Splicer
78 posts

Re: Things to Do in Home if You're Bored

Aug 15, 2010

I got bored of reading the arguments in this thread so I thought I'd make my own fun by posting. Here is what I do when I'm bored.

1: DANCE! This means several locations, Plaza (if I can tolerate the same rap song fifty times- IN A ROW - letyerhcainswingletyerchainswingletyerchainswing), or Jax and Dackster spaceI usually set up my bubble machine behind me and dance  for hours, just people watching and every now and again shouting inane comments such as "SOMEBODY CALL A DOCTOR... cuz I Got DAAAAANCE FEVER!" or "SOMEBODY CALL A COP... cuz I'm KILLING THIS DANCE FLOOR!" Emphasis on people watching, it's just interesting to see what happens on a dance floor. And yes, yes I do report a lot. Extra fun pretending to DJ with the Motorstorm Dk gear in Motorstorm space or Playground. I also venture to Singstar sometimes. Irem Square is also fun just to wander in the Kimono or Dance on the state.

2: MINI GAME MADDNESS! Make a run on every mini game for no reason. I've won pretty much every free item on Home (that I care too, resistance hoodie? no thanks.) Recently I gamble at MuiMui island with picories and then spend the hour between races in Midway doing Miz Fortune every five minutes and feeplay games every fifteen. Gotta be fast! also, Danicng by the high roller game (best music, with pipe organ being second) and collecting a crowd as you wait.

3: Pick someone, yes, just someone and say "HI." It's a social network, take a chance. Be nice! You'd be surprised how many people actively WAIT FOR YOU TO COME TO THEM because they are scared of rejection. You  can always block later if you must, or report, but on the whole you are very likely to MEET NEW PEOPLE, that's what HOME is all about! and even if they aren't your soul mate at least they are new which is interesting! and you are bored right? what have you got to loose?

4: TALK TO ME. I don't care, I get so bored sometimes I just blabber at the air and people will COME AND WATCH so if you see me blabbering at the air, with myself, ANSWER or join in, We too can blabber at the air TOGETHER. Or in fact, BLABBER AT THE AIR YOURSELF, it's bound to drawn at least SOMEONE over for a chat.

5: Watch me Play Buzz trying to get the hundred in a row t-shirt, the sheer amount of epic failure as people pic things like sport steams or quantum physics calculations and then mill about because they don't know any of the answers as I scream to the gods for my torment is BOUND to ease SOME of your boredom.

6: Post on the forum about ways you alleviate boredom.

Message 81 of 95 (23 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Aug 15, 2010

Things to do for me are play games in Home. Or go to a friend and chat heheheh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 82 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Home Developer
332 posts

Aug 15, 2010

Conrad_Max wrote:

If you are bored with Home, and you've tried everything here that is listed to make Home exciting or fun, maybe it's time to just log off and put a game or movie on, go to sleep, read an exciting novel, go out, say hello tou your kids or parents and a million other things.

For many peoiple, being bored on Home tends to lead to bad behavior in order to make things exciting. Before that happens to any of us, just log off. It's not worth getting into trouble over.

And when you feel like it, doing some exploring or meeting people (friends and strangers), come on back. We'll be here to say hello and welcome back. Home will always be here, so come back anytime you wish when you feel up to it.

Be seeing you, ciao!

What a ridiculous statement.

PST
Message 83 of 95 (23 Views)
VP of Gaming
28241 posts

Aug 15, 2010

If you are bored with Home, and you've tried everything here that is listed to make Home exciting or fun, maybe it's time to just log off and put a game or movie on, go to sleep, read an exciting novel, go out, say hello tou your kids or parents and a million other things.

For some people, being bored on Home tends to lead to bad behavior in order to make things exciting. Before that happens to any of us, just log off. It's not worth getting into trouble over.

And when you feel like it, doing some exploring or meeting people (friends and strangers), come on back. We'll be here to say hello and welcome back. Home will always be here, so come back anytime you wish when you feel up to it.

Be seeing you, ciao!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 84 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28241 posts

Aug 15, 2010

DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY wrote:

For some people, being bored on Home tends to lead to bad behavior in order to make things exciting.

What a ridiculous statement.

Not really, sir. I have seen quite a few people who have stated that they were bored as they were going about Home doing and saying things that they should not have been.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 85 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Home Developer
332 posts

Aug 15, 2010

Here are 8 clickable boredom breakers. 

PST
Message 86 of 95 (23 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
515 posts

Aug 15, 2010

imo, home is as boring as you make it out to be. <br>

i find home boring only because i'm not a very sociable person and the mini games just don't keep me interested.<br>

i will sometimes try and learn some of the easy glitches in home which don't invovle disrupting people or games.<br>

Message 87 of 95 (23 Views)
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Aug 27, 2010

I tend to scream, "IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" at random people having conversations.

TheEvanCat sig
Message 88 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Aug 27, 2010

TheEvanCat wrote:

I tend to scream, "IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!" at random people having conversations.

What a great idea, a banana suit with marachas in the hands!! lol

Photobucket
Message 89 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
705 posts

Aug 28, 2010

stardeth wrote:

TheEvanCat wrote:

What a great idea, a banana suit with marachas in the hands!! lol

lol a banana suit, costume, would be awesome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 90 of 95 (23 Views)
0 Likes