Message 41 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Re: They don't deserve kudos...

Apr 7, 2009

jpbslayer wrote:
An Anti kudo thread with 19 kudos so far - TOO FUNNY

I don't think the OP is anti kudos, he was just makiing a point of trying to understand why the managers receive kudos for just showing up on the forum. I mean LS can reveal the rules for a Home contest and receive kudos, I think that's pretty ridiculous as well. At least the people giving the OP kudos have some type of reason and logic for why they're doing it. People who kudos the managers usually do it b/c...well, I really don't know why, that's the point.

Message 42 of 48 (48 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Faux_Smoke wrote:

For doing their jobs.

I'm tired of seeing them in the list of top kudoed authors, when they're only posting because its a part of what they're paid to do.

Sure, once in a while, something seems to be genuinely worthwhile as a response or post , go for it, but the whole lot of you who give them kudos any time they post something new... Knock it off already.

Subwaydesign got into the list because he posted an idea about a PS3 home bundle and really did something worthwhile by being proactive as a posting member of the community. I've seen people cry "KUDO ABUSE" before, but here when there's an obvious case, you don't read a word. So, again, knock it off already, jumping them to the top of the list of kudoed authors makes it harder to find worthwhile and meaningful posts coming out of the community & that's why the system was created in the first place.

They float all of those threads as information for the community, because that's their job... They don't deserve kudos for doing that.

First, Kudos dont really do anything. They just give credit to a person with a good idea or point of view. Second, they have to over see the WHOLE Home operation. Not an easy task. So they deserve some credit. Third, they take crap from people like you when you have NO IDEA what there doing. How do you know there not working as hard as they can to get the job done and done right? You dont. Bottom line, cut the Home staff a break. It might be there job, but its not an easy one. They deserve alot credit

Message 43 of 48 (48 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1850 posts

Apr 8, 2009

I agree.

However, kudos are probably the best way to show the staff that DO find the time to post that we appreciate what they're doing. Sure it's kudo abuse, but I think it's the good kind of abuse.

~
Message 44 of 48 (48 Views)
Gaming Beast
2357 posts

Apr 8, 2009
I rarely kudos people, that being said, if they announce something of some use then i would be more then happy to kudos them.  
Photobucket
Message 45 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2357 posts

Apr 8, 2009
For example, if it's something like 'top game spaces' or ' wishlist' or 'content update' and never give us a content update then ya they do not deserve it but if its *example* 'picture frames tomarow' then im fine with kudos.
Photobucket
Message 46 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Kudos are very subjective to personal views and as such - essentially useless. What "exceptional" means to one person, actually means "stupid" to another. Als0 - one person's opinion of something as "only possible from the mind of an idiot" equals "awesome" and "helpful to the community" to another person.

I encourage everyone to abuse Kudos so that they lose their value in the long run - like achievements and trophies! The ideas behind them are neat, until you see threads upon threads of people giving each other tips to get trophies and achievements as fast as possible. Useless!

Basically, Kudos can never be abused because it's all personal opinion.

Of course, the mods will take back Kudos that other people give that THEY think is not "exceptional". I've seen it happen. Ridiculous.

Message 47 of 48 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cannon Fodder
6838 posts

Apr 8, 2009

Kudos are entirely reflective of what individuals find to be helpful or insightful. The leader boards simply reflect that aggregate total of those individual judgments. This is not a case of kudos abuse or misuse, simply an opinion that you may not personally agree with, which is perfectly acceptable.

However, I would request that any discussions regarding forum features take place in the Forum Support forum so that the PlayStation Home forum can maintain its focus on Home. Thanks

Message 48 of 48 (48 Views)