Fender Bender
3407 posts

Re: This Christmas you really really suck PSN......

Dec 26, 2012

RankoSao wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

RankoSao wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:
^ And you know what? I give kudos to the third party developers for doing that. It just seems like they actually brought Christmas to Home rather than our actual staff. The most they done themselves were provide the regional Christmas 2012 space, and that only provided masks.

I rather the third parties take control of NA Home than our staff who seems to be completely absent to us. But yeah, you're fine Goody 2, I don't mind the reply. Merry Christmas :3

actually, the regional event and masks were lockwood...how is it everybody keeps missing this?

So meaning....SCEA did absolutely nothing to celebrate Christmas? Keeps getting better and better 

SCEA does nothing, period... they havent released anything since Tuscan Villa

Maybe SCEA should stop letting other developers on Home make holiday events. Since we can see what SCEA can do (as of last last year's example). SCEA only released some personal spaces like Crystal Seashores and other mumbo jumbo items. The other developers like Lockwood and Heavy Water are now taking over.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 31 of 56 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Dec 26, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Reality check time again. There are people who don't have family and friends to spend the holidays with and those who didn't even get a good meal today. There are people who have lost loved ones this past year who are missing their presence. There are terminally ill people who won't see the holidays next year. There are people who don't have computers and can't post on these forums....and there are those who don't even have the means to own a PS3, nevermind use Home. Does any of this not make someone feel selfish when they complain about virtual items? Trust me, keeping things in perspective and being humble will get you a lot further than anything you will ever receive in Home.

....and I did not post this because I somehow think everyone has to think of these things just because I have. I just think that people get way too caught up in this stuff, myself included at times in the past--and sometimes a good reality check is the best thing.

Well said Hopp, I stand humbledSmiley Embarassed

Message 32 of 56 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3892 posts

Dec 26, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

I rather the third parties take control of NA Home than our staff who seems to be completely absent to us. 

Seems like they've been absent for a long time.. I stop by Home every now and then to see what changed though.

Message 33 of 56 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Dec 26, 2012

i think that if the people working on the virtual items cant take 1 day to give us free christmas items theres something wrong, i've been on ps home since the closed beta and christmas is the one day every year that i think has been awesome every year till this year. i agree the quest line sucked but there was cool rewards at the end. i still don't see how masks are are festive for christmas.....maybe halloween but christmas reaLLy o_0   

Message 34 of 56 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

So the people who work on virtual items don't need to pay rent, buy food, pay utilities and the like? They should all work for free? 

I think everyone has a right to his or her own opinion Joanna.  After all isn't this Christmas?  Season of giving?

The OP made a point that all she does all year long is spend money on items in Home there is the money for rent, food and utilities.  (LOL, as if anyone working for Sony would ever "rent") now that the NA servers have a chance to play us back all they do is give us masks.  I also feel as if the OP was trying to make a point that every year the events get lamer and lamer. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 35 of 56 (240 Views)
VP of Gaming
28241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

I also feel as if the OP was trying to make a point that every year the events get lamer and lamer. 

The topic, the name of it, is based on one year of Home use (this is her second Christmas on Home) and hearsay (other people's opinions).

Yes, she is entitled to her opinion. But she uses strong words that are based on one other Christmas and the words of others: "My love for PS Home has turned into a really bad hate."

That "statement" makes me wonder...?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 36 of 56 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:
The topic, the name of it, is based on one year of Home use (this is her second Christmas on Home) and hearsay (other people's opinions).

Yes, she is entitled to her opinion. But she uses strong words that are based on one other Christmas and the words of others: "My love for PS Home has turned into a really bad hate."

That "statement" makes me wonder...?

I was talking about:

Happy_Go_Lucky31 wrote:

i play PS home for the 1st time last year durring the christmass season the main thing that made me keep playing was that awsome quest line that you did for christmass and when i talked to people they would tell me about the one that they had done last year here i am a year

The way I read it was the OP's first Christmas on Home was better then this Christmas on Home.  Now back to there first Christmas they talked to people on Home that said the Christmas before was better.

In other words it's been a trend the past few years that the NA server Christmas has been getting worse.

Now, this is just what I got out of the OPs post and you may have interpreted it in another way. 

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 37 of 56 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Dec 26, 2012

Home has seen more content released in the past 2 months than it saw in its first 2 years.

If people are already bored with this avalanche of material and everything they've purchased recently, they might want to consider why they use Home at all.  It sure doesn't seem that they're spending their money wisely.  There has a been a lot more free content than people care to acknowledge as well.

Yeah, the Christmas masks leave something to be desired but there are a million other things in Home to earn, purchase or do.

castle3
Message 38 of 56 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Dec 26, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Home has seen more content released in the past 2 months than it saw in its first 2 years.

If people are already bored with this avalanche of material and everything they've purchased recently, they might want to consider why they use Home at all.  It sure doesn't seem that they're spending their money wisely.  There has a been a lot more free content than people care to acknowledge as well.

Yeah, the Christmas masks leave something to be desired but there are a million other things in Home to earn, purchase or do.

Thank you.

I'm glad to know others on the forum see this as well.

It's quite a shame, some people feel like Home needs to hand them all these items when it comes to events/etc.

I for one am glad of all the free redeem code content we've got, in the past 2 months. 

Message 39 of 56 (131 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Dec 26, 2012

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

Thank you.

I'm glad to know others on the forum see this as well.

It's quite a shame, some people feel like Home needs to hand them all these items when it comes to events/etc.

I for one am glad of all the free redeem code content we've got, in the past 2 months. 

And personally I'm happy to have 3 weeks off from the deluge of stuff we've been getting. We might actually have time to try on some of the things we've bought or some of the places we haven't really had time to visit or experience. 

I'm loving EDO and I do have Assassin's Creed III I got for Christmas that I might have a bit of time to devote too. 

Liza how dare you be practical! Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 56 (123 Views)
0 Likes