Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: This Christmas you really really suck PSN......

Dec 26, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Home has seen more content released in the past 2 months than it saw in its first 2 years.

If people are already bored with this avalanche of material and everything they've purchased recently, they might want to consider why they use Home at all.  It sure doesn't seem that they're spending their money wisely.  There has a been a lot more free content than people care to acknowledge as well.

Yeah, the Christmas masks leave something to be desired but there are a million other things in Home to earn, purchase or do.

Thank you.

I'm glad to know others on the forum see this as well.

It's quite a shame, some people feel like Home needs to hand them all these items when it comes to events/etc.

I for one am glad of all the free redeem code content we've got, in the past 2 months. 

And personally I'm happy to have 3 weeks off from the deluge of stuff we've been getting. We might actually have time to try on some of the things we've bought or some of the places we haven't really had time to visit or experience. 

I'm loving EDO and I do have Assassin's Creed III I got for Christmas that I might have a bit of time to devote too. 

Liza how dare you be practical! Smiley Wink

I was playing EDO this morning, working on getting some of the items while saving RYU.

Don't think I'm a go for the 9000 RYU items. They're priced that each separately. Which is a lot, for a purchasable reward item.

Also, we've been getting so many locomotions in the past few week. Among the huge update of Granzella items, we all need a break to look through it all.

Message 41 of 56 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 26, 2012
Just doing my weekly shill routine for Sony, Jo. You know that I live to serve.
castle3
Message 42 of 56 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Since a mod told me to. Smiley Very Happy

12 Days of Christmas for (NA)Home:

12 EU Threads

11 Network Errors

10 Missing Mods

9 "Buy More" Ads

8 Storage Masks

7 H2o Freebies

6 EU Codes

5 Peeeerviiing Trooooolllls

4 Lazy Devs

3 Reskinned Spaces

2 Jug Games Gifts

and a Mini-Mod saying "Add Me"eeee!

And let's not foooorget ZERO L.M.Oooooooos!

Also, gotta say, I love the "Avalanche of content" comment someone made... as if mall content makes up for space removal, lacking of game support, and shut-down of so many projects we've seen over the past year. ^.^ 2 months of $-only content... or Sodium and/or Mercia ever see'n another update? Toughy. >.>

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 43 of 56 (314 Views)
Wastelander
591 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

Also, gotta say, I love the "Avalanche of content" comment someone made... as if mall content makes up for space removal, lacking of game support, and shut-down of so many projects we've seen over the past year. ^.^ 2 months of $-only content... or Sodium and/or Mercia ever see'n another update? Toughy. >.>

Ouch... you hit right where it hurts.. Smiley Sad

Message 44 of 56 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

RankoSao wrote:

Crazy-88 wrote:

Ouch... you hit right where it hurts.. Smiley Sad

No.... I hit where it's true. Think about it, we are getting TONS of Mall update content each week, and projects are flopping, floudering, or becoming bought-only because Sony won't support them. Christmas time is one of the biggest consumerist holidays around, and while the other regions got freebies and events, we got a reskin with a dozen masks that most put in storage, and only keep 1 or 2 out of storage, if any. Look at our holiday this year, and think about how long it's been since we heard about a new game coming to Home that was inteded to last because of its own merit, not for being a facebook 'daily visit'... that actually is still going. Excluding Xi of course, it's paid-entry since Sony didn't fund it... why? No need to buy ads for Home, we buy enough as it is dont we?

Why advertise with events and games, when the NA-region lets them straight into their wallets?

Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 45 of 56 (292 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Crazy, do you still find the time for Home games or do you just wander around The Hub with your new End of the World sign? Smiley Tongue

castle3
Message 46 of 56 (246 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4688 posts

Dec 27, 2012

Crazy-88 wrote:

Since a mod told me to. Smiley Very Happy

12 Days of Christmas for (NA)Home:

12 EU Threads

11 Network Errors

10 Missing Mods

9 "Buy More" Ads

8 Storage Masks

7 H2o Freebies

6 EU Codes

5 Peeeerviiing Trooooolllls

4 Lazy Devs

3 Reskinned Spaces

2 Jug Games Gifts

and a Mini-Mod saying "Add Me"eeee!

And let's not foooorget ZERO L.M.Oooooooos!

So much for those 10 missing mods? Lol

Message 47 of 56 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Dec 27, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Home has seen more content released in the past 2 months than it saw in its first 2 years.

