motion control to find it's way on to Home also "The Hall of Fame"

***********************************
Folding@home Team #118000
***********************************
GAPHome

             

               General

Message 5 of 35 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/31/2010
Offline
2040 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

julie_love wrote:

I was replying to the Home on PS4 thread and found this amazing MTV interview with Phil Harrison from 2007. What I found amazing is that he outlines many of the features that made Home so cool to so many people.

 

I was wondering what Home would look like today if Phil and the original PS3 team were still making the decisions.

 

Take a lookie when you have a chance www.spike.com/video-clips/nq21lv/mtv-news-phil-harrison-talks-playstation-home


Still waiting for that motion control to find it's way on to Home also "The Hall of Fame"


There were a few things he mentioned in the interview that we haven't seen, like the Trophy Room. What I found interesting is all the original ideas his team came up with while designing Home.

 

Don't forget, Phil left Sony in 2008 and for the past year he's been working on the succesor to the Xbox. It will be interesting to see what inovations they introduce that never made it into the PS3 or Home.

Message 6 of 35 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Interesting Julie-I had never seen that particular interview. Phil was the man with the vision--I always wonder the same thing about how Home could have headed in a much different direction with him at the helm of its management. Unfortunately, I think he probably realized that his vision was not going to come to full fruition as long he was serving under the iron fist of the Sony empire. He quietly moved onto bigger and better things and I give him credit for that......but ohh what could have been.



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 7 of 35 (660 Views)
Shinra Executive
Registered: 05/22/2009
Offline
29271 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

It would be somewhat ironic for Microsoft to introduce a fully fledged virtual world on their new console where Sony does just the opposite  and decides to not continue Home on the PS4.

 

I suppose we'll know soon enough. 

Message 8 of 35 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

WOW...Grrrrrrrrrrreat find and thanks for sharin that Julie

Message 9 of 35 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/15/2011
Offline
407 posts
 

Re: Time Machine: Phil Harrison Pre Home Open Beta MTV Interview from 2007

May 17, 2013

Doesnt he work for microsoft now?

Message 10 of 35 (622 Views)
0 Likes