Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: Thoughts on why some are disrespectful in Social Gaming/Home

Jan 3, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I've learned to mind my own business, and not take anything serious on Home, you can't change people and life is to short to sit on Home and argue with them.

ohhh! so wat kinda busisness do you have? are u like a lawyer or dentist or office worka or office mahnager or hat maker or sumpthin?

========================================

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipTVShow

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChipTVShow
Message 51 of 76 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
558 posts

Jan 3, 2013

ChippahTV wrote:

tss

yah! i wondah why some are this respectfull in socialgaming/home or sumpthin

dats wat the title says right??

Yes that's the title says. Good for you! You can actually read! Now all you need to do is learn how to speak and spell, and you'll be all set. Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 76 (218 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6191 posts

Jan 3, 2013

ChippahTV wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

I've learned to mind my own business, and not take anything serious on Home, you can't change people and life is to short to sit on Home and argue with them.

ohhh! so wat kinda busisness do you have? are u like a lawyer or dentist or office worka or office mahnager or hat maker or sumpthin?

That's my business.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 53 of 76 (216 Views)
Sackboy
407 posts

Jan 3, 2013

oprah.jpg

JerrySpringer_and_Emmy3.jpg

r-MAURY-POVICH-large570.jpg

dr phil.jpg

These people would LOVE this thread!!

Message 54 of 76 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2254 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Upon reading all replies in this thread, am compelled to throw a 2 cents in.

Humans are products of their environment. All behaviors are learned behaviors.

Some will say that human nature is a factor, and that humans by their nature, are competitive, and that much of the negative behaviors we encounter in Home or forums such as this, are little more than attempts to establish dominance.

Am inclined to believe that this is simply not true. There is no such thing as human nature. Any twinkle of it died long ago with the advent of "civilization"... which is, of course, a falsity unto itself. Humans are not civilized - they are barbaric... because of their environment (society).

What is the one real contributing factor to human behavior? Society.

In today's society nothing is more important than wealth and power. Humans begin to learn this very early on in life.

Negative and/or destructive behaviors will not change until society changes.

Only once humans truly begin to care for their planet and all of its peoples, will peace and love be realized.

Until then, the human race is destined to harm itself... without ever realizing it in any significant way.

GISignature
Message 55 of 76 (207 Views)
MVP Support
3816 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

When you meet someone in the real world it would be strange to see them be disrespectful in public right off the bat. Why do you think some Social Gaming/Home users are this way? How do you handle it? How do we find resolution to this issue? Discussion is yours.

In the real world, I've been hit by disrespect.  I've been in many fields that would have situations like this encounter me.  The way I handle it out in the real world is complete different then the gaming or social network.  Reason I say this is because people out there would most likely know me, and perhaps disliked what I did or had to do.  People know me here also, but I keep things slim on the social network or gaming world.

I guess the practice I learned out there made me tough for situations on here.  It's simple for me to realize that most disrespect on here is someone behind a TV. Screen being someone they can't be or want to be and need practice.  I let those people go in one eye and out the other.  Of course I might be thinking I wish I could reach through the TV. Screen, but I would prefer not to for the safety of my 3D TV.

I've received disrespect from haters and I love them.  They only give me practice on future situations.  When I talk to them (Which I will) they try to fire words at me that only a Billy goat would care to hear.  I ignore the incoming cross fire (Rapid fire) and say, "I need another Platinum trophy".  I simply show happiness and give the disrespectful situations no feeding room.  They remind me of a vampire that needs blood to throw back fuel.  I'll give the disrespect a bit of breathing room so it can take heed that it will not hinder me from doing what I want do, which is "fun".  The situation usually settles with "Goodbye".

I've gotten to the point that there are sometimes situations where someone really isn't being rude.  It's sometimes leads to maybe a PM with "Hello, you're cute".  Now to me at one point, it was completely rude, but they actually ment it.  I got used to it to the point it didn't bother me anymore.  Text is a communication that can easily be taken out of the true reason. 

Bambi-01us
Message 56 of 76 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
33654 posts

Jan 3, 2013

nosdrugis wrote:

Some will say that human nature is a factor, and that humans by their nature, are competitive, and that much of the negative behaviors we encounter in Home or forums such as this, are little more than attempts to establish dominance.

Am inclined to believe that this is simply not true. There is no such thing as human nature. Any twinkle of it died long ago with the advent of "civilization"... which is, of course, a falsity unto itself. Humans are not civilized - they are barbaric... because of their environment (society).

In today's society nothing is more important than wealth and power. Humans begin to learn this very early on in life.

Only once humans truly begin to care for their planet and all of its peoples, will peace and love be realized.

Until then, the human race is destined to harm itself... without ever realizing it in any significant way.

never would i thought that a Homeling would have such an insight into human behavior... perhaps you know too much... >.>

Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 76 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 3, 2013

The-Sarge wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

I think I just learned something from a Canadian. That's different. Maybe we'll give you your hockey back now.

Everything you said is 100% on point, Sarge, but I'll take it one step further. The whole problem you describe is based on massive amounts of self-denial, but I honestly believe that the people who practice this behavior are aware that they're lying to themselves. They're so busy picking and choosing what to believe, so that they can justify their own miserable existences, that they react with violence and anger whenever something challenges the house of cards that is their reality.

It's not just a lack of curiosity but a genuine hostility toward uncomfortable facts that defines them.

As far as I'm concerned you can keep our Hockey.  It's Canada's unflinching devotion, and forgiveness of this sport that has allowed them to sustain two major strikes in just over a decade.  But that is a different discussion.

You make good points as always HearItWow, but this is where you and I differ.  You said you believe the people who practice this behavior are aware that they are lying to themselves.

I don't believe this I'm afraid.

I don't believe these people have the intelligence and ability of self reflection to even achieve this insight.  I wish they did.  At least it would mean there was some hope for them, but I believe, as a society, we have degenerated to such an extent that many have lost even the ability to examine the true motivations behind their own personal decisions.

Maybe I am being cynical, but I see very little on a day to day basis that disproves my cynicism I'm afraid.

But it's good seeing you in a thread again.  Been a while.

I'd say it is cynicism, and well founded cynicism at that. I've fallen prey to it myself on many occasions, especially recently with all of the great news coming from places like Washington and Connecticut, but I still hold out hope and I think you do as well. There's no point in commenting in a thread like this unless there's still some dying ember of faith in the world that wants to rekindle.

We peer deeper into the hearts of our fellow humans than ever before in our history, and there's a tremendous amount of ugliness on display. Whether that's always been there is hard to say. Whether we learn from what we've found is all that really matters.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 58 of 76 (131 Views)
Survivor
2254 posts

Jan 3, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

nosdrugis wrote:

never would i thought that a Homeling would have such an insight into human behavior... perhaps you know too much... >.>

Smiley Tongue

Knowing is half the battle, Sir Smiley Wink

GISignature
Message 59 of 76 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Jan 4, 2013

nosdrugis wrote:

All behaviors are learned behaviors.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 60 of 76 (92 Views)
0 Likes