If people are already bored with this avalanche of material and everything they've purchased recently, they might want to consider why they use Home at all.  It sure doesn't seem that they're spending their money wisely.  There has a been a lot more free content than people care to acknowledge as well.

Yeah, the Christmas masks leave something to be desired but there are a million other things in Home to earn, purchase or do.

I don't believe the concern is a lack of content for the NA region but a seeming disparity regarding what NA receives versus other regions. Obviously the content has been localized to English, I'm not sure what sort of licensing issues could possibly exist.

There seems to be a disconnect between the NA Home team and the community. The absence of a poll regarding the winter event does little to help as it makes it seem as if the staff wants to bury their heads in the sand. Once again, no word from management which just further serves to reinforce the notion that they  just wish to forget about it rather than actually address what COULD be legitimate reasons why we received what we did. Some will suggest that we didn't fall all over ourselves enough thanking them and begging them to share a word with us...not all of us feel that way however.

Message 48 of 56 (214 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

I don't disagree with you myalana but people seem to overlook the reality as well.  They complain when they have to pay for something but then complain about the free stuff as well.  Moderation and communication on the Forum are terrible. Nobody will argue with that.

The Christmas space is nice but the games are so-so at best and masks are lame.  No argument there either but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  I just didn't bother playing the games or earning the masks.  No problem.  Are the EU rewards superior?  Obviously, but guess what?  I took out the elf companion once for a look and tried the sleigh for about 2 minutes.  I haven't looked at them since and haven't touched the Santa or candy cane outfits.  They would probably end up in storage eventually along with the masks.

And this notion that Sony is only interested in money and you can't enjoy Home for free is a joke too.

Despite all the bugs, you can play right through Mercia and collect a bundle of rewards for free.

I'm at Level 7 in FUBAR and completed the Aggressive Promotions missions in Home Tycoon without spending anything.

I completed all the levels at Cutthroats and never paid anything.

I know that Uproar can be played for free and Lockwood gave away a pile of wardrobe items last week.

Do you get all the bells and whistles for free?  No, but what does everyone expect?  These companies need to generate revenue somehow.

Juggernaut, Hellfire, Digital Leisure and Heavy Water have all been giving away nice items for free over the past few weeks through redeemable codes and their spaces.

Many things on Home cost money for the full experience but you can still play a lot of games and collect a lot of items without spending a thing.  People should acknowledge and appreciate it a little more instead of starting thread after thread to complain about some stupid masks - free rewards at a completely free event.  Home is far from perfect and I'm not about to defend SCEA or anyone else for all its flaws but people need to get real.

I spend very little money on Home and enjoy it just fine.  It's ironic that people are always saying things like, "I spend hundreds of dollars on Home so I have the right to complain."  Well, everyone has the right to complain but why do they keep spending so much money when they're dissatisfied with everything?  I know that I wouldn't.  They're only encouraging and enabling Sony to continue the current practices that they find so abhorrent.

castle3
Message 49 of 56 (181 Views)
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Crazy, do you still find the time for Home games or do you just wander around The Hub with your new End of the World sign? Smiley Tongue

Beaten them all?

Mercia I beat during the beta, but was reset, since it's dead and buried I have no need to redo it, since it was buggy enough the first time around.

FUBAR, Aurora, & Xi2 are daily games that I still do, and am as far in them as one can be for diligent daily visits on a freebie playstyle.

Home Tycoon? Done. Everything that's available for free is complete, even after I had a near-pefect freebie city, that was nerfed, I've already rebuild and caught up. So... x2 perhaps?

Uproar... as a shooter I find appalling, with trivial prizes at best, so I boost that now and then with friends, but otherwise ignore it.

MiniBots I have everything for, but have set up EU/NA clubs for it, am hosting a tournament in January, and otherwise continue to help people learn the ropes of it, and promote it to players interested in gaming on Home.

And as far as the '10 missing mods', have you ever heard someone tell us about talks with third parties? Someone updating us on progress with something we've asked? >.> Sure we get forum checks, but none of the mods give us real news worth anything. That was the intent of that joke #. 

Anything older than that is long-since beaten, or ignored because it's pay-to-win(Edo=pass'd, Sodium 100%, S2 complete, etc.)... and that sign is storage-fodder. Any other silly questions? Smiley Tongue

Message 50 of 56 (145 Views)