Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Re: ***WIN A 20$ PLAYSTATION NETWORK CARD***

Jun 22, 2013
I kudo'd you.
...however... if you do not try....you are certainly correct.. I hope you do try .
At least you can share what Home means to you.
Message 31 of 66 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Bob. ... you raise an interesting question. Are you able to receive gifts from the 3D Printer or the GiftMachine?? I hope so in that I could hopefully offer that in lieu of the card itself.
Message 32 of 66 (399 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Jun 22, 2013

That's what was done last time I won and couldn't use the psn card. But I have an alt account that I've used to buy stuff on there myself and theres not really much left that I want. Thanks anyways though First. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 33 of 66 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I am very happy to have you participate in this thread. Further, I appreciate your selflessness in being willing to participate in this event even without the incentive of winning. I wish there were more who were as like minded. We can always hope for the best in people to shine through. I have fallen short in several instances so I understand when some people have reactions such as crying foul and perceiving this as a popularity contest and what have you. It is refreshing to me to see someone take such a postlition and you make me feel proud of the sense of community that Home instills in so many of us and it is thanks to people like you.
Message 34 of 66 (381 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Thank you that's really nice of you to say. I'm older than a lot of the forum users on here anyways so it doesn't matter whether I did win or lose. I do only do it for fun. I used to think about hosting a contest of my own but as soon as I found out that the cards weren't region friendly I knew it was something that I just couldn't do. I don't want to host a contest and say "for Canadians Only!", because then some people on here would get mad. Maybe I'll make one someday with a prize from the gift machine. I think this is very generous of you to do too First, it shows your a really selfless guy as well. Man Happy

bobs fed signature
Message 35 of 66 (374 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Thank you.
Message 36 of 66 (366 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

I'm just doing this for fun and don't want the prize since I can't use it anyways. Man Embarassed

But I like Home because you can create and customize you avatar into almost anything you want. I was able to make myself to a 90% likeness of what I really look like. I also have fun with the costumes and mixing and matching outfits to make my own one of a kind costumes too. I've always enjoyed games that give you so many option on making your own personal avatar, and Home is one of the best for that. Man Happy

Don't Kudo me!! Smiley Mad

Kudoed you for playing along for fun even though you know you can't use the prize. It's a shame that most seem to EXPECT something and start crying foul about how unfair it is before it's even started. I do believe we have a few less contests because the people who have put them on in the past got tired of dealing with those who just expected a handout and complained about how they were cheated even though they didn't want to play in the first place.

Message 37 of 66 (329 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29264 posts

Jun 22, 2013

myalana wrote:
Kudoed you for playing along for fun even though you know you can't use the prize. It's a shame that most seem to EXPECT something and start crying foul about how unfair it is before it's even started. I do believe we have a few less contests because the people who have put them on in the past got tired of dealing with those who just expected a handout and complained about how they were cheated even though they didn't want to play in the first place.

Yes you have to love those with an agenda who take every opportunity to blame some in the community. It's nice of the OP to offer up a card for those who wish to participate. Perhaps it might have been better for the OP to simply pick a winner but even that method could be a problem with some. 

Message 38 of 66 (324 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1399 posts

Jun 22, 2013
My heart is full to the top with love for the Home community.
...I anticipated varied responses to this thread and I was correct in assuming there would be some negativity. Its the nature of the forums but... I will take any information I glean from this contest and use it to make the next contest even better. Again, I sincerely thank all those who have chosen or will choose to participate. I value you as fellow citizens and friends. Celebrate the ties that bind us.
Message 39 of 66 (317 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

“It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice” Cassis John.

Kudo my post Pl0X!

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 40 of 66 (491 Views)